You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK with options round by round (RD 3 page 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
squire12 wrote:
We don't or we have not had the players to warrant that as an option?

I agree with the not having enough pass rushers....that is why in this mock, I said I would take the OLB (Harris) in the first over the TE. I made a mention that pairing a TE like Njoku or Engram would be an interesting option. Feel free to read the whole thread to get up to speed.

What exactly has McCarthy done that would indicate that he's going to change schemes, formations, or playcalling? Early in the season, our offense was struggling and most of us were asking for him to adapt and run more combo routes and rub routes to create separation for the receivers. He didn't do that, and eventually our offense got on track. Would I love to see more 2 TE looks? Absolutely, but as someone pointed out we're near the bottom of 2 TE looks. And I don't believe that's going to change with McCarthy.

Mac has never had the opportunity to run a 2 TE look and do it with confidence. Comparing this year's personnel to past rosters is a useless exercise. Our best duo was Cook and Rodgers, and Cook was out most of the season and Rodgers has severe limitations.

I think the biggest benefit is getting opposing defenses in sub packages, and then running with Bennett/Kendricks on the field. Bill B. and New England made a concerted effort to get bigger and counter the surge of sub package defenses. I think this is a step in a similar direction.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Do you think that Fackrell and Elliott can take some of those snaps?
I'm all for taking an EDGE early. But I"m also kind of excited to see what the young kids can do, Elliott in particular.

I'm still hopeful about Fackrell, but I'm not sure there's much that gets me excited about Elliott. Seems like a ST player.

I look at the body types of the guys who left- Peppers and Jones were both bigger DE/OLB types who could play outside and then kick inside on passing downs.

Fackrell and Elliot seem more like the traditional OLB types.
Does GB want to replace the "bigger" guys with similar sized defenders ?
Dubz41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the provided pools to choose from.

1- CB King
If we're going to draft a CB it has to be 1st round. The CBs left after that will just be backups. 1st round gives us a contributor.

2- OLB Bowser Quick twitch demon off the edge. Will learn a lot from CMIII

3- DT J. Johnson 5 tech that can swing inside for pressure formations.

4- RB D Foreman a big RB to rotate with Monty. Speed to threaten the big play.
vegas492

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Do you think that Fackrell and Elliott can take some of those snaps?
I'm all for taking an EDGE early. But I"m also kind of excited to see what the young kids can do, Elliott in particular.

I'm still hopeful about Fackrell, but I'm not sure there's much that gets me excited about Elliott. Seems like a ST player.

I look at the body types of the guys who left- Peppers and Jones were both bigger DE/OLB types who could play outside and then kick inside on passing downs.

Fackrell and Elliot seem more like the traditional OLB types.
Does GB want to replace the "bigger" guys with similar sized defenders ?

I think that they want at least one type of that bigger style. Call it the elephant end, or the Peppers/Jones body type.

I think that Peppers was the ideal kind of guy. Athletic enough to play OLB, skilled and strong enough to flip inside. Jones wasn't athletic enough to really be a true OLB, and he lacked the toughness to be very effective inside.

If they don't get that body type in the draft, it wouldn't surprise me if they looked at Mario Williams. Only as a low cost one year contract kind of guy. Just to fill that kind of role.

Willis certainly intrigues me, as does KPass.

As far as Fackrell and Elliott go.... I think Elliott offers more twitch off of the edge. I'd like to see what he can do with more snaps as a situational pass rusher.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams is toast, too. Sort of the same situation as Revis is in. No motivation aside from $, downhill side of his career, and a bad attitude.

Elliot is too one-dimensional with his pass rush moves. How he hasn't developed a series of countermoves by now is beyond me. A great glue guy, though, but not an every down contributor. Fackrell could be a plus pass rusher but I question whether he holds up in the run game. Another rotational piece.

Peppers is definitely an anomaly. You have a guy who played 10+ years at UNC, Carolina and Chicago with his hand in the dirt and inhuman athleticism/size. Kicking him inside on passing downs was inevitable.

Jones' move was borne from different circumstances.

I do think we need to find another body like that, but it's not as easy as it seems.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
vegas492

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Mario Williams is toast, too. Sort of the same situation as Revis is in. No motivation aside from $, downhill side of his career, and a bad attitude.

Elliot is too one-dimensional with his pass rush moves. How he hasn't developed a series of countermoves by now is beyond me. A great glue guy, though, but not an every down contributor. Fackrell could be a plus pass rusher but I question whether he holds up in the run game. Another rotational piece.

Peppers is definitely an anomaly. You have a guy who played 10+ years at UNC, Carolina and Chicago with his hand in the dirt and inhuman athleticism/size. Kicking him inside on passing downs was inevitable.

Jones' move was borne from different circumstances.

I do think we need to find another body like that, but it's not as easy as it seems.

I very much agree, on all fronts.
I only put Mario's name out there because of his body type and (at one time) athletic ability. I too think he is toast, but you could do worse than bringing him to camp on a minimum deal to see if he has anything left.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
squire12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pick 2 players total from the groups below.

Round 5a
Artavis Scott WR
Travis Rudolph WR
Josh Malone WR
Jamaal Williams RB
Jonnu Smith TE
Sam Tevi OT
Jermaine Eluemunor OG
Josh Carraway OLB
Elijah Lee ILB
Jeremy Cutrer CB
Shaquill Griffin CB

Round 5 b
Amba Etta-Tawo WR
Jamaal Williams RB
Jonnu Smith TE
Sam Tevi OT
Shaquill Griffin CB
Marques White CB
Delano Hill S
Ben Gedeon LB
Keionta Davis DE

I went with Josh Malone WR and Shaquill Griffin CB.
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
pick 2 players total from the groups below.

Round 5a
Artavis Scott WR
Travis Rudolph WR
Josh Malone WR
Jamaal Williams RB
Jonnu Smith TE
Sam Tevi OT
Jermaine Eluemunor OG
Josh Carraway OLB
Elijah Lee ILB
Jeremy Cutrer CB
Shaquill Griffin CB

Round 5 b
Amba Etta-Tawo WR
Jamaal Williams RB
Jonnu Smith TE
Sam Tevi OT
Shaquill Griffin CB
Marques White CB
Delano Hill S
Ben Gedeon LB
Keionta Davis DE

I went with Josh Malone WR and Shaquill Griffin CB.

Those were exactly who I would have taken as well. Both are plus athletes.
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 6
Robert Davis WR
Deveon Smith RB
Levon Myers OT
Aviante Collins OG
Corey Levin OG
Dylan Donahue OLB
DJ Jones DL
Marquel Lee LB
Josh Harvey-Clemons S
Darrell Daniels TE

Went with an EDGE rusher. Could make a case for a few of the OL.

Previous picks
1. Harris OLB
2. Wilson CB
3. Siragusa OL
4. Freeman RB
5. Malone WR and Griffin CB
Donzo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan of this draft... Don't like slow OLBs & CBs with 1st & 2nd round picks.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
Not a fan of this draft... Don't like slow OLBs & CBs with 1st & 2nd round picks.

So define slow - is 4.53 40 slow? Is 4.67 slow for an OLB? I've read slow in some posts and I really don't know how a 4.48 guy is so much better than a 4.53 guy. I personally think it's nonsense.
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:

Of the players that were available for each round, who would you have selected.

If you have other players that match what you want, them state that.

I will help you out with the group of players

Round 1
Taco Charlton DE
Charles Harris OLB
Tak McKinley OLB
Tim Williams OLB
Tre’davious White CB
Teez Tabor CB
Chidobe Awuzie CB
Kevin King CB
Obi Melifonwu S
Garrett Bolles OT
Forrest Lamp OG
David Njoku TE
Evan Engram TE

Once you select one from that group, I will repost the group for round 2...or you can look at that group yourself.
Donzo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
Donzo wrote:

So define slow - is 4.53 40 slow? Is 4.67 slow for an OLB? I've read slow in some posts and I really don't know how a 4.48 guy is so much better than a 4.53 guy. I personally think it's nonsense.

CBs with 4.5+ 40s isn't ideal, especially without other top physical tools.

For Wilson, I haven't seen him under 4.8 and none of his other numbers show explosion either.

If you think being faster in the NFL is nonsense, well- I'm not going to waste my time debating that.
Donzo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:

I'd go Lamp and Willis.

I get not liking an OG in round 1, but it works here for a couple reasons... Lamp is by far the best interior OL prospect in the draft and there's depth in the draft at OLB and CB. And, not only are the Packers replacing their starting RG, their LG and OC are free agents after next season. So, it's a position of serious need.

I like Willis a lot at the end of the 2nd round. He has a little freak to him.
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donzo wrote:
squire12 wrote:

I'd go Lamp and Willis.

I get not liking an OG in round 1, but it works here for a couple reasons... Lamp is by far the best interior OL prospect in the draft and there's depth in the draft at OLB and CB. And, not only are the Packers replacing their starting RG, their LG and OC are free agents after next season. So, it's a position of serious need.

I like Willis a lot at the end of the 2nd round. He has a little freak to him.

Thanks for your comments.

Care to share what your picks would be for the other rounds.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: