Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cadmus Mock v2.0 (AKA: An Excuse to Talk About Tim Patrick)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I just realized I saw Rivers play live lol


And...?

What's the verdict on Rivers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BobSacamano


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 13853
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be beyond ecstatic if the draft fell that way for the Packers, but I don't think it will.

Watt kind of seems like an annoying player but I think he is going to be a stud and if the Packers are going to take a jump they need an impact player on defense badly. I'm starting to doubt he'll be there at 29 though.
_________________


KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gopackgo247


Joined: 20 Jan 2017
Posts: 160
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Perine highlights now. His 40 time is listed at 4.60. He looks much faster than that on the field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shanedorf


Joined: 18 Mar 2014
Posts: 1513
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work as always Cadmus, you've been treating us to some really high quality posts over the last couple weeks. thx

On the Bostic ILB side, not sure where you find the defensive snaps for him
Is he one of your nickle ILBs ? He does have a physical presence

Ryan, Martinez, J. Thomas, Burnett and Matthews all took snaps at ILB in 2016. Who would he displace and how long would it take for him to learn the defense well enough to run it ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4712
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopackgo247 wrote:
Watching the Perine highlights now. His 40 time is listed at 4.60. He looks much faster than that on the field.


Initial burst is good, his top end speed is not. I can see 4.6 as legit on a 40 yd. but his ability to get up to speed and run downhill is what is needed. Cadmus is right to look for a bigger back- TT has always favored having a bigger back and has said he favors having a bigger, "punishing" back in Titletown for when the weather turns colder. Being able to team one up a bigger back with what the Pack has in-house is optimal IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 6558
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt: Like the fit, not sure if he will be there at 29
Witherspoon: similar to Watt, like the player/fit, not sure he will be there at 61
Rivers: Like him as well. I think he makes it to 93
Perine: Nice addition to complement Monty
Dielman: I am iffy on. Lot will depend on how the injury recovers, do you have any specifics on what it was.
Hill: Really like this option. Just not sure about taking both Perine and Hill. Seems like overkill for GB given Monty already in house and under contract for 2 more years. Like Hill more than Perine for the slot taken
Patrick: I know very little other than what you have stated.
Hairston: Nice late round pick. A few others I would look at. Might look at another position as well, but in the 7th, lots of guessing as to who or what the pick is.

Would really be pleased if this played out. Just not sure if some of the early picks will be there…only 5 more weeks until we find out!!!
_________________
Salary Cap Fantasy Football League
2016 Salary Cap League Rosters
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fattlipp


Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 1187
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the draft and FA signings, would be very pleased if this came to fruition.

I really love Awuzie and was targeting him in the 2nd, but after his pro day he will likely be gone. Witherspoon has great size, but not sure he has the potential to be shut down CB, and he's too big to play so soft, converted soccer player scares me.

I like Perrine, but his ceiling is low, at best a Mark Ingram, but you take a swing for the fences later with Hill so I'm fine with it. I like Mack as well, not sure your thoughts on him.

Love the Bostic move, He has all the tools, maybe the next Zach Brown with a change of scenery...

You sold me on Patrick

Watt = destined to be a Packer pick, had him in my Mock as well.

Not sure we need another edge in the 3rd, but seems like a TT move..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 17893
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
I just realized I saw Rivers play live lol


And...?

What's the verdict on Rivers?


I had been drinking all day. It was homecoming.

But I liked what I saw on YouTube. I'll elaborate more next time I'm actually on a PC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dcerb44


Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Posts: 3483
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
Watching the Perine highlights now. His 40 time is listed at 4.60. He looks much faster than that on the field.


Initial burst is good, his top end speed is not. I can see 4.6 as legit on a 40 yd. but his ability to get up to speed and run downhill is what is needed. Cadmus is right to look for a bigger back- TT has always favored having a bigger back and has said he favors having a bigger, "punishing" back in Titletown for when the weather turns colder. Being able to team one up a bigger back with what the Pack has in-house is optimal IMO.


Do not like Perine at all. Poor acceleration out of the gate, and no ability to switch from low to high gear. Will struggle to hit the edges of the field at the next level due to his limited athletic ability. Most damning, he has incredibly stiff hips. I hate backs with stiff hips because that's something you can never learn. Seen countless games of his and have never come away impressed.
_________________


pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
jbeltmann


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 81
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:


I'll take anything you got guys. Criticism/Compliments... comments on players... questions about the FAs. Whatever.

That way I can improve on v3.0 the next time I get sick. Laughing


Uh...No Scott...lol but seriously nice work on the mock. Watt will be there imo. Good player with bloodline although nowhere near as physically imposing or gifted as jj. Really the only player I've seen regularly and could be a nice safe addition. Very deep draft for positional need for us and other teams always take overrated qbs and guards/centers stupidly in the first so value will likely work itself out. No time anymore to enlighten myself on prospects like I used to so your contributions here are much appreciated...your stock is rising #2 Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lieker


Joined: 13 Apr 2011
Posts: 152
Location: Hudson, WI
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcerb44 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
Watching the Perine highlights now. His 40 time is listed at 4.60. He looks much faster than that on the field.


Initial burst is good, his top end speed is not. I can see 4.6 as legit on a 40 yd. but his ability to get up to speed and run downhill is what is needed. Cadmus is right to look for a bigger back- TT has always favored having a bigger back and has said he favors having a bigger, "punishing" back in Titletown for when the weather turns colder. Being able to team one up a bigger back with what the Pack has in-house is optimal IMO.


Do not like Perine at all. Poor acceleration out of the gate, and no ability to switch from low to high gear. Will struggle to hit the edges of the field at the next level due to his limited athletic ability. Most damning, he has incredibly stiff hips. I hate backs with stiff hips because that's something you can never learn. Seen countless games of his and have never come away impressed.


If you haven't already I'd suggest going back and looking at Perine's 2014 and 2015 film. To me he looks much more athletic all around. From what I understand he played the 2016-17 season with a bum ankle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
gopackgo247 wrote:
Watching the Perine highlights now. His 40 time is listed at 4.60. He looks much faster than that on the field.


Initial burst is good, his top end speed is not. I can see 4.6 as legit on a 40 yd. but his ability to get up to speed and run downhill is what is needed. Cadmus is right to look for a bigger back- TT has always favored having a bigger back and has said he favors having a bigger, "punishing" back in Titletown for when the weather turns colder. Being able to team one up a bigger back with what the Pack has in-house is optimal IMO.


Perine ran a 4.65 at the NFL Combine and then ran a 4.60 at his Pro Day.

I typically don't put much stock in PD numbers, but 4.60 is where I had him pegged pre-Combine and that feels like the accurate depiction of his speed to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Watt: Like the fit, not sure if he will be there at 29
Witherspoon: similar to Watt, like the player/fit, not sure he will be there at 61
Rivers: Like him as well. I think he makes it to 93
Perine: Nice addition to complement Monty
Dielman: I am iffy on. Lot will depend on how the injury recovers, do you have any specifics on what it was.
Hill: Really like this option. Just not sure about taking both Perine and Hill. Seems like overkill for GB given Monty already in house and under contract for 2 more years. Like Hill more than Perine for the slot taken
Patrick: I know very little other than what you have stated.
Hairston: Nice late round pick. A few others I would look at. Might look at another position as well, but in the 7th, lots of guessing as to who or what the pick is.

Would really be pleased if this played out. Just not sure if some of the early picks will be there…only 5 more weeks until we find out!!!


Alright so if I had to put percentages on it...

(Will be: Won't be) Available at slot.

Watt: 65:35
Witherspoon: 50:50
Rivers: 85:15
Perine: 70:30
Dielman: 90:10
Hill: 75:25
Patrick: 95:5 (Honestly, who knows until we get closer to the Draft? Davis went in the 5th so he could probably go as early as that).
Hairston: 75:25
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 2337
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Nice work as always Cadmus, you've been treating us to some really high quality posts over the last couple weeks. thx

On the Bostic ILB side, not sure where you find the defensive snaps for him
Is he one of your nickle ILBs ? He does have a physical presence

Ryan, Martinez, J. Thomas, Burnett and Matthews all took snaps at ILB in 2016. Who would he displace and how long would it take for him to learn the defense well enough to run it ?


Thanks.

First thing I want to point out with Bostic is that he's still young (same age as Ryan and Thomas). He would provide an instant boost on special teams and he would only cost $500,000 more than Jordan Tripp should he make the roster. I wouldn't worry about snaps on defense at first, but I certainly feel he could work his way onto the field before the end of the season. He would clearly possess one of the highest ceilings of any ILB on the roster the moment he signs and there's almost zero downside.

Was that a satisfactory answer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cooters22


Joined: 20 Mar 2010
Posts: 352
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
TJ Watt is the type of player that I'm not at all excited about us drafting, but if we draft him I'll probably become super excited and have ridiculous expectations for.

I think the biggest reason for that, and I can't be the only one, is that there's this impression that there's no possible way he can hit anywhere close to the level JJ did.


I absolutely love this mock's first two picks and love the RB pick in the 4th. I have no idea about the third pick only because I've never heard of the guy. If we can't get Watt early I'd think that Vince Biegel would be a viable pick come third round. Love that kid as well, he's just had a few injuries and isn't quite as athletic or tall as Watt. But the kid has a huge heart. Somewhere in the thick of things we gotta get a starting Guard as well. I'm not sold on us taking a OLB with 2 of our first 3 picks but you never know. Great mock bud!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group