Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Here's my best guess at the top 32 how things shake out. Never done this before so be kind. I took some time to try and get a grasp on other teams needs but it's hard. Curious to see how I do so I wanted to get it on paper before tomorrow. Like always we will see some shockers some may disagree with but whatever. I'll put a brief description for each pick so you can see my reasoning.

1. CLE - Garrett (obvious)

2. SF - Adams (Natural leader and safe pick for SF to build around)

3. CHI - Thomas (good fit and Adams was gone, I think they like Glennon so no QB here)

4. JAC - Watson (I think they are done with Bortles, Watson is a winner and a gamer. They spent a ton of money and I think they have a full blown QB comp in TC, this is the first shocker of the draft

5. CLE - Turbisky (trade from CLE #12, #33, CLE 5th. CLE gets their man and TEN gets what they want more picks)

6. NYJ - Malik Hooker (Jets are desperate to trade out but CLE gets same deal for #5 and Jets are stuck with Hooker. Saying stuck with Hooker sounds bad because this guy has a skyscraper type ceiling and Jets get a game changer)

7. SD - Jonathan Allen (SD has a top 5 talent fall to them like Williams feel to the Jets two years ago. Bosa and Allen form a scary DL.)

8. CAR - McCaffrey (Yep they pass Fournette with the 2nd shocker of the draft and grab the better all around back. The things the OC can do in a read option with CAM and McCaffrey is scary.

9. TEN - Lattimore (trade from TEN #12, #83. TEN adds #33 and still gets their guy using one of two 3rd rounds they have to move back up, they probably needed to jump BUF and/or NO for him)

10. BUF - Howard (BUF is tough, they can go many different ways but settle on a the stud TE to help Taylor, Shady and Watkins)

11. NO - Barnett (NO grabs a much needed pass rusher since Reddick/Lattimore are gone and Conley is dropping)

12. CIN - Reddick (CIN traded down because they had similar grades on a few guys, they add a 3rd which helps and land a stud LB who can help all over the field, he slots nicely into the WILL for them)

13. IND - Fournette (trade from INDY #15 and 4th. INDY has many needs on D but they had no choice since Fournette was there and PHI was licking their chops, they are not shy about getting their guy and giving Luck running game like Fournette was too good to pass up)

14. PHI - Jackson (PHI fans are pissed at INDY but settle on a much needed CB. In a bit of a shock Jackson jumps Humprhey because of upside.

15. ARI - Mahomes (ARI grabs an extra pick but lands their future in Mahomes. Love his attitude and arm as does ARI. Perfect landing spot since Mahomes is a project)

16. BAL - Robinson (I like Robinson more than most and think BAL is getting great value here. Ozzie loves Saban's guys and they take their future RT to form a bookend with Stanley.)

17. WAS - Williams (WR is a need and the best one slipped further than they thought. If they hope to win they need to score and with D-Jax/Garcon gone WR is a big need. Williams fits and is a nice red zone threat to pair with Doctson/Crowder.

18. TEN - Harris (They need a WR but just missed Williams. They stick to BPA and go with another need pass rusher and look to address WR at #33)

19. TB - Davis (I was thinking safety but didn't see the value so instead went with Jarrod Davis who will slot right in at LB for TB.)

20. DEN - Ramczyk - (DEN has big needs at OT and this could be an immediate upgrade for them. I considered Foster as well since DEN has the locker room to keep him in check and the talent is hard to pass on but went with the bigger need)

21. DET - Charlton (DET is thrilled to see Taco on the board here as he could go higher than expected but another rusher opposite Ziggy is key for their defense)

22. MIA - Foster (Tannenbaum has a flare for the dramatic and as a major need in their defense MIA takes the risk on Foster. They did it last year with Tunsil and grab another stud later then usual with Foster.)

23. NYG - Njoku (NYG would have ran to the podium if Foster was there but since him and Davis is gone they settle on a huge need a TE.)

24. OAK - King (OAK is a few pieces away from contending and CB is one. They consider Humphrey but go with the guy with the higher ceiling)

25. HOU - Webb (A bit of a panic move by HOU since the top 3 guys are gone and they couldn't move up to get one. Webb fits BOB's system better than Kizer so Webb gets the nod here)

26. ATL - Lamp (ATL trades up using #31, 4th and future 4th to land the best guard to bolster their run game. ATL loves to run the ball and Lamp is great value here. SEA has great success with mid rounders and adds two more)

27. KC - Melifonwu (Berry and Obi form a nice duo in the secondary. This could put them over the top in the secondary with an elite defense as Obi can do multiple things from cover TE's to play CF. Along with that pass rush that D is going to be tough)

28. DAL - Humphrey (DAL is thrilled to have a high end CB drop to them since the value is there as is the biggest need. DAL runs to the podium for Humphrey)

29. GB - Mixon (Don't think he gets out of round 1 but haven't found a landing spot. Could be way off here on this one but GB has a good locker room, good ownership and a need. Not sure if GB has said one way or the other about him but I needed to find a spot since I think he goes round 1)

30. PIT - Bowser (I think PIT takes Bowser for another run at NE and skips the QB here)

31. SEA - Bolles (CB is a need even with Sherman but so is OT. Bolles is an immediate upgrade to a struggling line. SEA needs to protect their franchise and Bolles does that. They move down and still get their guy)

32. CHI - Kizer (I said CHI like Glennon not love him. CHI slides into the end of round 1 to grab that extra 1 year for the rookie and grooms Kizer behind Glennon. CHI 2nd along with a 5th and 7th was enough for NO to bite)

This was my 1st round complete mock if anyone was interested.

Some interesting things I see happening
5 QB's in round 1
Fournette falling out of top 10
JAGS going QB
Mixon and Foster still in round 1.
CHI sliding up into end of round 1 to get that extra year on the contract for a QB.

HOW could a safety be a game changer?
Mr.O

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Here's my best guess at the top 32 how things shake out. Never done this before so be kind. I took some time to try and get a grasp on other teams needs but it's hard. Curious to see how I do so I wanted to get it on paper before tomorrow. Like always we will see some shockers some may disagree with but whatever. I'll put a brief description for each pick so you can see my reasoning.

1. CLE - Garrett (obvious)

2. SF - Adams (Natural leader and safe pick for SF to build around)

3. CHI - Thomas (good fit and Adams was gone, I think they like Glennon so no QB here)

4. JAC - Watson (I think they are done with Bortles, Watson is a winner and a gamer. They spent a ton of money and I think they have a full blown QB comp in TC, this is the first shocker of the draft

5. CLE - Turbisky (trade from CLE #12, #33, CLE 5th. CLE gets their man and TEN gets what they want more picks)

6. NYJ - Malik Hooker (Jets are desperate to trade out but CLE gets same deal for #5 and Jets are stuck with Hooker. Saying stuck with Hooker sounds bad because this guy has a skyscraper type ceiling and Jets get a game changer)

7. SD - Jonathan Allen (SD has a top 5 talent fall to them like Williams feel to the Jets two years ago. Bosa and Allen form a scary DL.)

8. CAR - McCaffrey (Yep they pass Fournette with the 2nd shocker of the draft and grab the better all around back. The things the OC can do in a read option with CAM and McCaffrey is scary.

9. TEN - Lattimore (trade from TEN #12, #83. TEN adds #33 and still gets their guy using one of two 3rd rounds they have to move back up, they probably needed to jump BUF and/or NO for him)

10. BUF - Howard (BUF is tough, they can go many different ways but settle on a the stud TE to help Taylor, Shady and Watkins)

11. NO - Barnett (NO grabs a much needed pass rusher since Reddick/Lattimore are gone and Conley is dropping)

12. CIN - Reddick (CIN traded down because they had similar grades on a few guys, they add a 3rd which helps and land a stud LB who can help all over the field, he slots nicely into the WILL for them)

13. IND - Fournette (trade from INDY #15 and 4th. INDY has many needs on D but they had no choice since Fournette was there and PHI was licking their chops, they are not shy about getting their guy and giving Luck running game like Fournette was too good to pass up)

14. PHI - Jackson (PHI fans are pissed at INDY but settle on a much needed CB. In a bit of a shock Jackson jumps Humprhey because of upside.

15. ARI - Mahomes (ARI grabs an extra pick but lands their future in Mahomes. Love his attitude and arm as does ARI. Perfect landing spot since Mahomes is a project)

16. BAL - Robinson (I like Robinson more than most and think BAL is getting great value here. Ozzie loves Saban's guys and they take their future RT to form a bookend with Stanley.)

17. WAS - Williams (WR is a need and the best one slipped further than they thought. If they hope to win they need to score and with D-Jax/Garcon gone WR is a big need. Williams fits and is a nice red zone threat to pair with Doctson/Crowder.

18. TEN - Harris (They need a WR but just missed Williams. They stick to BPA and go with another need pass rusher and look to address WR at #33)

19. TB - Davis (I was thinking safety but didn't see the value so instead went with Jarrod Davis who will slot right in at LB for TB.)

20. DEN - Ramczyk - (DEN has big needs at OT and this could be an immediate upgrade for them. I considered Foster as well since DEN has the locker room to keep him in check and the talent is hard to pass on but went with the bigger need)

21. DET - Charlton (DET is thrilled to see Taco on the board here as he could go higher than expected but another rusher opposite Ziggy is key for their defense)

22. MIA - Foster (Tannenbaum has a flare for the dramatic and as a major need in their defense MIA takes the risk on Foster. They did it last year with Tunsil and grab another stud later then usual with Foster.)

23. NYG - Njoku (NYG would have ran to the podium if Foster was there but since him and Davis is gone they settle on a huge need a TE.)

24. OAK - King (OAK is a few pieces away from contending and CB is one. They consider Humphrey but go with the guy with the higher ceiling)

25. HOU - Webb (A bit of a panic move by HOU since the top 3 guys are gone and they couldn't move up to get one. Webb fits BOB's system better than Kizer so Webb gets the nod here)

26. ATL - Lamp (ATL trades up using #31, 4th and future 4th to land the best guard to bolster their run game. ATL loves to run the ball and Lamp is great value here. SEA has great success with mid rounders and adds two more)

27. KC - Melifonwu (Berry and Obi form a nice duo in the secondary. This could put them over the top in the secondary with an elite defense as Obi can do multiple things from cover TE's to play CF. Along with that pass rush that D is going to be tough)

28. DAL - Humphrey (DAL is thrilled to have a high end CB drop to them since the value is there as is the biggest need. DAL runs to the podium for Humphrey)

29. GB - Mixon (Don't think he gets out of round 1 but haven't found a landing spot. Could be way off here on this one but GB has a good locker room, good ownership and a need. Not sure if GB has said one way or the other about him but I needed to find a spot since I think he goes round 1)

30. PIT - Bowser (I think PIT takes Bowser for another run at NE and skips the QB here)

31. SEA - Bolles (CB is a need even with Sherman but so is OT. Bolles is an immediate upgrade to a struggling line. SEA needs to protect their franchise and Bolles does that. They move down and still get their guy)

32. CHI - Kizer (I said CHI like Glennon not love him. CHI slides into the end of round 1 to grab that extra 1 year for the rookie and grooms Kizer behind Glennon. CHI 2nd along with a 5th and 7th was enough for NO to bite)

This was my 1st round complete mock if anyone was interested.

Some interesting things I see happening
5 QB's in round 1
Fournette falling out of top 10
JAGS going QB
Mixon and Foster still in round 1.
CHI sliding up into end of round 1 to get that extra year on the contract for a QB.

HOW could a safety be a game changer?
Ed Reed, Troy P, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Brian Dawkins, ect....

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety would easily be the biggest improvement we could make at 6 given our current roster. Howard should really be the only other option but only if Adams and Hooker are gone. As long as we take one of those 3 at #6 I'd be happy.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, safeties have a bigger impact on passing because they are harder for QBs to hide from. Pending on the system, safeties can impact everything.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Jag68Sid87

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be upset if we pass on Fournette at 6. I don't think he'll be there at 6, but if he is and we pass on him for another defender I will not like it.

Perfect way to start our rebuild: take the best offensive player in this draft.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
I will be upset if we pass on Fournette at 6. I don't think he'll be there at 6, but if he is and we pass on him for another defender I will not like it.

Perfect way to start our rebuild: take the best offensive player in this draft.

I think Adams would be the only player I'd want over Fournette if he is there even though I think the value at taking a RB at 6 could hurt us. I do think there are a ton of positives with selecting Fournette though.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the likelihood of Fournette being there is more increased with these rumors. Jacksonville is the only team that I think will take him ahead of us.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I think the likelihood of Fournette being there is more increased with these rumors. Jacksonville is the only team that I think will take him ahead of us.

I think Jacksonville is trying to force the Bears to take Watson so they become the key trade down spot.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind fournette, but I really like Howard, Hooker, and Adams. They would all become difference makers for us.

rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalvin Cook reminds me so much of Frank Gore as far as style.

Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fairly confident that Fournette would offer nothing to do current NY Jets team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
I am fairly confident that Fournette would offer nothing to do current NY Jets team

And that's where I differ with you. This franchise's #1 priority should be to try and find a franchise qb. I think most of us agree no one we can get at 6 will offer us that. Can we draft a qb later, cut Petty and groom that guy? Absolutely. But no one is our Week 1 starter in 2017 hands down. But we do have a 22yr old qb that has sat and learned for a year that has some talent. He should get a chance to start this season in some kind of capacity. Not sure how much bc that depends on a lot of things us as fans have no clue about. What I do know though, is there are things that a franchise can do to help find a franchise qb and ease the weight in their shoulders. 1st being a good oline. I happen to think we have a slightly above average oline. And actually have some young talent that should if anything only get better. Far from elite or great but above average. They also can keep Hack in his feet. This is a huge thing I think people look over with him. How great he stood in the pocket and didn't turn the ball over at an alarming rate with one of the worse plumes at PSU. 2nd being piggybacking off of the oline is a great run game. Forte offers nothing at this stage 75% of NFL RBs can't do. Powell still has questions about being a lead back and after all he's not exactly 23yrs old either. He's best served like we used him 2 years ago when we played good and so did he. Fournette is an elite RB prospect and the combo of him and Powell with better oline play would be exactly what this team needs to help Hack grow. Lastly receiving talent for that qb. Our WRs aren't bad, but certainly not good. I still laugh when people on here talk about Anderson, Peake, Smith and Marshall as a good unit. Howard would help this as a receiving option and a blocking asset. These should be focal points for this team.
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

And that's where I differ with you. This franchise's #1 priority should be to try and find a franchise qb. I think most of us agree no one we can get at 6 will offer us that. Can we draft a qb later, cut Petty and groom that guy? Absolutely. But no one is our Week 1 starter in 2017 hands down. But we do have a 22yr old qb that has sat and learned for a year that has some talent. He should get a chance to start this season in some kind of capacity. Not sure how much bc that depends on a lot of things us as fans have no clue about. What I do know though, is there are things that a franchise can do to help find a franchise qb and ease the weight in their shoulders. 1st being a good oline. I happen to think we have a slightly above average oline. And actually have some young talent that should if anything only get better. Far from elite or great but above average. They also can keep Hack in his feet. This is a huge thing I think people look over with him. How great he stood in the pocket and didn't turn the ball over at an alarming rate with one of the worse plumes at PSU. 2nd being piggybacking off of the oline is a great run game. Forte offers nothing at this stage 75% of NFL RBs can't do. Powell still has questions about being a lead back and after all he's not exactly 23yrs old either. He's best served like we used him 2 years ago when we played good and so did he. Fournette is an elite RB prospect and the combo of him and Powell with better oline play would be exactly what this team needs to help Hack grow. Lastly receiving talent for that qb. Our WRs aren't bad, but certainly not good. I still laugh when people on here talk about Anderson, Peake, Smith and Marshall as a good unit. Howard would help this as a receiving option and a blocking asset. These should be focal points for this team.

Did you purposely forget Enunwa and Decker? While I dont disagree with you, but you failed to mention our #1 and 2 targets. I dont think a ton of teams brag about their #3-5 WR and base how their corps is on those guys. I am on board with drafting Howard to help out a young QB whether that be hack or even possibly petty again. Fournette wouldn't be a favorite pick of mine but I could live with it.

From last season, I got so disgusted watching our CB and S get beat deep, so I am on the Adams/Hooker train.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fair to disagree; I could be very wrong, but let's be real for a second

Our OL is not "above average." It's actually very bad with above average "potential."

Kelvin Beachem is coming off a terrible year and is slated as our LT. I liked the signing and admit that he has potential, but that's not tangible. The realithy is that he is coming off of a terrible year that saw him cut from the Jaguars.

At RT, we are hyping up 3 games from Brandon Shell. Remember when we hyped up 3 games from Wayne Hunter and then confidently rolled him out as our starting RT the year after? Let's be careful here.

Our guards are solid if not average

And that leaves us at C with Wes Johnson who for some reason is not being called out for being bad last year

We have huuuuuuuuuuuuge question marks at the most important positions on the OL. Look at Todd Gurley who is running behind a bad OL and can't even get a positive yard.

I feel like Zeke Elliott has put the beer goggles on some of y'all.

*FWIW I hope that I'm wrong but that's the reality of our OL situation right now

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulieIceman wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Bianconero wrote:

Did you purposely forget Enunwa and Decker? While I dont disagree with you, but you failed to mention our #1 and 2 targets. I dont think a ton of teams brag about their #3-5 WR and base how their corps is on those guys. I am on board with drafting Howard to help out a young QB whether that be hack or even possibly petty again. Fournette wouldn't be a favorite pick of mine but I could live with it.

From last season, I got so disgusted watching our CB and S get beat deep, so I am on the Adams/Hooker train.

I left out Decker bc he has health issues and still could be cut if we address WR early, he also is like 32 we aren't building around him and Enunwa is a good #2, I don't think he will ever have #1 potential. A lot of drafts I've wanted WR in Round 1, I haven't said once this draft I want a WR at 6, if we trade back that's a whole other story. I have also said I think Adams is an elite talent and would be happy if we drafted him at 6. I however don't think Hooker is a good pick at 6. I certainly wouldn't hate the pick... but I wouldn't like it either. And I don't think any CB in this class is worthy of the 6th pick. I think we can arguably get a CB at 39 just as good if not better than anyone we can get at 6, bc I think the difference between the 1-10 CBs in this draft is so small.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 52 of 53

Jump to: