Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pops 1st and last mock of the year
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pops408

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Pops 1st and last mock of the year Reply with quote

Haven't posted on here in forever but I'm excited about this draft in particular. So here goes

1- S/LB/CB/RS/RB Jabrill Peppers - I get it, Burnett and HHCD are studs but he'd probably have a Deone Bucannon type role. I'd be happy replacing Hyde's snaps with Peppers'. Is that crazy?

2- OG Dorian Johnson - Played LG, but is a good run blocker and moves really well. Let him, Spriggs, and Murphy duke it out for RG. No... please... not Barclay.

3- RB D'Onta Foreman - Beast of a back that could spell Montgomery and wear defenses out.

4- CB Corn Elder - Need a CB in the 1st 4 for obvious reasons. Would give us a solid 5 guys there assuming the youngsters from last year step it up

5a- WR Jamari Staples - Don't know much about the guy except he's tall and fast. Montgomery is a RB and Janis might not make it this year.

5b- OLB Avery Moss - Major sleeper pick. Great passrush ability

6- ILB Hardy Nickerson Jr - Hardy SRs boy and solid producer. We need someone in there after Thomas

7- NT Josh Tupou - Will battle it out with Ringo and Price for backup duties

Final 53 man depth:
WR: Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Trevor Davis
RT: Bryan Bulaga, Kyle Murphy
RG: Dorian Johnson, Don Barclay
C: Corey Linsley
LG: Lane Johnson
LT: David Bakhtiari, Jason Spriggs
TE: Martellus Bennett, Lance Kendricks, Richard Rodgers, Beau Sandland
WR: Davante Adams, Geronimo Allison, Jamari Staples
QB: Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley, Joe Callahan
RB: Ty Montgomery, D'Onta Foreman, Christine Michael
FB: Aaron Ripkowski

DE: Dean Lowry, Letroy Guion
NT: Kenny Clark, Josh Tupou
DE: Mike Daniels, Ricky Jean-Francois
OLB: Nick Perry, Kyler Fackrell, Avery Moss
ILB: Jake Ryan, Joe Thomas
ILB: Blake Martinez, Hardy Nickerson Jr
OLB: Clay Matthews, Jayrone Elliot
CB: Damarious Randall, Davon House, Corn Elder
FS: Haha Clinton-Dix, Jabrill Peppers
SS: Morgan Burnett, Kentrell Brice
CB: Ladarius Gunter, Quinten Rollins, Herb Waters

K: Mason Crosby
P: Jacob Schum
LS: Taybor Pepper
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be surprised if Peppers is still there at #29.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dislike the mock. Not the effort, mind you, just the selection.

In a draft that is very deep in edge guys and corners, GB grabs none in the first three rounds.

Instead taking a guy who didn't get turnovers in college and who doesn't have a clear cut spot to play in the NFL.

Not a fan of a guard being taken in the first three picks. TT traded up for a lineman last year. Best 5 will play, which means that any rookie rides the pine. Where we have another draft pick from last year already on the roster.

Round 3, RB. Okay, I'm on board with that one.

Alright, now I'm coming around on the draft. Just not a fan of the first two picks.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
duxrule

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally Anti-Peppers. I get that he is a plug n play...he'll go where Dom wants him, but GB needs a playmaker that has a home. OLB or outside on the corner. He is neither of those, from what I've seen. He got a lot of press last season, but more hype than anything.

LOVE Freeman in the 3rd tho. Think that would be outstanding.
cooters22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I'll be surprised if Peppers is still there at #29.

Originally I would have too, but I hardly see him projected in the first round anymore. With so many good corners and safeties because he's not true at any position he's sliding. I do think the Packers are one of the few teams that he'd be a perfect fit for.
cooters22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:

In a draft that is very deep in edge guys and corners, GB grabs none in the first three rounds.

Instead taking a guy who didn't get turnovers in college and who doesn't have a clear cut spot to play in the NFL.

Not a fan of a guard being taken in the first three picks. TT traded up for a lineman last year. Best 5 will play, which means that any rookie rides the pine. Where we have another draft pick from last year already on the roster.

Alright, now I'm coming around on the draft. Just not a fan of the first two picks.

I agree without more corner help our defense will be inept again. We gotta take one in the first two rounds, and I'm hoping in the first.

I like taking a G that early in the draft because I'm hearing good things about Dorian Johnson, but not at the cost of not grabbing a corner in a draft that is loaded early and often and a excellent corner should still be available in the 2nd.

I've got talked into not being as high on Jabrill Peppers as I once was. I was told he just doesn't create enough turnovers and can't play corner. And he isn't as aggressive as Deone Buchanon nor as big so he'd get run over at playing OLBer.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

I agree without more corner help our defense will be inept again. We gotta take one in the first two rounds, and I'm hoping in the first.

I like taking a G that early in the draft because I'm hearing good things about Dorian Johnson, but not at the cost of not grabbing a corner in a draft that is loaded early and often and a excellent corner should still be available in the 2nd.

I've got talked into not being as high on Jabrill Peppers as I once was. I was told he just doesn't create enough turnovers and can't play corner. And he isn't as aggressive as Deone Buchanon nor as big so he'd get run over at playing OLBer.

If you're counting on possibly a second round rookie corner you prevent your defense from being inept you're probably in big trouble or you're not accurately assessing the defense.
RCobb18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we don't wait until the 5th round to draft an EDGE/OLB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd have the coolest named secondary in the league with Corn Elder and Herb Waters... Laughing
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Elder. Pretty sure there was a quote from an "NFL North" scout a couple weeks back saying how much he loves Elder but he was off his team's board because of his height. Also pretty sure the other GMs in the division have drafted CBs shorter so that's pretty much 100% saying Elder won't be a Packer.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

If you're counting on possibly a second round rookie corner you prevent your defense from being inept you're probably in big trouble or you're not accurately assessing the defense.

Casey Hayward did nicely for us as a second round corner a few years ago.

Don't discount what a good rookie corner can do for you. Especially in this draft.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Don't discount what a good rookie corner can do for you. Especially in this draft.

Well I didn't say it was impossible...c'mon. I just meant counting on that guy to save you from ineptitude is silly.

I was actually suggesting that we're not as inept without a top rookie corner as he was trying to pretend.
cooters22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

I agree. That's why I so badly wanted us to sign one of the top FA veteran corners. I didn't want us to be forced to draft a corner in the 1st round.
cooters22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Actually he barely played as a rookie. He was primarily a backup in Green Bay and he came into his own once he left for Jacksonville his first year.
vegas492

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
cooters22 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Actually he barely played as a rookie. He was primarily a backup in Green Bay and he came into his own once he left for Jacksonville his first year.

Casey Hayward barely played as a rookie? And he left for Jacksonville? Me thinks you are mistaking him for Davon House.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: