Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cadmus Mock v2.0 (AKA: An Excuse to Talk About Tim Patrick)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Nice work as always Cadmus, you've been treating us to some really high quality posts over the last couple weeks. thx

On the Bostic ILB side, not sure where you find the defensive snaps for him
Is he one of your nickle ILBs ? He does have a physical presence

Ryan, Martinez, J. Thomas, Burnett and Matthews all took snaps at ILB in 2016. Who would he displace and how long would it take for him to learn the defense well enough to run it ?

Thanks.

First thing I want to point out with Bostic is that he's still young (same age as Ryan and Thomas). He would provide an instant boost on special teams and he would only cost $500,000 more than Jordan Tripp should he make the roster. I wouldn't worry about snaps on defense at first, but I certainly feel he could work his way onto the field before the end of the season. He would clearly possess one of the highest ceilings of any ILB on the roster the moment he signs and there's almost zero downside.

Was that a satisfactory answer?

I for one have extreme prejudice against people named Bostic, Bostick, Bostik, Bowstick... or any variation of such, and do not want them playing for the Green Bay Packers.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

CentralFC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:
Nice work as always Cadmus, you've been treating us to some really high quality posts over the last couple weeks. thx

On the Bostic ILB side, not sure where you find the defensive snaps for him
Is he one of your nickle ILBs ? He does have a physical presence

Ryan, Martinez, J. Thomas, Burnett and Matthews all took snaps at ILB in 2016. Who would he displace and how long would it take for him to learn the defense well enough to run it ?

Thanks.

First thing I want to point out with Bostic is that he's still young (same age as Ryan and Thomas). He would provide an instant boost on special teams and he would only cost $500,000 more than Jordan Tripp should he make the roster. I wouldn't worry about snaps on defense at first, but I certainly feel he could work his way onto the field before the end of the season. He would clearly possess one of the highest ceilings of any ILB on the roster the moment he signs and there's almost zero downside.

I for one have extreme prejudice against people named Bostic, Bostick, Bostik, Bowstick... or any variation of such, and do not want them playing for the Green Bay Packers.

Agree with Dave.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:

satisfied ? I just lit a cigarette and I don't even smoke Smile

Here's an article about Bostic and it details his trip to NE and then Detroit as he looks to find a more permanent home.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/5/10/11648098/heres-why-the-patriots-gave-lb-jon-bostic-away-to-the-lions-pretty

He was a starter in Chi, lining up next to Briggs for the 2014 season. NE dumped him because he was # 5 on their depth chart. Not sure what the deal is for him in Detroit
Would he be interested in coming to GB and fighting for snaps, playing STs and trying to carve out a role on defense ? I have no clue on that

Let's look at it another way - when could he play on defense ?
Is he a nickel candidate ? What about dime ? I think GB is OK at ILB in base for the few times they actually play it

Burnett is taking some snaps at ILB in dime and so does Joe Thomas, can't see much of an opening there, but maybe there is. In Nickel, would he displace Martinez or Ryan ? That's the question he has to ask/answer before he agrees to become a Packer. I'm all for adding more talent, but I wonder how it looks to him and his agent as they consider the various opportunities. Other teams probably have more defensive snaps imminently available and I'd guess that would be more attractive to him.

You sold me on his value, but the real question is whether GB can sell him on the value of being a Packer. I'm assuming he has several options, but that may or may not be the case. He wouldn't be expensive and brings veteran experience to a group that is lacking it.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:

You sold me on his value, but the real question is whether GB can sell him on the value of being a Packer. I'm assuming he has several options, but that may or may not be the case. He wouldn't be expensive and brings veteran experience to a group that is lacking it.

I could certainly see Bostic wanting to sign with a 3-4 team in an attempt to rejuvenate his career. It's not like Green Bay will have to guarantee starter snaps to get the pen to paper, he just needs to be reassured there will be an open competition at ILB.

Also, the LB market remains rather saturated so I don't think Bostic will have as many opportunities as you may think.

Zach Brown (27)
Perry Riley (28]
Sio Moore (26)
Gerald Hodges (26)
DeAndre Levy (30)
Josh Bynes (27)
D'Qwell Jackson (33)
Akeem Dent (29)
Sean Weatherspoon (29)
Rey Maualuga (30)
Kelvin Sheppard (29)
Philip Wheeler (32)
Donald Butler (28]
Stephen Tulloch (32)

We're at the point where players have started to sign with teams that simply express (any) interest. Most players are just looking for a contract, not the ideal situation in terms of depth chart.

I mean Quick just signed a 1/855k contract with Washington to join a roster that already includes Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Reed and Davis. I'm not sure how Quick will be able to rehab his value if he never sees the field in 2017.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

Dielman: I am iffy on. Lot will depend on how the injury recovers, do you have any specifics on what it was.

I just found out that Dielman was DNP at the PD and that he suffered a Lisfranc injury last fall.

Quote:
Center J.J. Dielman (6-5, 306) did not participate in timing events or go through a workout. He's still recovering from a Lisfranc injury that cut short his final season at Utah.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: