Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Position of Need Discussion: WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was all up Taylor Decker's butt if we stayed at #15. I feel like I kind of liked Treadwell during the season or just after it, but just never saw him as a top 20 player or a #1 WR. I typically change my mind a lot during draft season, but I remember liking Josh Doctson as my favorite WR in 2016. I dont think he did anything last year either.

In 2015, I was all for drafting Mariota for the last 2 months, but before that I was all for trading out of the pick. I change my mind a lot and this year I think I've changed it more than ever.
615finest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:
I'd really like Josh Reynolds or Malachi Dupre in 3rd or 4th round. Both attach the ball in the air and Dupre was held back by the QBs at LSU. I think both could end up being steals

Josh Reynolds seems to be an one trick pony to me. Deep Ball threat and appears rail thin.

Dupre.....Man I just don't know. I can't find much to love, but I don't hate anything either. He would the pure definition of "meh" pick, to me.

I kind of look at like this, Reynolds may be a one trick pony but the one trick he does nobody else on this roster offers that at this point in time.

I kind of want us to double up on receivers in the draft but I doubt it happens. If we grab one in the first I doubt we take another one till maybe the 5th or later unless it's best player absolve earlier.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I was all up Taylor Decker's butt if we stayed at #15. I feel like I kind of liked Treadwell during the season or just after it, but just never saw him as a top 20 player or a #1 WR. I typically change my mind a lot during draft season, but I remember liking Josh Doctson as my favorite WR in 2016. I dont think he did anything last year either.

In 2015, I was all for drafting Mariota for the last 2 months, but before that I was all for trading out of the pick. I change my mind a lot and this year I think I've changed it more than ever.

Last year I was all aboard the Ramsey train. #BringJalenHome. Then grab whoever at OT in the 2nd. In the end, I think it may have worked out. With the way we helped our OT's and Russ Grimm, it may have been good with any RT with picked with skills.

But needless to say, I think I have a certain comfort level with picking WRs. Smile
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
615finest wrote:
I'd really like Josh Reynolds or Malachi Dupre in 3rd or 4th round. Both attach the ball in the air and Dupre was held back by the QBs at LSU. I think both could end up being steals

Josh Reynolds seems to be an one trick pony to me. Deep Ball threat and appears rail thin.

Dupre.....Man I just don't know. I can't find much to love, but I don't hate anything either. He would the pure definition of "meh" pick, to me.

I kind of look at like this, Reynolds may be a one trick pony but the one trick he does nobody else on this roster offers that at this point in time.

I kind of want us to double up on receivers in the draft but I doubt it happens. If we grab one in the first I doubt we take another one till maybe the 5th or later unless it's best player absolve earlier.

Yeah, one trick pony worked well for Randy Moss. So I won't discount him from that. Just can't draft that person high. Depending on how we attack the position early, I wouldn't mind him. But I'm also trying to think like Robinson/Murlakey. Would they take a player if he only did one thing well.
Is he dependable and tough?
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched some more.. JuJu isn't even the best WR on his team. #1 is.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

(Tunsil and Billings were my other top guys from last year's draft... man, it's not looking good for me with at least 2 of those guys right now)

I wasn't that big on Billings. Tunsil I was very high on when we were sitting #1 overall. I think he actually played pretty well for the Dolphins at LG, but I would assume he would be better if they moved him back to OT.

You were one of the few people, alongside myself, on board with going OT #1 overall. You might be thinking of me loving Tunsil, instead of Treadwell. Everyone else wanted Ramsey.

I think everyone's first choice was trading back, but I didn't think any team was dumb enough.
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Third day deep threat special teams WR. Mack Hollins, UNC
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-north-carolina-wr-mack-hollins/

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Our WR depth chart right now is frightening.

1.) Rishard Matthews
2.) Tajae Sharpe
3.) Harry Douglas Laughing
4.) Tre McBride
5.) Eric Weems

I just can't believe that we're three weeks into free agency and somehow our receiving depth chart is significantly worse than last year. Crying or Very sad

Props to mike23md on the sig
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zay Jones, East Carolina

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-east-carolina-wr-zay-jones/

stallyns wrote:
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really starting to like Carlos Henderson. So elusive with the ball in his hands. Plays physical with the ball. Similar to Corey Davis, the level of competition comes into question (more so than Davis really). 4.46 40yd dash. Have only seen videos of him as kick returner, but with how he runs I feel like he could make a great punt returner.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/carlos-henderson/

Sig by Smack
Adopt-A-Titan: 1) Corey Davis
NFL: Titans // NBA: Cavaliers // NHL: Blue Jackets
Ockham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Godwin, Penn St
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/03/2017-nfl-draft-player-profiles-penn-state-wr-chris-godwin/

stallyns wrote:
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zay Jones and Mack Hollins really do like both of them. Zay is more ready than Mack, but I think both could be real contributors to a team. Mack could play special teams right away. I had us taking him in my first mock.

Really do like both of them.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't help but think of CJ2K and what he did for our offense when I think about Ross.

That type of speed is just game-breaking. I'm not saying he's a guy I really, really want -- I'm reading a lot from you all about injuries and I know he's a small guy -- but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily be angry if we drafted him.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only WR I want in the first is Davis. I think our FO will put production over the level of competition he played against. He still put up numbers vs Wisconsin, MSU, etc when he had the chance to play them. I wouldn't be upset with the other WRs in the 1st, but Davis is the only that I WANT.
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
I can't help but think of CJ2K and what he did for our offense when I think about Ross.

That type of speed is just game-breaking. I'm not saying he's a guy I really, really want -- I'm reading a lot from you all about injuries and I know he's a small guy -- but at the same time, I wouldn't necessarily be angry if we drafted him.

To add to your point and I don't have a dog in the (draft Ross fight) but didn't CJ have a knee injury at ECU? Also he was considered a smallish RB coming out. I think CJ did a heck of a job protecting himself being a RB at less than 200 lbs and protecting his knees up until recently in Arizona.

I am on the record for going offense with both first rounders, IF JRob can trade back from #5 and pick up a 2nd. Give me the top rated WR & TE on your board in the first JRob. Then go defense with the 2nd and the two 3rd rounders.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: