Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

@ #6

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jimbo1904


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2535
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: @ #6 Reply with quote

We're sitting at number 6 with a ton of needs...
Is there anyone sitting at # 6 that we wouldn't trade down for?
The only person close is Adams... but even if he is there... we have so many needs.
I would love to see us trade down for Howard, Cooks, Foster, Ross and pick up a second.
thoughts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2746
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: @ #6 Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
We're sitting at number 6 with a ton of needs...
Is there anyone sitting at # 6 that we wouldn't trade down for?
The only person close is Adams... but even if he is there... we have so many needs.
I would love to see us trade down for Howard, Cooks, Foster, Ross and pick up a second.
thoughts?


other than Garrett, no. I would love to trade down and take Watt, Reddick or even Bolles. Edge Rusher and LT are more influential position than Safety or TE, IMO. (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset if we took Howard, Foster or one of the Safties - Adams, Hooker or Melifonwu - in a trade down situation.)

I know we signed Beachum but he was bad last year and we are only hoping it was because he was recovering from a ACL injury suffered the previous year. Signing him was a start but if we can take the best LT in the draft and get an extra pick (I think the value becomes a second at pick 13.) it's a great situation. Also remember Shell only played in 3 or 4 games, and most of us will remember that Wayne Hunter looked good in a limited appearance the year before he became our starter

Watt has only played LB for a couple of years and, based on his testing, has both twitch and explosiveness.He is also good in coverage and defending the run. Reddick is another multi talented LB that has good explosiveness and some twitch. At the senior bowl he looked great in coverage. I think both of them are 3down players and can be used in multiple ways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobby816


Joined: 21 Sep 2013
Posts: 8767
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 10660
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jimbo1904


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2535
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.


I think in Macc first draft you have to take Williams.
For last year, not sure. We're already mid 10's and Lee fits a need and talent.
Im just thinking in this draft people could want to trade up for a DL, S, CB, RB and QB. Our position this year is a tad different. There is no OL thats a top 10 talent. I'd love an extra second or 3rd for a few spots back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 8656
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.


And people keep begging to trade down just because they don't like anyone enough to "justify" the #6 pick. It's absolutely absurd. You shouldn't trade down unless another team really wants to jump ahead of another so they overbid. Outside of that you shouldn't trade down out of fear picking the wrong person at your spot. If that's your fear you shouldn't make the draft decisions. It's a completely valid point to keep bringing up because there are trade down discussions all the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimbo1904


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2535
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.


And people keep begging to trade down just because they don't like anyone enough to "justify" the #6 pick. It's absolutely absurd. You shouldn't trade down unless another team really wants to jump ahead of another so they overbid. Outside of that you shouldn't trade down out of fear picking the wrong person at your spot. If that's your fear you shouldn't make the draft decisions. It's a completely valid point to keep bringing up because there are trade down discussions all the time.


I dont think we for a second would trade down because "fear of picking wrong person." Our point is that we have so many holes to fill, that I dont believe, other than maybe 2 players, that we'd be better served by trading down and grabbing a second or third.
Thinking we are afraid to pick @ 6, just is absurd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bananabucket


Joined: 29 Dec 2013
Posts: 1611
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.



Well at least he has the advantage of being right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 8656
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Malik wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.


And people keep begging to trade down just because they don't like anyone enough to "justify" the #6 pick. It's absolutely absurd. You shouldn't trade down unless another team really wants to jump ahead of another so they overbid. Outside of that you shouldn't trade down out of fear picking the wrong person at your spot. If that's your fear you shouldn't make the draft decisions. It's a completely valid point to keep bringing up because there are trade down discussions all the time.


I dont think we for a second would trade down because "fear of picking wrong person." Our point is that we have so many holes to fill, that I dont believe, other than maybe 2 players, that we'd be better served by trading down and grabbing a second or third.
Thinking we are afraid to pick @ 6, just is absurd.


A desperation trade will get you fleeced. You only trade down if there are buyers. You aren't going to get anything as a seller.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 4103
Location: FL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:
Malik wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.


And people keep begging to trade down just because they don't like anyone enough to "justify" the #6 pick. It's absolutely absurd. You shouldn't trade down unless another team really wants to jump ahead of another so they overbid. Outside of that you shouldn't trade down out of fear picking the wrong person at your spot. If that's your fear you shouldn't make the draft decisions. It's a completely valid point to keep bringing up because there are trade down discussions all the time.


I dont think we for a second would trade down because "fear of picking wrong person." Our point is that we have so many holes to fill, that I dont believe, other than maybe 2 players, that we'd be better served by trading down and grabbing a second or third.
Thinking we are afraid to pick @ 6, just is absurd.


A desperation trade will get you fleeced. You only trade down if there are buyers. You aren't going to get anything as a seller.


Mac needs to trade back and stockpile picks or else he should be fired! We are a rebuilding team! Remember that year the Pats traded back like 3 times? We need to do that!

If someone falls and a team is willing to give up a lot to get their guy then trade the pick. Otherwise I'm just hoping we land one of Adams/Fournette/Hooker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rich51


Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 2746
Location: WPB Fl via Jc NJ
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
I hate this trade down argument. People make it like if you want to move back in the draft it's easy like there's 10 teams calling you all willing to give away there 2nd and 3rd Round draft pick. Rarely is the price right. Macc has looked into trading back and even up in both drafts, so of course he will gage the interest, but he's never moved in either draft in Round 1... bc it's not easy and the price is early right. We might as well get on board that there's more than a 90% chance that's we stay at 6. So decide who you'd like and evaluate players you like at 6.


I hope we trade down just because you've literally said the same exact thing every time someone brings this up. We get it, you think its hard, people still want to talk about the option. You've made your point....100 times.



Well at least he has the advantage of being right.


I think the OP was asking our feelings about trading down in general. I agree with Malik that we should not desperately try to initiate a trade down scenario. Mac has already said he'd be willing so now it's up to the other team to contact him. I would use the official trade value chart as a guide. We should get a value very close (e.g. Cleveland's 12 and 52) or in our favor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3770
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc is doing all he can to generate some sort of spark for teams to take QBs before us. If other teams think we want a QB than they will want to trade in front of us not with us. This draft is so deep every team wants to trade down. I could see this being a year where dropping back from 6 to 12 may only net you a 4th round pick. There are going to be too many teams that want more picks. In my opinion a top tier player is greater than a 2nd tier player and a roster bubble player.

Macc is hoping someone falls to us by convincing a team to take a QB before we select. The real questions are which team is willing to trade in front of us and which team is willing to fall back? And who are we hoping will fall to us?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 18145
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586553


Already a trade down thread on the first page here. I will lock this one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group