You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Las Vegas Raiders
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw a bunch of young 20 somethings who are, at best, financially illiterate and at worst wantonly disregarding their own financial stakes into a town with the most gambling in the nation.

Yeah this will work out juuuuuust fine.

Wonder how long until a new signee pulls a Holyfield and asks for his signing bonus in chips. I mean hell ESPN might need a dedicated section of the site along with the NFL league office just for the stuff that players get up too in Vegas.

The NFL has no idea what it's doing long term, it's the complete opposite of the other leagues where it's just chasing the almighty TV dollar for that one last bump in revenue. But, where the other 3 big leagues have begun to bulwark against the cable bubble bursting, and it's coming, the NFL is throwing caution to the wind and doubling down. They don't even have a free-form streaming service FFS.

This will backfire. This will backfire horribly.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
BayRaider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Throw a bunch of young 20 somethings who are, at best, financially illiterate and at worst wantonly disregarding their own financial stakes into a town with the most gambling in the nation.

Yeah this will work out juuuuuust fine.

Wonder how long until a new signee pulls a Holyfield and asks for his signing bonus in chips. I mean hell ESPN might need a dedicated section of the site along with the NFL league office just for the stuff that players get up too in Vegas.

The NFL has no idea what it's doing long term, it's the complete opposite of the other leagues where it's just chasing the almighty TV dollar for that one last bump in revenue. But, where the other 3 big leagues have begun to bulwark against the cable bubble bursting, and it's coming, the NFL is throwing caution to the wind and doubling down. They don't even have a free-form streaming service FFS.

This will backfire. This will backfire horribly.

No it won't. Have you even been to Vegas? It's not nearly the same city it was years ago. It can support a team and worrying about players gambling is way blown out of proportion. The Las Vegas Raiders and Vegas Golden Knights are going to do just fine. Probably will be an NBA team within the next 7-10 years as well.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is massive for Mark, the league and the city of Las Vegas. We will undoubtedly get the most state of the art, over the top stadium in the league. I can see a Super Bowl being hosted there very soon, as well as the Draft and potentially Pro Bowl. Mark instantly just upped his net worth 100000%, and the league moves in to the entertainment capital of the world. People are blinded by the "It's Vegas, Cooper is going be corrupted!!!" garbage, and not looking at facts and benefits.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
raiderrocker18

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis either had to move or sell the team to somebody willing to pay for his own stadium in Oakland. I understand the move but also understand the feeling of hometown fans.

I live in LA and was about 4 when the Raiders moved back to Oakland, so I never got the chance to enjoy a hometown team.
sdrawkcab321

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 teams in LA that no one in LA cares about and now one going to Vegas where no one will care about in Vegas. That's rough. Feel bad for Oakland. They deserve a team much more than those 2 cities.

2016 Adopt A Brown: Al Saunders
SFPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for Oakland. My dad is from there and he was ok with the Warriors leaving but he's probably gonna be pretty bummed about this move.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
2 teams in LA that no one in LA cares about and now one going to Vegas where no one will care about in Vegas. That's rough. Feel bad for Oakland. They deserve a team much more than those 2 cities.

This isn't the Golden Knights where they literally made a team up. This is the Raiders we are talking about. The best traveling team in the league, arguably one of the most iconic/recognizable/prevalent NFL brands and a MAJOR up and coming team. We have 3 years most likely until we move to LV. That is plenty of time to get LV residents associated with the Raiders, to pair along with our infamously intense and dedicated fanbase traveling to tons of games. It's not like Cali (where tons of our fans reside) is far from Vegas. Hell it's probably easier now for Cali fans to get to Vegas than Oakland.

People thinking the Raiders will fizzle out... Laughing

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get what people are saying about how it sucks for the Raiders fans in the Bay, and it really does, but it's a money-driven game these days, and the Raiders have hit the jackpot (Rolling Eyes) here. Lower relocation fee than if they moved to LA, huge amounts of taxpayer funding, and a shiny, brand new stadium. Everything they could have wished for and basically had no hope of getting anywhere else, especially in Oakland.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
It's not like Cali (where tons of our fans reside) is far from Vegas. Hell it's probably easier now for Cali fans to get to Vegas than Oakland.

SoCal fans, absolutely. 4 hour drive from LA to Vegas, more than double that from LA to the Bay.
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another dagger.

I find all of this relocation stuff to be the most deplorable thing about American sports.
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
It's not like Cali (where tons of our fans reside) is far from Vegas. Hell it's probably easier now for Cali fans to get to Vegas than Oakland.

SoCal fans, absolutely. 4 hour drive from LA to Vegas, more than double that from LA to the Bay.

its about a 6 hour drive

If I was a Raider with a long term future I'd be stoked, Uncle Sam is getting a lot less of that paycheck.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
I can see a Super Bowl being hosted there very soon

A Super Bowl in Vegas, imagine that. Can't get much more American than that.
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Nightmare wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

its about a 6 hour drive

If I was a Raider with a long term future I'd be stoked, Uncle Sam is getting a lot less of that paycheck.

Yeah, Nightmare must be taking the scenic route.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiderrocker18 wrote:
It's all kroenke's fault for forcing his way to LA

Thank god for Kroenke. The Rams are finally back where they're supposed to be.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I don't like this necessarily BUT I can't view it in the same vein as the Kroenke / Spanos decisions.

Davis has less capital at his disposal, the other owners clearly wanted the Raiders in Vegas, Oakland wasn't willing to work with the NFL (not that they should, just that they didn't).

How is this different from Spanos? Spanos doesn't have the capital either.

Not that I'm trying to vilify Davis, but if you're giving Davis a pass for those reasons, you should probably be giving one to Spanos as well.

Ultimately, the biggest blame is on the NFL for proliferating an irrational and unreasonable model and expectation among it's ownership that, even if you lack the liquidity to put any of your own money at stake, you should be given a taxpayer-funded bright and shiny new stadium just by asking for it or else you're justified in pulling up roots and crapping on years of history and tradition.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: