Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianconero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Thomas or Adams is going to fall to 6

2 QBs will go in the top 5 IMO. Garrett to Cleveland, Jacksonville takes Fournette.

Titans trade back imo for someone to jump us, Chicago or SF take a QB the other takes either Thomas or Adams
The bolded is bold

I think that one of Thomas or Adams will be there at 6 now; I think Chicago goes QB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I finally checked out Conley, I'm very impressed.
same, I'd be totally cool with targeting him in a trade down and taking Budda Baker in the 2nd. Someone good is going to be sitting at 33 if we can trade down with Cleveland.

There is a possibility we trade #6 to Cleveland's #12, 33, 4th. Cleveland takes Trubisky. Then we trade #12 to Huston's #25 and a 2018 1st. Huston takes Mahomes. Then we listen to offers for the 25th pick for a team like the bears or Cardinals who may want to trade into the back half of round 1 for a QB. They would be leapfrogging the Chiefs who could be looking to move on from Alex Smith, the Steelers who may feel the need to take Ben's replacement, the same could possibly be said for the Saints if they decide not to trade 32 for Butler. Those situations really aren't THAT far fetched.

I see your point, I was always against trading the # 6 pick in the draft but I do like trading it for the 12 & 33 pick in the draft. The rest is to much of a risk. We still could get a top player with the 12th pick, but I don't want to drop any lower in the draft, than 12th.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think we try sndvtrade back, but hopefully Macc just doesn't give up the 6th pick bc he wants more picks so bad. We better get the appropriate value if not more for the pick of it is a team trading up for a qb. But I don't like to assume we trade back so I plan on us picking at 6.

I'll start by saying I think Garrett and Adams will both be gone by our pick so I won't include them.

Hooker is still who I "think" we will draft. I say think, bc that's not what I want. I don't hate picking him, I just don't love it. I think he has way more question marks than what some think. 1 year starter, almost quit football, 2 off season surgeries, has only played football a few years, basketball is his passion not football. And I don't think we are a franchise that can afford to take that risk. In a rebuild we can't take risks early in the draft. I also think this safety class is very deep. So using our 2nd or potentially 2-3 3rd Rounders I think has better value.

Fournette is who I want. I still question if he will even be there. I also question if we even want him. But I think he's exactly what we need. Our oline is not bad at all. Adding a young dynamic RB to this team can help us in numerous ways. 1st off most importantly, it helps your qb. Helps take the pressure off of him and opens up lanes bc defenses stsrt loading up the box. It controls the clock which that alone makes our defense better, not being on the field 65% of the time. We have several deep ball WRs, nothing sets that up more than a great run game with play action. This plays into our personnel. I think Fournette is so good people are just looking for stuff to say bad about him, bc there's very few flaws in his game. I think every team that passes on him will regret it.

Howard is my 2nd favorite pick. The guy has no holes in his game much like Fournette at his trade. Howard just doesn't have big production, butbthay wasn't bc of skill, that's just the way Bama runs there offense. I also think they knew just how good he was. Bc they used him more in big games. And he delivered. I think if anything small production might have only helped him, bc it's made him a good blocker. Most touted TEs can only catch and need to work on blocking. Howard doesn't need this as much. Yes 6 is high for a TE, but not if you use them. I don't think he comes in right away and puts up 1,000ydd and 8tds. But I think that's the player he can be. Think of it as almost drafting a #1 WR who can block as well.

Thomas is also a guy I don't want. I see him as a tweener in a 3-4 defense. I don't think he's ever had to cover a day in his life. And to be honest he's not that speed edge presence we need off the edge. I can careless about his 40 and all. He didn't produce at a high level in college. I'm not saying he won't be a good pro, I just don't think he's the fit for our defense.

Barnett is a guy I actually don't hate as an option. I like the idea of him
More so than Thomas. Arguably has the best "dip" move I've ever seen, and that translates to the next level. He makes plays and was a high production guy in the best conference. Only reason he isn't ranked very high was bc of his 40. But like I said I can careless about an edge rushers 40. Barnett also has experience dropping back into coverage, which translates well to a defense we play.

I don't want any qb at 6 and would be upset if we took any of them.

Some other long shots are Ramcyzk or Bolles. I wouldn't hate these picks rally either I just think they are reach picks. We do need A young LT, but reaching for a guy isn't the way to do that. See who falls in the mid rounds to us and develop them.

Davis or Williams are also guys I wouldn't hate us taking. Main reason is I think we need difference makers on offense. But like OT I think they're both reached at 6. I do think they can both be Star WRs in this league, but I think 6 is high for either of them. They aren't can't miss type guys like Cooper was a couple years back.

Overall I think we need talent on offense. We can't keep addressing this in the mid rounds and expecting one to be a star. Stars are generally found in around 1. We haven't had stars that we've drafted on offense in so long bc we've spent 8 straight 1st Rounders on defense. It's time to change that. Make the focus be setting up the best situation for a qb. Giving him weapons does that.

So my big board is.

1. Garrett
2. Adams
3. Fournette
4. Howard
5. Barnett
6. Hooker
7. Davis
8. Cook
9. Williams
10. Ramcyzk
KingOfTheDot

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

2 QBs will go in the top 5 IMO. Garrett to Cleveland, Jacksonville takes Fournette.

Titans trade back imo for someone to jump us, Chicago or SF take a QB the other takes either Thomas or Adams
The bolded is bold

I think that one of Thomas or Adams will be there at 6 now; I think Chicago goes QB

49ers won't be pressured to take a QB
Bears have to, they have to
Bills/Browns/Cardinals will try to trade up to 5 to get one of the 2 or 3 the Bears don't choose

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. QB
4. Fournette
5. QB
6. Adams or trade back

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

The bolded is bold

Bills/Browns/Cardinals will try to trade up to 5 to get one of the 2 or 3 the Bears don't choose

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. QB
4. Fournette
5. QB
6. Adams or trade back
If we trade back with Adams on the board I'd be sick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:
Bianconero wrote:
KingOfTheDot wrote:

The bolded is bold

1. Garrett
2. Thomas
3. QB
4. Fournette
5. QB
6. Adams or trade back
If we trade back with Adams on the board I'd be sick

Me too man.

Quote:
@CRO31: @KellenWinslowJr you wish you were as good as your dad. Have you been to TARGET lately?

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many starting to hype Conley as the top CB in the draft. I honestly haven't done nearly as much studying this year as I have in past years, but it's pretty clear that Conley had the most responsibilities in the OSU secondary, whereas Hooker/Lattimore were allowed to play their spot and rely on sheer athleticism to win their battles. Will be interesting to see if Conley really is the better pro.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
Many starting to hype Conley as the top CB in the draft. I honestly haven't done nearly as much studying this year as I have in past years, but it's pretty clear that Conley had the most responsibilities in the OSU secondary, whereas Hooker/Lattimore were allowed to play their spot and rely on sheer athleticism to win their battles. Will be interesting to see if Conley really is the better pro.

I really hope he isn't our first pick. Jets take way too many corners with their first pick on only once has it worked out. This guy rose in like a week. I never trust those prospects.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

I really hope he isn't our first pick. Jets take way too many corners with their first pick on only once has it worked out. This guy rose in like a week. I never trust those prospects.

He's been considered CB2 by most since the combine. Even before than he was considered a Rd1 player.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:

He's been considered CB2 by most since the combine. Even before than he was considered a Rd1 player.
I feel like his stock may have rose when PFF put out it's report on him (as dumb as that may sound)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Trade down scenario Reply with quote

What is the following players are off the board at #6?

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Jonathan Allen
4. Leonard Fournette
5. Malik Hooker

There is a rumor the Browns want to jump the Bills to pick a QB whether it is Trubisky or Watson and are in discussions with the Jets to trade up to the #6 spot. If the deal is right and the Jets do trade down then the possible target players at #12 would target would be:

1. TE O.J. Howard - BPA - Game breaker at TE
2. LB Derek Barnett - Much needed Edge Rusher
3. CB Gareon Conley - Could be just as good as Lattimore
4. LB Reuben Foster - Replacement for David Harris
5. RB Dalvin Cook - Could be scheme fit for offense
6. RB Christian McCaffery - Another scheme fit for offense
7. TE David Njoku - Potential game breaking player at TE
8. WR John Ross - Adds speed to the WR group
9. WR Corey Davis - Another potention #1 pick
10. Jets don't like what they see and trade down even further for more picks.

GM Mike Maccagnan wants to trade down to accumulate more picks and will do everything possible to make it happen. I give it 70% chance the Jets trade down. My money is CB Gareon Conley being the Jets target at #12. I also expect the Jets to try to trade Sheldon Richardson and Matt Forte during the draft.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Where's Soloman Thomas ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Solomon Thomas

Top 3 on my board right now.

Quote:

NewAge wrote:
And yeah I like Butt.
Bianconero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheDot wrote:
1. Myles Garrett
2. Jamal Adams
3. Solomon Thomas

Top 3 on my board right now.
You smart You loyal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
^ Where's Soloman Thomas ?

I don't expect Soloman Thomas to be available at 12 for the Jets if they trade with Browns. Assume he went between 7 and 11 to a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 34 of 53

Jump to: