Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Mock Draft Post-FA v1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eagles12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Eagles Mock Draft Post-FA v1 Reply with quote

Hey guys, here's my Eagles Mock Draft, there are a few trades, but other than that not too much moving around with players. Let me know what you think.

Trades:

Eagles trade 1st Round (MIN) Pick and Kendricks to Kansas City for 1st(27), 2nd(59), and 2018 conditional (2nd-6th)

Eagles trade Jason Kelce (C) to Bengals for 4th round pick (138) and 2018 Conditional Pick (3-6th)

Draft:
1(KC) Gareon Conley - CB - Ohio State
This pick adds a solid CB to start and develop with great speed, size, and strength. It's a position of great need, if not the greatest, and ensures that there is some potential and not just place-holders in the secondary.

2(PHI) Joe Mixon - RB - OU -
His obvious off-field issues aside, taking Mixon in the 2nd round addresses a big need in the backfield and allows a 3-down back to take the starting position behind Wentz and instantly reduce the pressure for him to perform in the passing game.

2(KC) Sidney Jones - CB - Washington
Jones was a guaranteed first day player before his freak accident at the WU Pro Day, barring any setbacks to his recovery or further injury issues Jones could make a cautious comeback after sitting out this year to rehab. This pick is only something I can see happening if the Eagles take extensive measures to vet the possibility of full recovery.

3(PHI) Chris Wormley - DE - MI
Not much to explain with this pick, Wormley is a versatile Defensive lineman who can line up at multiple positions and fill a need while also adding some depth to the D-line. He has solid strength and size, with great work ethic and a motor. May be picked earlier in the 3rd round, but has been projected further back.

4(PHI) Will Holden - OT - Vandy
Has ideal size and strength for an OT, however his lack of quickness of foot speed will keep him from playing LT and force a move to the right side of the trenches. Developmental player with a solid ceiling and a future of starting at RT if Johnson takes over for Peters at LT in the future.

4(Comp) Howard Wilson - CB - Houston
Developmental CB with huge upside and great coverage/ball skills. Has the necessary speed and size to become a nfl starter, however he needs some time to become accustomed to some finer points of playing the position. Also needs significant time spent increasing muscle mass.

4(CI) Elijah Lee- LB - K State
Lee is a rangey LB with good size and speed; he has great coverage ability although his awareness can cause drops in coverage, and he does have a difficult time playing against O-line due to his habit of standing to tall. Adds depth and projects as a possible starter with a few years of grooming.

5(PHI) Ethan Cooper - G - IUP
Big boy from a small school; is ready to come in and compete and add depth. Eagles have already brought him in for a visit as well.

6(PHI) Shelton Gibson - WR - WV -
Everyone wanted a WR in the draft, and I'm guessing it will come later in the draft. With plenty of size and strength in our receivers already, taking a burner that will blow by the defensive backs will add some added versatility to the offense when Torrey Smith gets stuck at the line. Not the biggest wideout at 5'11", he operates in a role similar to Desean Jackson, but without the hands or route running precision.

7 Scott Orndoff - TE - Pittsburgh
Limited athletically, but has good character and is a great blocker. Not bad at catching the ball, but needs to work on running routes if he wants to work his way into an active role in the offense.

Post-Draft Free Agency:

DE Devin Taylor - Has a past working with Scwartz's system and should provide some depth at the DE position

CB Brandon Flowers - We need a stopgap and a veteran corner to create some stability and groom the guys that are going into the secondary.

LB Zach Brown/ Spikes- The eagles need another guy at ILB for depth and competition, if Brown isn't resigned by the Dolphines he could become an interesting option.

Depth Chart:
QB: Wentz, Foles
RB: Mixon (R), Smallwood, Sproles,
FB: Orndoff(R)
WR: Jeffery, Green-Beckham
WR: Smith, Agholor
SWR: Matthews, Gibson (R)
TE: Ertz, Celek, Burton, Orndoff (R)
LT: Peters, Tobin
LG: Warmack, Barbre
C: Wisniewski, Seumalo
RG: Brooks, Cooper (R)
RT: Johnson, Vaitai, Holden (R)
DE: Curry, Taylor, Wormley(R)
DT: Allen, Vaeao, Aziz
DT: Cox, Wormley(R)
DE: Graham, Smith, Wormley(R)
OLB: Bradham
MLB: Hicks/Brown
OLB: Goode, Lee (R)
CB: Conley(R), Mills
FS: McLeod, Brooks, Maragos
SS: Jenkins, Watkins
CB: Flowers, Wilson(R), Jones(R) IR*
K: Sturgis
P: Jones
LS: Dorenbos

*Update Conditional pick regarding Kendricks

Last edited by eagles12 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone seems dead set on taking Mixon recently.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:

I think it has more to do with the steep drop-off of game-changing talent after he's off the board at the RB position. There are plenty of nfl-caliber rbs, but the difference between the 1st and 3rd in terms of talent is noticeable after Cook and Fournette come off the board. Mixon is a middle-of the round 1st round pick if he didn't go around punching girls in the face. Character issues aside he has the potential to play as well as either of those two players rated higher than him.
Jlash

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles12 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

I think it has more to do with the steep drop-off of game-changing talent after he's off the board at the RB position. There are plenty of nfl-caliber rbs, but the difference between the 1st and 3rd in terms of talent is noticeable after Cook and Fournette come off the board. Mixon is a middle-of the round 1st round pick if he didn't go around punching girls in the face. Character issues aside he has the potential to play as well as either of those two players rated higher than him.

It seems more to me that people are just afraid they won't get the "value" pick from this guy so each time someone mocks him they go "well...I put him here because he won't be there next round" and then each time he gets pumped up, to the point where I hear people saying we should take him at 14. It's crazy to me, very good RB's get taken after the 1st and 2nd rounds all the time. Taking the kid getting caught hitting a girl as a freshman, then the "humbled youngster" tearing up a parking ticket and throwing it in the attendants face this season, I'll pass on the guy and find someone who may not be a head case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
eagles12 wrote:
Jlash wrote:

It seems more to me that people are just afraid they won't get the "value" pick from this guy so each time someone mocks him they go "well...I put him here because he won't be there next round" and then each time he gets pumped up, to the point where I hear people saying we should take him at 14. It's crazy to me, very good RB's get taken after the 1st and 2nd rounds all the time. Taking the kid getting caught hitting a girl as a freshman, then the "humbled youngster" tearing up a parking ticket and throwing it in the attendants face this season, I'll pass on the guy and find someone who may not be a head case.

I agree I'm personally not high on Mix on his runs are break away runs were he doesn't get touched.. I probably need to watch more tape I like his receiving ability he reminds me of Demarco Murray

I like Caff and Fournette in this draft and some of the mid round picks.. I'd stay clear of Cook and Nixon.. Don't think we can take the luxury of Jones we need help now..
magross

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost me at the trade, no one's giving that up for our pick n Kendricks. It's not a bad trade just not something realistic in my mind that could be offered.

I said it before I'll say it again [inappropriate/removed] no to Conley, dudes gonna be a penalty machine in the NFL.

Love mixon n Jones in the 2nd though.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
You lost me at the trade, no one's giving that up for our pick n Kendricks. It's not a bad trade just not something realistic in my mind that could be offered.

I said it before I'll say it again [inappropriate/removed] no to Conley, dudes gonna be a penalty machine in the NFL.

I agree with the idea its hard to put correct value on trades...are we buyers or sellers in this scenario? If we're looking to trade back we probably aren't getting 3 for 1/player. If you used the idea that KC is looking to trade up for X then some people can get behind it. It still may need some finessing. What is your value of Kendricks straight up? At this point I say he's a 7th if that, bad contract, injury history, even with the out in '18, he's been bait too long with no bites.

Last year Denver moved up from 26 to 21 by adding a 3rd. That's 5 spots.

Last year Tenn pulled a 2 for 3 swap with Cleveland

Tenn moved up 7 spots received a 6th for a 3rd and following year 2nd.
eagles12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
magross wrote:

I agree with the idea its hard to put correct value on trades...are we buyers or sellers in this scenario? If we're looking to trade back we probably aren't getting 3 for 1/player. If you used the idea that KC is looking to trade up for X then some people can get behind it. It still may need some finessing. What is your value of Kendricks straight up? At this point I say he's a 7th if that, bad contract, injury history, even with the out in '18, he's been bait too long with no bites.

I'm aware that the trades are variable, however my rationale behind that was that similar projections have the Eagles swapping with the Seahawks or Texans for their 1st, 2nd, and 4th/5th. This draft class is also historically deep so there is an added incentive to move-up this draft vs. valuing future picks. With that being said, the Chiefs are 27 compared to 25 and 26 respectively, and I value Kendricks at a 4-6th round pick. The Chiefs were a team that were interested in him and could use help at ILB in a 3-4 scheme which is the scheme he was productive at with his previous coach being Andy Reid. For those reasons it's not hard to believe that the Eagles could get a 2nd, and 3rd-5th for a 1st round swap of more than 10+ spots, with Kendricks providing an additional ante to the deal.
eagles12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
magross wrote:

I agree with your assessment regarding the market vs. buyer/seller, and of course that will have an impact on the ability of negotiating a deal, however regarding Kendricks, I'd view his value on average from 5-7th round pick, however I think the Chiefs due to Reid's history with Kendricks could have a bit of an inflated view on him as well as having a need to fill up the middle of the LB core. With that being the case, if current projections have Seahawks or Texans trading a possible 1st, 2nd, and 4th/5th of higher positions for the 14th pick than adding Kendricks could sweeten the deal from 4th/5th to a conditional 2nd/3rd depending on his performance I.E. starting all 16 games, pro-bowl, performance etc.
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:

If I'm reading it correctly, that trade values Kendricks from negative pick 100 to adding pick 104. A bit too much variance in the condition.

You really need to stop confusing your OSU CB tape with your Clemson CB tape, because the knocks you give for Conley are the exact knocks on Tankersley. Yet they don't exist with Conley...

For the OP:

Conley will not be there at 27. He will go top 20.
eagles12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also regarding trade value, since that's the main complaint with this mock. The draft value table actually has a table for trade-up spots for the Chiefs and respective offers that would allow them to move up...They have it listed as the 1st, 2nd, and conditional 3rd this year. Adding Kendricks to the deal could theoretically cause them to take it to a conditional 2nd next year.
magross

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
magross wrote:

If I'm reading it correctly, that trade values Kendricks from negative pick 100 to adding pick 104. A bit too much variance in the condition.

You really need to stop confusing your OSU CB tape with your Clemson CB tape, because the knocks you give for Conley are the exact knocks on Tankersley. Yet they don't exist with Conley...

For the OP:

Conley makes contact way too early without turning his head around, and starts grabbing when beat.
eagles12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
magross wrote:

For the OP:

He could very easily be gone in the top 20, but most mocks have him ranging anywhere from 26-42. I think there are a lot of teams that have a variety of opinions on the corners that will be available in that range I.E. Tabor, White, Jackson, Wilson, etc
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
magross wrote:

For the OP:

Conley makes contact way too early without turning his head around, and starts grabbing when beat.

You may have a slight point if you talk about face guarding (legal in college), but Conley is no more grabby than any other college CB and significantly less than most. Again, you must be watching your Clemson CB tape.
eagles12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
magross wrote:

For the OP:

Would you rather have a corner who doesn't attempt to harass and deflect balls and never draws a foul or a corner who is constantly in the WR face/playing the ball and occasionally gets called on interference...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: