Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Position of Need Discussion: WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our WR room is embarrassing. It has to improve greatly and the group needs more then 1 early draft pick to improve the room.

I have a feeling that we make a trade for a WR that is on another team.

I have to believe that will all our cap space and need for the position that JR has a plan.

We have to improve this position group or we are wasting our stud running game and Young talented QB

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Godwin in the second round sounds like a great value get. I didnt give him much of a chance at first because I thought he brought the same thing as Rishard Matthews does, but he's got a little more speed and would really improve our receiving corps.

He doesn't give us the true #1 people want, but looking at half of the true #1s drafted in the first round lately, I'm not sure that means anything when it comes to Sunday.

#4 WR is this class, and unlike the three ahead of him, he doesn't come with a ton of questions.
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Switzer, UNC. Slot.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/02/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-north-carolina-wr-ryan-switzer/

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Chris Godwin in the second round sounds like a great value get. I didnt give him much of a chance at first because I thought he brought the same thing as Rishard Matthews does, but he's got a little more speed and would really improve our receiving corps.

He doesn't give us the true #1 people want, but looking at half of the true #1s drafted in the first round lately, I'm not sure that means anything when it comes to Sunday.

#4 WR is this class, and unlike the three ahead of him, he doesn't come with a ton of questions.

Applause

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:

Of course there are questions... receivers with his size/speed with no questions would be top of the class... not #4.

The biggest knock/question I've seen are his drops... 8% drop rate the past 2 seasons.... which is average... weird considering he's supposed to have great hands.

And eventhough he had a good timed speed, it doesn't show up on film too much... I hardly see him creating separation. He averaged a paltry 4.5 YAC (~300th in CFB)... so that 4.42 explosion just doesn't show up on film.

I've also seen a few websites question his concentration or desire... blaming that on his drops problem. I've seen others mention his route running as needing a lot of work too.

He's an intriguing prospect, no doubt... but he doesn't come without questions. I don't see any off-field issues that would count against him as a JRob/Mularkey guy... but his combine workout seems to be shooting his stock up... just doesn't seem like something JRob would be influenced by.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Godwin. I like his size and his blocking. However, he doesn't play fast at all.
And his drops are concerning. Reminds me of Jordan Matthews a lot. He made some great plays and had some great games.

Some impressive plays.

He looks tough. Appears to be smart. And seems to be dependable.

I can see the Titans picking him.

Would be cool with him in the 2nd but wouldn't be overly thrilled.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rage you didnt really list any major questions, more or less just described him. There are no major concerns about who he is now vs who he will be in the NFL. Injuries/off the field/level of competition/production/etc. questions.

He has decent speed, but is not a burner. That is not a question about him, so much as it is a statement about him.

I do not see a lack of desire on his cut ups at all.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Rage you didnt really list any major questions, more or less just described him. There are no major concerns about who he is now vs who he will be in the NFL. Injuries/off the field/level of competition/production/etc. questions.

He has decent speed, but is not a burner. That is not a question about him, so much as it is a statement about him.

I do not see a lack of desire on his cut ups at all.

So by questions you mean unknowns? Not weaknesses?

Then I guess I don't understand what questions someone like Williams has that Godwin doesn't...

I can see why there would be questions about Ross' knees... about Davis' lack of reps vs top competition. (ALthough they both counter their questions with higher ceilings and upside)

What questions are there about Williams? We know what he he offers... we saw him play against the best competition... had a freak injury, but that's not a concern going forward... we know he's physical, dominates with physicality, and is incredible at those 50/50 balls... we know he's not a burner (although if you compare game film of both, Williams appears noticeably faster/quicker than Godwin).

As far as Godwin, whether the drops are more of a weakness than a question, it's definitely worth discussing. If you want me to phrase it into a question, then I can ask... why does a WR who is considered to have good hands drop so many passes (8%, average in all of CFB). And on his speed... why does someone who possesses decent speed only average 4.5 yac (below average in all of CFB).

I stated he was an intriguing prospect... I like what he offers, he's physical, can block, and seems to have the potential to be an all around good WR... he actually offers a lot of Williams offers, and at a lower round price... let's call him a poor man's Mike Williams, 3 inches shorter, and a little less physical/dominating.

So I go back to your original comment about questions (in regards to the 3 above him), and repeat my statement above:

I guess I don't understand what questions someone like Williams has that Godwin doesn't...
TitanSS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct. I was not saying Godwin was without weakness.

I like Mike Williams, but his hand-timed pro-day 40 yard dash doesnt mean anything to someone who wasnt their timing it himself. That 4.58 could have been 4.65 at the Combine. That shouldn't matter too much as he never was a guy who won with speed, but the question with Williams would be if a guy who's under 6'4" with a poor vertical, who's game lived on going up and getting the ball in the air, will find the same success in the NFL if he is never able to seperate with that 4.6 speed.

We've seen him do it and we know he's good at doing it, but against NFL defenses who are incredibly adept at scheming to take away what you're good at, will he find a way to be successful? I think he will, but I would say that is a concern.

With limited speed and nothing special about his routes, does his game tranlate against an NFL defense? He is still a better prospect than Godwin.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we find a way to land Zay Jones. I think I'd be happy with any and every other pick.

I just think he is going to be really good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: