Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK with options round by round (RD 3 page 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm drafting I'm taking Williams in the first. I'm crushing hard on that kids first step. GB doesn't often get a chance to grab a player with that much game wrecking potential, so I'd take the risk. It is a boom or bust pick, though, not safe at all. I'd roll the dice on that one. But, that's just me.

And if I couldn't grab Williams, then I'd take King at CB.

I'm really hoping that in the real draft, GB can trade down and grab King AND Williams. If that happens, me and Jack Daniels will be doing a little dance in May.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Donzo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

Thanks for your comments.

Care to share what your picks would be for the other rounds.

OK... I don't really like the 3rd round choices, so I'd trade down there. That's not part of the rules for this mock, so I'd go:

1 Lamp OG
2 Willis OLB
3 Jones WR (best value)
4 Foreman RB
5 Cutrer CB
5 Griffin CB
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
Donzo wrote:
Not a fan of this draft... Don't like slow OLBs & CBs with 1st & 2nd round picks.

So define slow - is 4.53 40 slow? Is 4.67 slow for an OLB? I've read slow in some posts and I really don't know how a 4.48 guy is so much better than a 4.53 guy. I personally think it's nonsense.

CBs with 4.5+ 40s isn't ideal, especially without other top physical tools.

For Wilson, I haven't seen him under 4.8 and none of his other numbers show explosion either.

If you think being faster in the NFL is nonsense, well- I'm not going to waste my time debating that.

My point is 4.53 = Marcus Peters
My point is 4.67 = Clay Mathews

It's nonsense.
CWood21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
If I'm drafting I'm taking Williams in the first. I'm crushing hard on that kids first step. GB doesn't often get a chance to grab a player with that much game wrecking potential, so I'd take the risk. It is a boom or bust pick, though, not safe at all. I'd roll the dice on that one. But, that's just me.

Tim Williams? If his character issues are even half as bad as I've heard, I want nothing to do with him.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 7

Insert your favorite 7th round/UDFA flyer here. Here are a few of mine as options.

Darrell Daniels TE
Brendan Langley CB
Montae Nicholson S
Chase Roullier OC
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Tim Williams? If his character issues are even half as bad as I've heard, I want nothing to do with him.

Yes. Tim Williams.

They can't all be choir boys.

I'm freely admitting that I love the first step. Not a fan of the character. If it were me drafting, and clearly it is not, Williams has the type of quickness and first step that GB almost never sees in the draft because of where they pick. I see a kid, that if right in the head, would be a top 10 pass rusher in the league. And if not right in the head? Suspended almost half the time he plays.

I'd take the risk, I'd like it more with a second round pick, or a trade down scenario, but I love that first step.

I very much see the other side on him and the risk. And I cannot argue against it, but that's how much I dig that athlete.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:

I'm not asking for choir boys, but if even half the stuff that has been leaked is remotely true he's probably so far off the Packers board it isn't even funny.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

I'm not asking for choir boys, but if even half the stuff that has been leaked is remotely true he's probably so far off the Packers board it isn't even funny.

Well...they did have Mixon in for a visit. Guion is still on the roster. Johnny Jolly got a second chance.

But I very much get what you are saying.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Well...they did have Mixon in for a visit. Guion is still on the roster. Johnny Jolly got a second chance.

The stuff about Michael before the draft was awful. We had him in then then claimed and signed him again.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

The stuff about Michael before the draft was awful. We had him in then then claimed and signed him again.

Good catch, Norm.
Not that it changes anything about who Tim Williams is as a person, but it does show that the organization can overlook certain things.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Good catch, Norm.
Not that it changes anything about who Tim Williams is as a person, but it does show that the organization can overlook certain things.

Michael's coaches were basically calling him a criminal lol.

I heard a scout say if you have him in the building wallets go missing and one day his jersey will have 8 digits.

But if he real had Gregory level drug problems that's obviously a big deal.

I'm not as convinced we're as conservative as I once thought. Jared Cook was a turd IMO. Peppers had all those motivation concerns

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: