Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Draft Prospect 2.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: 2017 Draft Prospect 2.0 Reply with quote

Other thread reached 100

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still on the side of this high QB stuff is a smokescreen.

I still think we end up with Hooker or Howard.

One will completely change the offense the other the defense. Don't think we can go wrong either way.

I think the draft goes
1. Garrett
2. Turbisky
3. Allen
4. Fournette
5. Adams
6. Hooker/Howard

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's assume that we don't make any other significant moves in FA. What are our needs going into the draft?

I see needs at RB, TE, OT, CB, FS, ILB and OLB. (That's not in order I just started on offense).

We should get 4 quality players in the 1st 3 Rounds (possibly even more if we trade Sheldon or if we trade back). So we should be able to fill a few of these holes. I know Macc is a BPA guy but I think he will still draft talent in spots we have needs. This team I don't think will compete much this year but if we draft well we can have an exciting team to look forward too. The main goal of this year should be to see if Hack is the answer and get the most out of other young talents.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Let's assume that we don't make any other significant moves in FA. What are our needs going into the draft?

I see needs at RB, TE, OT, CB, FS, ILB and OLB. (That's not in order I just started on offense).

We should get 4 quality players in the 1st 3 Rounds (possibly even more if we trade Sheldon or if we trade back). So we should be able to fill a few of these holes. I know Macc is a BPA guy but I think he will still draft talent in spots we have needs. This team I don't think will compete much this year but if we draft well we can have an exciting team to look forward too. The main goal of this year should be to see if Hack is the answer and get the most out of other young talents.
For our sake, I hope we see if Hack is the answer. I just have a bad feeling that we're going to draft a QB early. I'd also put money on it that we're drafting a CB and an FS in our first four picks. I'm fairly confident that Kevin King is our #1 target in the 2nd round given that we met him like 3 or 4 times already.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its gonna come down to Trubisky vs Hooker @6, dont think Jamal will be there unfortunately and I think Macc will take Milliner into consideration when it comes to Marshon Lattimore

Props to CL on the

barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We sent our DB coach to NC state's pro day. We also brought in Josh Jones for a visit. 2nd round safety...Played FS last year, but coverage is weak, so should be an SS at the next level.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
I think its gonna come down to Trubisky vs Hooker @6, dont think Jamal will be there unfortunately and I think Macc will take Milliner into consideration when it comes to Marshon Lattimore

He wasn't our GM when we drafted Milliner. I just think Macc see's depth at CB and wont waste the 6th pick on a CB. At least that's what I hope.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

He wasn't our GM when we drafted Milliner. I just think Macc see's depth at CB and wont waste the 6th pick on a CB. At least that's what I hope.
I can prob find it, but someone reported that we were scared of Lattimore's injury history.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the philosophy holds true QB is not where we are going.

BPA and the safest picks at #6 are Hooker and Howard, these are also immediate contributors for us.

We have Forte and Powell at RB and it doesn't seem we are changing anything there so I doubt we go RB.

Hopefully, we trade down and get more pics but if #6 is it then I would think based on Mac's prior drafts and his philosophy we are going with the best available at the pick who we can use.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfan8178 wrote:
If the philosophy holds true QB is not where we are going.

BPA and the safest picks at #6 are Hooker and Howard, these are also immediate contributors for us.

We have Forte and Powell at RB and it doesn't seem we are changing anything there so I doubt we go RB.

Hopefully, we trade down and get more pics but if #6 is it then I would think based on Mac's prior drafts and his philosophy we are going with the best available at the pick who we can use.

Who's to say getting the #1 QB prospect at #6 isn't value to Macc? I have a good feeling this is what it will come down to.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

I know he wasn't our GM I'm just stating that he might take the previous regime's mistake into consideration.

Props to CL on the

Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The good news is that positions of need RB, TE, S, CB, LB all seem pretty deep overall where starting caliber players will be there in rounds 3-4 and maybe even 5 when it comes to RB's.

Whichever way we go at least there will be options at the other positions.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

I can prob find it, but someone reported that we were scared of Lattimore's injury history.

This is why I've moved Hooker down on my board as well. Injury issues and only a 1 year starter. A lot of risk involved with both. We aren't a team that can gamble at 6.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

This is why I've moved Hooker down on my board as well. Injury issues and only a 1 year starter. A lot of risk involved with both. We aren't a team that can gamble at 6.

Should probably move Fournette down then too. Injury history and a ton of carries in college.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Mr.O wrote:

Should probably move Fournette down then too. Injury history and a ton of carries in college.

I highly doubt we draft him but Fournette is still the guy I want at 6, but I've kinda moved on from it actually happening. To defend his injury issues, they have always been just small injuries that I believe he could play through in the NFL. I don't believe he ever had to have surgery to repair any injury in his time at LSU. Where Hooker has had 2 surgeries in the last 2 months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: