Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19023421/free-agent-de-chris-long-agrees-2-year-deal-philadelphia-eagles

He only had four sacks with the Patriots last season. He never really lived up to his draft hype, but was solid with the Rams earlier in his career. Probably a rotational player at this point...

Nacho Simulation Football League
El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19023421/free-agent-de-chris-long-agrees-2-year-deal-philadelphia-eagles

He only had four sacks with the Patriots last season. He never really lived up to his draft hype, but was solid with the Rams earlier in his career. Probably a rotational player at this point...

Dang that's crazy.. Follow him on IG and pats fans threw him shade for saying he wouldn't re up.. But I'm sure the pats didn't want him back..

Either way glad he won his ring.. Great guy and shame the way things ended with the Rams.. But Chris has always been classy..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure the reason he opted to leave the Patriots is because he felt that he could be MORE than a rotational player/sub package rusher at this point in his career. Does this mean that he and Graham are the book ends for the Eagles?

I think he lived up to his draft hype. He was always on miserable Rams teams and dealt with a lot of injuries the past few years. Sold blue-collar type of guy, high motor, should bring a good leadership presence to the Eagles.
footbull3196

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good signing by the Eagles. Hes still got some left in the tank. While I don't necessarily agree that he lived up to the hype, part of that was due to the fact that he was stuck on such terrible teams for almost a decade. He was a much better player than he got credit for, and he was a Pro Bowl alternate for 4 straight seasons
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
I am pretty sure the reason he opted to leave the Patriots is because he felt that he could be MORE than a rotational player/sub package rusher at this point in his career. Does this mean that he and Graham are the book ends for the Eagles?

I think he lived up to his draft hype. He was always on miserable Rams teams and dealt with a lot of injuries the past few years. Sold blue-collar type of guy, high motor, should bring a good leadership presence to the Eagles.

Vinny Curry hasn't lived up to his contract, and Marcus Smith has been a bust. So he will replace Barwin who wasn't a system fit and he's cheaper, and he will compete will the two aforementioned players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

Long's one of those players who are better than their stats would indicate (he led the team in QB pressures). He's not flashy and rack up 15+ sacks, but he's as mentioned a solid rotational guy.
nextsuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

11th in league in QB hurries. He had a solid season for the Patriots, but wants to be more than rotational player.
childofpudding

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highboltage55 wrote:
Solid blue-collar type of guy, high motor, should bring a good leadership presence to the Eagles.

High-effort, lunchpail, scrappy fellow. A lot of grit, good fundamentals. Definitely a grinder, just out-hustles the opponent.
tom cody

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a good 1 for sure, the Eagles will be pleased with him I figure.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he'll be a very good fit with what Schwartz likes to do on defense, I think this will be a good match for both sides.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Eagles sign DE Chris Long to 2-year deal Reply with quote

everlong wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Long's one of those players who are better than their stats would indicate (he led the team in QB pressures). He's not flashy and rack up 15+ sacks, but he's as mentioned a solid rotational guy.
He's been a lot better than a rotational for the majority of his career

#1 ET Supporter
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

childofpudding wrote:
Highboltage55 wrote:
Solid blue-collar type of guy, high motor, should bring a good leadership presence to the Eagles.

High-effort, lunchpail, scrappy fellow. A lot of grit, good fundamentals. Definitely a grinder, just out-hustles the opponent.

High-football IQ as well. Deceptive speed. A real coach's player, first-in last-out kind of guy.
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad he got his ring even though it was with the Pats. Worked hard everyday for us despite being bad and mediocre for years. Leaving a Super Bowl caliber team to get starter reps shows his love for the game.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
childofpudding wrote:
Highboltage55 wrote:

High-football IQ as well. Deceptive speed. A real coach's player, first-in last-out kind of guy.

Lol

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
childofpudding wrote:
Highboltage55 wrote:

Laughing

I hate the Jaguars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: