You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft Needs
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1574
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Draft Needs Reply with quote

Sorry if this has been posted (I haven't seen a draft thread on this team forum even Shocked )

I'm looking for your top 3-4 needs and, if you could -- the prospects in the draft you think would fit or cover those needs best.

Thanks guys!
_________________
Bears :: White Sox :: Blackhawks :: Bulls

@michaelsbodam (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OT - no one in this draft lol
LB - Hassan Reddick, Zach Cunningham, Jarrad Davis, duke Riley
3 Tech DT -
RB - McCaffrey, Marlon Mack, Mixon*, Alvin Kamara
TE - Howard, Njoku, Everette
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donta Foreman ran a 4.41 ,4.45 . That's special at his size and style
_________________
My personal NYG offseason wishlist: 2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2602
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Donta Foreman ran a 4.41 ,4.45 . That's special at his size and style


love foreman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 17498
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Donta Foreman ran a 4.41 ,4.45 . That's special at his size and style


love foreman

From the highlights I saw, there was a lot of breakaway yardage. We're not looking for a 240 pound speed back. We need a guy to get tough yards between the tackles first and foremost. I honestly don't know enough about him - is he a tough runner?
_________________


scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Said this on today's BBKL: #Giants moves indicate they are all-in this year, so don't be shocked if they trade up in first or second round
quote from Paul Dottino.

If this were to go down rd1 it'd have to be for Fournette or Trubisky/Watson. We were at Both pro days and more so the UNC one is skeptical because Trubisky is all they have to offer.
Watson is still my personal #1 want
_________________
My personal NYG offseason wishlist: 2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 485
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Said this on today's BBKL: #Giants moves indicate they are all-in this year, so don't be shocked if they trade up in first or second round
quote from Paul Dottino.

If this were to go down rd1 it'd have to be for Fournette or Trubisky/Watson. We were at Both pro days and more so the UNC one is skeptical because Trubisky is all they have to offer.
Watson is still my personal #1 want


Sorry but how does trading up for Trubisky/Watson give us any better chance at winning a superbowl this year? I don't see any situation where trading up makes us more of a contender this year. Maybe TE or RB like you suggest with Fournette. I'd love to hear Mr. Dottino's explanation on how trading up is going to win them a superbowl.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Said this on today's BBKL: #Giants moves indicate they are all-in this year, so don't be shocked if they trade up in first or second round
quote from Paul Dottino.

If this were to go down rd1 it'd have to be for Fournette or Trubisky/Watson. We were at Both pro days and more so the UNC one is skeptical because Trubisky is all they have to offer.
Watson is still my personal #1 want


Sorry but how does trading up for Trubisky/Watson give us any better chance at winning a superbowl this year? I don't see any situation where trading up makes us more of a contender this year. Maybe TE or RB like you suggest with Fournette. I'd love to hear Mr. Dottino's explanation on how trading up is going to win them a superbowl.


I agree to an extent - because we will be getting less players in a deep draft with potential starters even on day 3, buuuut getting a better talent could help us more than multiple players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14596
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Said this on today's BBKL: #Giants moves indicate they are all-in this year, so don't be shocked if they trade up in first or second round
quote from Paul Dottino.

If this were to go down rd1 it'd have to be for Fournette or Trubisky/Watson. We were at Both pro days and more so the UNC one is skeptical because Trubisky is all they have to offer.
Watson is still my personal #1 want


If we are all in for this year, we aren't trading up for a QB, especially not in this draft.

Dalvin Cook though...
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
http://giantswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/30/new-york-giants-attended-deshone-kizer-pro-day/


Giants scouting Kizer
_________________
My personal NYG offseason wishlist: 2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GMENNATION


Joined: 09 Feb 2012
Posts: 485
Location: Greater New York Area
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
Said this on today's BBKL: #Giants moves indicate they are all-in this year, so don't be shocked if they trade up in first or second round
quote from Paul Dottino.

If this were to go down rd1 it'd have to be for Fournette or Trubisky/Watson. We were at Both pro days and more so the UNC one is skeptical because Trubisky is all they have to offer.
Watson is still my personal #1 want


Sorry but how does trading up for Trubisky/Watson give us any better chance at winning a superbowl this year? I don't see any situation where trading up makes us more of a contender this year. Maybe TE or RB like you suggest with Fournette. I'd love to hear Mr. Dottino's explanation on how trading up is going to win them a superbowl.


I agree to an extent - because we will be getting less players in a deep draft with potential starters even on day 3, buuuut getting a better talent could help us more than multiple players.


I hear what you're saying. My biggest concern is that we lack serious depth so we need as many quality players as we can get. If we have an injury to any of the following positions, we're in deep trouble: QB, TE, LT, RT, RE, RDT, LDT, LE, OLB.

I believe getting quality depth will bringing us closer to a superbowl run than picking up one more piece.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Giants OC Mike Sullivan attended Notre Dame's Pro Day to watch QB DeShone Kizer.

_________________
My personal NYG offseason wishlist: 2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kodaraw


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 1502
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were at Mahomes pro day, too. Interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 711
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give me Kizer or Watson instead if we are going QB


Kodaraw wrote:
We were at Mahomes pro day, too. Interesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2631
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to ESPN's Jordan Raanan, Alabama TE O.J. Howard is "clearly at the top" of the Giants' draft board.
Howard's stock is rising rapidly and it's hard to envision him still being around when the Giants pick at 23rd overall. Raanan believes the Giants are also high on Stanford RB Christian McCaffrey, who might be more realistic at 23. For the Giants, Howard would be a massive upgrade on Will Tye, who earned PFF's worst grade out of 65 qualifiers at tight end last season.

_________________
My personal NYG offseason wishlist: 2017 NYfG's off-season checklist:
New Offensive Coordinator [ ]
Veteran WR to mentor WR core[ ]
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group