You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys extend TE Jason Witten 4 years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude gets to close it out and hang up the cleats with the Cowboys. Good for him
footbull3196

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, the last extension that Witten signed in 2011 was supposed to be the one that allowed him to retire with the Cowboys. Now we're talking about this extension being the one that allows him to retire with Dallas lol. Some things never change
KManX89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, the old man can still run crisp, clear routes at age 34. He also seems like a good presence in the locker room.

Good for Dallas to keep him around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprising, considering his age and lack of athleticism at this point.

Mack on the sig
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
I know Ima get crisp for saying this.. But man he's never been special to me. Such a slow runner who ran some cringe worthy routes.. Dude looked like a cement truck out there..

But he made due and he's built himself a great HOF career.. But no way is he in my top 5 TE's of all time.. He's a great player.. But watching him play i never saw that wow.. His resume speaks for itself though.. Special accomplishments, Just not my cup of tea.

Gronk
Kellen Winslow
Tony G
Antonio Gates
Shannon Sharpe..

Those players are all better TEs at receiving, but all around (blocking) Witten should be in that debate.

Witten was good at routes and fast through his cuts, but definitely had no RAC ability other than barreling through players "tank style"
resilient

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
Dude is going to be rollin around in a wheel chair on the field, but somehow still boxing out defenders effectively.

Well he cant get any slower. But he will always be fast enough to convert a 3rd down against the Giants.. Laughing

OUCH ! Very Happy
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resilient wrote:
El ramster wrote:
I know Ima get crisp for saying this.. But man he's never been special to me. Such a slow runner who ran some cringe worthy routes.. Dude looked like a cement truck out there..

But he made due and he's built himself a great HOF career.. But no way is he in my top 5 TE's of all time.. He's a great player.. But watching him play i never saw that wow.. His resume speaks for itself though.. Special accomplishments, Just not my cup of tea.

Gronk
Kellen Winslow
Tony G
Antonio Gates
Shannon Sharpe..

Those players are all better TEs at receiving, but all around (blocking) Witten should be in that debate.

Witten was good at routes and fast through his cuts, but definitely had no RAC ability other than barreling through players "tank style"

Still counts

KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
resilient wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Gronk
Kellen Winslow
Tony G
Antonio Gates
Shannon Sharpe..

Still counts

That whole run should've been negated when his helmet came off.

Still a hell of a play, though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witten is just one of those guys that knows how to stay healthy and preserve himself. I used to think injuries had to do with luck, but I really do think some guys are just built better and know how to play to avoid injury.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Witten is just one of those guys that knows how to stay healthy and preserve himself. I used to think injuries had to do with luck, but I really do think some guys are just built better and know how to play to avoid injury.

I'm with you except Witten definitely doesn't avoid contact. I don't even think he's capable of a juke. He probably has more scar tissue in his body then healthy tissue. Just one hell of a football player. Old school toughness. Never the glamorous gaudy receiving numbers tight end but sure fire hall of famer and you wish you could have a whole team full of guys with his work ethic.
TVScout

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I'm with you except Witten definitely doesn't avoid contact. I don't even think he's capable of a juke. He probably has more scar tissue in his body then healthy tissue. Just one hell of a football player. Old school toughness. Never the glamorous gaudy receiving numbers tight end but sure fire hall of famer and you wish you could have a whole team full of guys with his work ethic.

He knows how to get tackled gently.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witten's work as a pass catcher is, if anything, very underrated. Never a gaudy receiving TE? He's had 4 seasons over 1,000 yards. Another 3 over 900. In 223 games.

Tony Gonzalez - 4 over 1000, 5 over 900 in 16 seasons/270 games.

What sort of numbers do people think receiving TE's consistently put up? If anything, (healthy) Gronkowski is the only guy I've at the position you could count on to consistently put up 1,000+ yards. And he has Tom Brady throwing it to him and about as much stability as you could ask for on top of being a transcendental talent.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Gmen wrote:

He knows how to get tackled gently.

Mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_YUk17GjOw
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:

Wasn't that a recent rule change? Could be wrong.

Dirk Gently wrote:
Mandatory

Looks like he intentionally rolled to his left so the cheerleader would be on top of him and therefore undamaged. What a stand up classy guy Cool
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
KManX89 wrote:

Wasn't that a recent rule change? Could be wrong.

Dirk Gently wrote:
Mandatory

Looks like he intentionally rolled to his left so the cheerleader would be on top of him and therefore undamaged. What a stand up classy guy Cool

Dats how he gets the ladies..

Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: