Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK with options round by round (RD 3 page 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:
How many teams draft a pass rusher in the first when they just signed the #4 and #6 highest paid OLB in the league?

I don't know the answer to this but can you ever have too many pass rushers?

Even going past that part, we've got the rookie salary cap in place. This isn't the pre-rookie cap era when you were paying huge amounts of dollars to first round picks.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:
How many teams draft a pass rusher in the first when they just signed the #4 and #6 highest paid OLB in the league?

Even going past that part, we've got the rookie salary cap in place. This isn't the pre-rookie cap era when you were paying huge amounts of dollars to first round picks.

You are both missing the line of the discussion that this comment pertains to.

Someone said why would GB draft a TE when they just signed 2 TE in FA. Why spend a top pick when GB just spent FA $$ on the position.

Thus the question...why would GB spend a top pick on a position where they have the #4 and #6 top paid OLB on the roster.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaegybomb wrote:
If we draft an edge in the first we get him guaranteed for 4 years. Most likely he spends the first 2 of those on the bench until we decide if we need a replacement for Clay or not.

Aside from obvious rotational/package stuff do you think this because Matthews and Perry have been able to stay so healthy recently?

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
Thus the question...why would GB spend a top pick on a position where they have the #4 and #6 top paid OLB on the roster.

First off, let's go back to what Pugger said. Nothing she said was wrong. You can never have too many pass rushers, just look at what the Giants were able to do with their stable of pass rushers. Secondly, as I mentioned you can afford to take picks looking a year or two down the road in the first round that pre-rookie cap you weren't able to. You're paying them peanuts. It's not always about immediate returns with your 1st round pick. Comparing that to TE, we don't run a ton of 2 TE looks and with Bennett under contract we're probably talking about 3 years from now that the TE we draft is an option as a starting TE if we release Bennett for cap relief. That same issue could come up as early as next year for CB and OLB.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

Someone said why would GB draft a TE when they just signed 2 TE in FA. Why spend a top pick when GB just spent FA $$ on the position.

How is this even a legitimate question though?

All our tight ends combined played a total of 1034 snaps last year.

Jones and Peppers played a total of 1132 snaps last year.

We need to replace more snaps at OLB than TEs played total.

Plus Clay kinda sucks.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

First off, let's go back to what Pugger said. Nothing she said was wrong. You can never have too many pass rushers

GB lost about 500 snaps from Peppers and 500 snaps from D. Jones in FA
That's 1000 pass- rushing snaps that need to be replaced and you gotta keep these guys fresh all game long and all season long...
OLB is a rotational position because they get tired battling 320 lb OTs all afternoon. And both of the incumbent OLBs have an injury history

You need 4 decent OLBs to run this scheme, and its time to add some youth
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

First off, let's go back to what Pugger said. Nothing she said was wrong. You can never have too many pass rushers, just look at what the Giants were able to do with their stable of pass rushers. Secondly, as I mentioned you can afford to take picks looking a year or two down the road in the first round that pre-rookie cap you weren't able to. You're paying them peanuts. It's not always about immediate returns with your 1st round pick. Comparing that to TE, we don't run a ton of 2 TE looks and with Bennett under contract we're probably talking about 3 years from now that the TE we draft is an option as a starting TE if we release Bennett for cap relief. That same issue could come up as early as next year for CB and OLB.

We don't or we have not had the players to warrant that as an option?

I agree with the not having enough pass rushers....that is why in this mock, I said I would take the OLB (Harris) in the first over the TE. I made a mention that pairing a TE like Njoku or Engram would be an interesting option. Feel free to read the whole thread to get up to speed.
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
squire12 wrote:

First off, let's go back to what Pugger said. Nothing she said was wrong. You can never have too many pass rushers

GB lost about 500 snaps from Peppers and 500 snaps from D. Jones in FA
That's 1000 pass- rushing snaps that need to be replaced and you gotta keep these guys fresh all game long and all season long...
OLB is a rotational position because they get tired battling 320 lb OTs all afternoon. And both of the incumbent OLBs have an injury history

You need 4 decent OLBs to run this scheme, and its time to add some youth

Do you think that Fackrell and Elliott can take some of those snaps?

I'm all for taking an EDGE early. But I"m also kind of excited to see what the young kids can do, Elliott in particular.

When I look at mocks, I'm looking for guys who try to find the Elephant End body type. Datone's or Peppers'. Maybe someone like KPass is that kind of kid.

I think GB tried to find that body type somewhere.....
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

Unless a TE still there at #29 is the second coming of Gronk Ted won't be drafting a TE at #29. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

State your preference for what player to pick and certainly feel free to offer why/why not. I will try to post a new round each day

Round 4
Taywan Taylor WR
Isaiah Ford WR
Dede Westbrook WR
D’onta Freeman RB
Wayne Gallman RB
Ethan Pocic OC
Carroll Phillips DE
Daeshon Hall DE
Brian Allen CB
Justin Evans S

Having taken
1. Harris (EDGE)
2. Wilson CB
3. Siragusa OL

I went with D'onta Freeman. Adds a RB to pair with Monty. Like Taylor and Ford at WR, but see the RB value and need as the priority at this point.
Jaegybomb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Foreman.

1 Lamp (G)
2 Tabor (CB)
3 Walker (Edge)
4 Foreman (RB)

Looking at snap numbers for OLBs around the league I'm starting to come around to taking one in the first though.
dcerb44

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
squire12 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

Plus Clay kinda sucks.

This doesn't even account for the fact that rushers have a far greater impact on the game than an TE does. You can never have enough guys who excel at disrupting the opposing offense.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.
Stevein2012

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
squire12 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Jaegybomb wrote:

Plus Clay kinda sucks.

Is that even a common snap distribution for us though among rotational guys at edge or just a 1 year sample? Both of those guys played with their hand in the dirt quite a bit last year with another OLB outside of them so the total snaps among OLB is going to be quite high even if they weren't all taken at OLB. I don't really remember us rotating guys quite that often in other seasons.
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
We don't or we have not had the players to warrant that as an option?

I agree with the not having enough pass rushers....that is why in this mock, I said I would take the OLB (Harris) in the first over the TE. I made a mention that pairing a TE like Njoku or Engram would be an interesting option. Feel free to read the whole thread to get up to speed.

What exactly has McCarthy done that would indicate that he's going to change schemes, formations, or playcalling? Early in the season, our offense was struggling and most of us were asking for him to adapt and run more combo routes and rub routes to create separation for the receivers. He didn't do that, and eventually our offense got on track. Would I love to see more 2 TE looks? Absolutely, but as someone pointed out we're near the bottom of 2 TE looks. And I don't believe that's going to change with McCarthy.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
Do you think that Fackrell and Elliott can take some of those snaps?

I'm all for taking an EDGE early. But I"m also kind of excited to see what the young kids can do, Elliott in particular.

I'm still hopeful about Fackrell, but I'm not sure there's much that gets me excited about Elliott. Seems like a ST player.

PackFan4Life wrote:

bkobow05 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: