Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted but every thread I saw was outdated and wasn't specific.

Basically, if you could please list your top 4-5 needs and if you could, list the prospects in this draft class that you think would satisfy those needs.

Thanks guys!

@michaelsbodam (Twitter)
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1: Offensive Tackle
#2: Cornerback
#3: Defensive Tackle
#4: Guard

#1: Bolles. Perfect fit for Seattle. Athletic, fits the mold, no brainer if he's available.

#2: Budda Baker. Plays safety but gives a huge replacement for Kam Chancellor (when Seattle lets him walk because they will) and can line up in nickel play and sub in for an injured Earl Thomas if it re-occurs.

#3: Dalvin Tomlinson. PLEASE let this happen...

#3 (2): Trade up for Tomlinson.

#3 (3): Whoever...
brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks has needs all across the board. Every position sans QB and TE. Real question is: what are the needs the Seahawks should address through the draft?

IMO, DB. That's the richest position in the draft in terms of top tier talent and the Sehawks has faced trouble on key moments of the past 3 season because of the lack of quality DB depth.

Drop off in talent after the top two OT (Bolles and Ramczyk) is HUGE and I think they'll be long gone before the Seahawks pick in the first round, I don't think Robinson is a season 1 starter and I don't think Lamp can play OT as a pro. So I pass picking OL early.

I'd like to see the Seahawks go once for LB and once for a pass rusher in the first three rounds. My biggest man crush in this draft is TJ Watt, he'd be ideal for this team as the SAM/EDGE hybrid that Bruce Irvin was for us, while also providing depth for Wright and Wagner. Except he's a much better player than Irvin was coming as a pro. Just as much as a warrior, playmaker and athlete without the drama, IQ and age concerns. A shade slower than Irvin in straight line speed, blows him out of the water in explosion and agility. And I definitely don't wanna see him as a Patriot, Packer or Cowboy. This dude would be a top 10 pick next year if he came back to school.

My shortlist for first pick in this draft: CB Kevin King, DB Obi Melifonwu, DB Adoree Jackson, DB Budda Baker, LB Jarrad Davis, LB Haason Reddick and LB/EDGE TJ Watt.
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Seahawks has needs all across the board. Every position sans QB and TE. Real question is: what are the needs the Seahawks should address through the draft?

IMO, DB. That's the richest position in the draft in terms of top tier talent and the Sehawks has faced trouble on key moments of the past 3 season because of the lack of quality DB depth.

Drop off in talent after the top two OT (Bolles and Ramczyk) is HUGE and I think they'll be long gone before the Seahawks pick in the first round, I don't think Robinson is a season 1 starter and I don't think Lamp can play OT as a pro. So I pass picking OL early.

I'd like to see the Seahawks go once for LB and once for a pass rusher in the first three rounds. My biggest man crush in this draft is TJ Watt, he'd be ideal for this team as the SAM/EDGE hybrid that Bruce Irvin was for us, while also providing depth for Wright and Wagner. Except he's a much better player than Irvin was coming as a pro. Just as much as a warrior, playmaker and athlete without the drama, IQ and age concerns. A shade slower than Irvin in straight line speed, blows him out of the water in explosion and agility. And I definitely don't wanna see him as a Patriot, Packer or Cowboy. This dude would be a top 10 pick next year if he came back to school.

My shortlist for first pick in this draft: CB Kevin King, DB Obi Melifonwu, DB Adoree Jackson, DB Budda Baker, LB Jarrad Davis, LB Haason Reddick and LB/EDGE TJ Watt.

No early draft need or BPA at QB, RB, TE, WR. OT class sucks. We will look for Fant development and Joekel depth. Glow and Ifedi growth. We signed a few LBs in FA. Absolutely no no no draft need for LB.

We have 5 picks in first 3 RDS. I'm going 4 defensive players and 1 offensive. 2 players for the secondary. 1 pass rusher and a DT that has some pass rush ability. The 1 offensive player is an OL. with the depth in this DB class, I may go 2 corners and 1 safety with 1 pass rusher as the 4. Shead and Lane are guys. Sherman aging and cap?

Going OT is a huge reach. Bowles was a man playing vs kids. Similar to that LT/G the Eagles drafted in Rd1 a few yrs ago from Baylor. Can't remember his name. Stay away from reaches.

Second disagreement. Linebacker. Reddick is a late 1st rd stud but not necessary. A BPA grade for Reddick will likely compare to Kings grade. Go DB. LB is one of the few positions where you go straight from college into the pros and can have an instant impact. Could get aLB in 2018. We just signed 3 lbs.

The pass rush front 7 could be a SAM with pass rush capabilities or forget it. Pass rush is always a need and focus of JS.

I agree with your choice of Watt.

I agree with your DB ballers.

4 D players w our top 5 selections as it's a nice back 4 draft.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1) CB2 - Guys with length and who are adept at zone
Tre-Davious White (NCB option as well)
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Marlon Humphrey

#2) OT
Ryan Ramyzck and Garret Bolles are really the only first round considerations imo

#3) NCB/FS - NCBs who can slide back to FS if needed. Jackson is not the best fit at FS
Budda Baker
Adoree’ Jackson
Chidobe Awuzie
Fabian Moreau
Howard Wilson

I like Budda, Awuzie, and Moreau the most in that order.

#4) Pass rush (could be a SAM or another DE. Even interior DL)
Watt or Reddick if the slide, but neither will be there. I like Biegel in the 4th or Keion Adams

Lesser needs
DT
WR
IOL
Backup QB

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Bowles was a man playing vs kids. Similar to that LT/G the Eagles drafted in Rd1 a few yrs ago from Baylor. Can't remember his name. Stay away from reaches.
Bolles is a great athlete who loves football and plays with a nasty streak. Danny Watkins was just a big dude who admitted he never wanted to be in the NFL and always just wanted to be a fireman. Only thing they have in common is age

#1 ET Supporter
Crickett

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Marlon Humphrey

#2) OT
Ryan Ramyzck and Garret Bolles are really the only first round considerations imo

#3) NCB/FS - NCBs who can slide back to FS if needed. Jackson is not the best fit at FS
Budda Baker
Adoree’ Jackson
Chidobe Awuzie
Fabian Moreau
Howard Wilson

Watt or Reddick if the slide, but neither will be there. I like Biegel in the 4th or Keion Adams

Lesser needs
DT
WR
IOL
Backup QB

Do you think Teez Tabor would be a good fir for the Seahawks? Asking for a friend's fourth mock draft.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Bowles was a man playing vs kids. Similar to that LT/G the Eagles drafted in Rd1 a few yrs ago from Baylor. Can't remember his name. Stay away from reaches.
Bolles is a great athlete who loves football and plays with a nasty streak. Danny Watkins was just a big dude who admitted he never wanted to be in the NFL and always just wanted to be a fireman. Only thing they have in common is age

That's the guy. Danny Watkins. I'm not a fan of guys that are 25 years old (bday in May) and played just 1 year of real NCAA football. (Bolles) That has way tooo much risk and bust potential to take when a very good DB would be sitting there (assuming Bolles is there.) We all know that at least 50% of 1st rdrs will be NFL busts or poor contributors. Bolles fits right into that classification but what the F do I know? Just a bit....
Zman724

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Marlon Humphrey

#2) OT

Budda Baker
Adoree’ Jackson
Chidobe Awuzie
Fabian Moreau
Howard Wilson

Lesser needs
DT
WR
IOL
Backup QB

Do you think Teez Tabor would be a good fir for the Seahawks? Asking for a friend's fourth mock draft.

I wouldn't touch Teez. He's just that, a tease. He's a productive player with good ball skills, so PC/JS would like that. However, he just ran a 4.77 40 yd dash at his pro day. That is garbage. I don't know what his 3 cone and shuttle are to determine his hips. That is just another risk.

When Eddie Lacy at 267 pounds can beat Teez in the 40, I say NO way.

With that 40 time, Teez should go to a Tampa 2 style defense where he could mask his lack of top end speed. He's not for the Hawks.

Pass
brseahawks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolles is imho great.

He played some really sophisticated blocking scheme in Utah like a true mauler, and is explosive as [inappropriate/removed]. He just went and dominated. Nasty, nasty run blocker, pissed off for domination, great mentality.

I'd pick this dude in top 12.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

That's the guy. Danny Watkins. I'm not a fan of guys that are 25 years old (bday in May) and played just 1 year of real NCAA football. (Bolles) That has way tooo much risk and bust potential to take when a very good DB would be sitting there (assuming Bolles is there.) We all know that at least 50% of 1st rdrs will be NFL busts or poor contributors. Bolles fits right into that classification but what the F do I know? Just a bit....
Perfectly fair and reasonable concerns. What isn't is saying he'll be just like Watkins because of that Laughing

If this is a class loaded up with DB talent, and it is, the smart argument would be that if you need a tackle and a CB, you take the Tackle in round 1 all things being equal.

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Kevin King
Gareon Conley
Marlon Humphrey

#2) OT

Budda Baker
Adoree’ Jackson
Chidobe Awuzie
Fabian Moreau
Howard Wilson

Lesser needs
DT
WR
IOL
Backup QB

He's pretty limited physically. It would be nice to say he compares to Joe Haden physically when he came out, but Haden managed a 4.4 something at his pro day. I don't know how the hell you add .17 seconds onto your 40 at your proday Laughing

His teammate Quincy Wilson maybe, but I just don't see Seattle being willing to compromise on physical skills until late in the draft for a guy like Tabor

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
Bolles is imho great.

He played some really sophisticated blocking scheme in Utah like a true mauler, and is explosive as [inappropriate/removed]. He just went and dominated. Nasty, nasty run blocker, pissed off for domination, great mentality.

I'd pick this dude in top 12.
Yeah, big reasons why I like him as well. He looks good in pass pro too. Can over-extend over his toes in the run game sometimes but no one is perfect coming out of college

I'd rather have 10 years of Bolles than 13 years of Robinson

#1 ET Supporter
Zman724

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Zman724 wrote:

Perfectly fair and reasonable concerns. What isn't is saying he'll be just like Watkins because of that Laughing

If this is a class loaded up with DB talent, and it is, the smart argument would be that if you need a tackle and a CB, you take the Tackle in round 1 all things being equal.

I agree with your logic here. With Denver needing an OT bad, 99% they draft one, neither Bolles or Ramcyk will be there at 26.

I'd like the Hawks to get 2 DB's in our first 3 selections. Whether it's King, Jackson, Witherspoon, Tankersly or Melifonwu, I'd be ecstatic. There's the CB from UCLA that tore a pec muscle, I believe, that could be a 3rd rd selection.

We've had trouble with Ryan, Rodgers and a SB matchup with Brady would make it imperative that we grab 2 quality DB's to play for the next 8 years.

TJ Watt would be an interesting prospect and on the radar, too.

I have no problem with Bolles or Ramzcyk. I do have a big problem with Robinson. Smells like Carpenter and goes beyond both playing at Bama.

Yes, we have no 4th or 5th and I'm typically a drop down in the draft guy, but I wouldn't be opposed to using our 3rd - 3rd rd selection if it meant we could move up and secure a DB fit.

We had 20 selections in the '14 & '15 drafts with minimal to show for it. Pounce in '17 on 2 - 3 db's which can run with GB & the Falcons' targets.
brseahawks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much consensus the quality of this draft falls of a cliff after the 3rd round. Not like 2016 at all, where you could find quality/high upside prospects well in the 5th or 6th round.

I wouldn't mind at all moving two of our third round picks to move up hard with our top two picks to secure both King and Melifonwu.

King reminds me so much of a Seattle corner like Sherman or Maxwell, this guy would thrive here. He is a better prospect than Eli Apple was last year, with a much less raw tape and a much better athletic profile, unreal combination of quickness, deep speed, wingspam.

Melifonwu is such an unique combination of the quickness, size, lenght, speed, explosion... I'd draft this guy to play with 3 safeties as base. Earl single high, Kam on the strong side, and him playing the big nickel/weak side.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: