Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Cooper Kupp Scenario Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Tony Pauline regarding your "3rd round" prospect Howard Wilson today at Houston's pro day

Quote:
Now for the bizarre.

Redshirt sophomore Howard Wilson ran the forty in the high 4.5s (4.58s), similar to the time he ran at the combine.

Then thing got really strange.

Wilson refused to participate in position drills. When scouts asked if he was injured he told them no, it was recommended he not take part in drills. Scouts tried to coax him into drills by reminding him Myles Garrett, expected to be the first pick of the draft, was scheduled to work out on Thursday. Wilson would still not participate in drills.

Later on Wilson was throwing the ball to former Cougars signal caller Greg Ward Jr, who was warming up for receiver drills. According to eye witnesses someone ran down and yelled for Wilson to stop throwing the ball- which he did.

We rated Wilson as a free agent before all this took place and this only affirms our grade.
So what? Nothing stated there other than the 40 time (if you actually put all your stock in that) says anything about him as an NFL prospect. Possibly the most useless "scouting report" I've ever read, and sounds like... I don't even know why that anecdotal report was even put to text
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was mostly that teams likely dont view him as high as jrry does. Pauline is a pretty reliable insider.

Also, the report suggests that he rubbed some teams the wrong way.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Tony Pauline regarding your "3rd round" prospect Howard Wilson today at Houston's pro day

Quote:
Now for the bizarre.

Redshirt sophomore Howard Wilson ran the forty in the high 4.5s (4.58s), similar to the time he ran at the combine.

Then thing got really strange.

Wilson refused to participate in position drills. When scouts asked if he was injured he told them no, it was recommended he not take part in drills. Scouts tried to coax him into drills by reminding him Myles Garrett, expected to be the first pick of the draft, was scheduled to work out on Thursday. Wilson would still not participate in drills.

Later on Wilson was throwing the ball to former Cougars signal caller Greg Ward Jr, who was warming up for receiver drills. According to eye witnesses someone ran down and yelled for Wilson to stop throwing the ball- which he did.

We rated Wilson as a free agent before all this took place and this only affirms our grade.

I'll call BS on that. I don't care where Pauline rates a prospect. Regardless, I don't care where Wilson goes. I am comfortable taking him where I did.

As for him refusing to participate, I don't blame him after what happened to Sidney Jones and Fabian Moreau.

BStanRamFan wrote:
Wouldn't be thrilled with this. Not a Kupp fan. I like that you added a WR with some size and hands, but I don't see Kupp creating separation in the NFL on the outside.

I'm satisfied with a DE group of Donald, Brockers, Easely. I don't like the idea of taking a 4th DE with such an early pick when we have so few. Higher positions of need. Solid scheme fit though.

I do like the late round pick though (Kittle on). Just not a fan of the first 3.

Brockers is a NT in this scenario, and I don't trust Easley in a starting role. He's not a reliable player.

chris00cm wrote:
Not a fan of Kupp the prospect. Even if I was, he's a redundant asset on the offense in my opinion. Like Woods and Cooper, I see him having most success in the slot. I'd rather have Zamora honestly, whose value will skyrocket after his pro day.

I don't agree. We need at least three reliable WRs for McVay's offense. Kupp and Woods can both play any WR spot. If route running and hands were redundant assets in our offense, we wouldn't be desperately searching for WRs for years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally caught up watching Holsey. Well dont again jrry, the kid can play. I wonder if the Snead/Auburn connection will factor in with him on day 3.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Finally caught up watching Holsey. Well dont again jrry, the kid can play. I wonder if the Snead/Auburn connection will factor in with him on day 3.

I hope so. I really like the kid. I think he'd be a really nice fit in Wade's scheme. The entire skill-set is there, and he's been tested against some talented WRs. Reynolds is the only WR who got the best of him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I hope so. I really like the kid. I think he'd be a really nice fit in Wade's scheme. The entire skill-set is there, and he's been tested against some talented WRs. Reynolds is the only WR who got the best of him.

Thats my only thing, I think with Tru being the only CB on the roster with length, if (when) we take a corner in the draft I anticipate it being a bigger one who can play that Talib (now Trumaine) role as a squat corner.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Thats my only thing, I think with Tru being the only CB on the roster with length, if (when) we take a corner in the draft I anticipate it being a bigger one who can play that Talib (now Trumaine) role as a squat corner.

Why only take one? Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha not implying we should only take one, just saying I think its less likely to take more now with the Robey signing. I understand that one signing doesnt completely change draft plans, but it just might. Im still holding out for Sidney Jones at 69.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: