Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Total Control Mock Draft/Offseason GM:Browns
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Total Control Mock Draft/Offseason GM:Browns Reply with quote

We just got finished with our GM Mock draft and offseason. I wasnt going to post my offseason, but I was voted 100% unanimous best offseason by the other GMs so I thought I would share my Browns draft.

Draft

Pick 18 - John Ross - WR - Washington
Pick 25 - Deshaun Watson - QB- Clemson
Pick 33 - Christian McCaffrey - RB - Stanford
Pick 45 - Gareon Conley - CB - Ohio State (I traded a 3rd round pick and Christian Kirksey to the Dolphins for a 2nd round pick and Dion Jordan)
Pick 51 - Traded to the Jets for Mo Wilkerson
Pick 89 - Jaleel Johnson - DT - Iowa
Pick 92 - Isaac Asiata - OG - Utah
Pick 125 - Kendall Beckwith - ILB - LSU
Pick 146 - Jamaal Williams - RB - BYU
Pick 220 - Zane Gonzalez - K - Arizona St

UDFA
Harvey Langi - ILB - BYU
Eric Saubert - TE - Drake
Jeremy Faulk - DT - Garden City CC

We started this before the start of Free Agency so a lot of the Free Agents I was able to acquire were signed by other teams shortly after I was able to get them so ill post them, but just know this was done before signing day.

Trades

Joe Thomas for 3rd round pick, Anthony Castonzo
#1 pick for Jadaveon Clowney, Pick #25, 3rd round pick, 2018 2nd round pick
Joe Schobert and Nate Orchard for Mark Barron and William Hayes
RG3, Shon Coleman, Jamar Taylor for Doug Martin, Evan Smith, Josh Huff
Josh Gordon, 6th round pick for Eric Reid
Pick 52 for Mo Wilkerson
Christian Kirksey, 3rd round pick for Dion Jordan, 2nd round pick
4th round pick, 6th round pick for Mychal Kendricks

Roster

QB- Tony Romo, Deshaun Watson, Cody Kessler, Kevin Hogan
RB- Christian McCaffrey, Jamaal Williams, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson,
FB- Marcel Reece
TE- Martellus Bennett, Gary Barnidge, Eric Saubert, Seth Devalve
WR- Terrell Pryor, Rashard Higgins, Andrew Hawkins
WR- Corey Coleman, Jordan Payton
Slot-John Ross, Josh Huff
LT- Anthony Castonzo, Ty Sambrailo
LG- Joel Bitonio, Spencer Drango
C- Jeremy Zuttah, Evan Smith, Ryan Jensen
RG- Isaac Asiata, Anthony Fabiano
RT- Ryan Clady, Derek Newton

DE- William Hayes, Dion Jordan
DT- Mo Wilkerson, Courtney Upshaw, Gabe Wright
DT- Danny Shelton, Jaleel Johnson
DE- Jadaveon Clowney, Emmanuel Ogbah, Carl Nassib
WLB- Mychal Kendricks,
MLB- Kendell, Beckwith, Brandon Spikes, Harvey Langi, James Burgess
SLB- Jamie Collins, Cam Johnson, Ik Enemkpali
CB- Joe Haden, Jordan Poyer
CB- Darrell Revis, Tramon Williams
NB- Gareon Conley
FS- Eric Reid, Jaylen Watkins
SS- Mark Barron, Ed Reynolds

K- Zane Gonzalez
P- Britton Colquitt
KR- John Ross, Christian McCaffrey
PR- John Ross, Christian McCaffrey

I pretty much used all of the available cap space for this year, but have several of the acquired players on 1-2 year deals and cap space would be easy to free up going forward. I added as many young talented players as I could while making sure to add early draft picks going forward. There were a few more trades that arent listed because I forgot the details, but there were a few added 2018 3rds I believe as well. I had fun Gming the Browns as there are plenty of picks and cap space to work with. Go ahead and tear this offseason apart, but I would love to watch this team. Im excited to see what the FO and Hue can do the few years with this team. I cant wait to see you guys in the playoffs (hopefully with us in there also).

Red- Drafted
Green- Traded for
Blue- Free Agency

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586926&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Link to the award

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586244

Link to the draft so you can see who was available when I drafted.
brooks1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Double wow. Triple Wow.

You trade away the opportunity to grab a FRANCHISE CHANGER on both offense and defense.............

You end up with a broken down 36 year old at QB and you draft a turnover machine........ Didn't we just cut one of those?

AND YOU ARE VOTED WITH THE TOP OFFSEASON? What the hell were they smoking?

Epic fail.
buno67

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my exact feeling!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we would go from one of the youngest teams to one of the oldest.

I'm guessing Joe Thomas was traded because of age but then we get Romo, Revis etc... so there seems to be no direction.

They would win more games than the real Browns will in 2017 but way too many band-aids instead of fixes.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooks1957 wrote:

You trade away the opportunity to grab a FRANCHISE CHANGER on both offense and defense.............

You end up with a broken down 36 year old at QB and you draft a turnover machine........ Didn't we just cut one of those?

Epic fail.

Lol. The 36 year old Romo is on a 1 yr deal to mentor Watson. Turnover machine is a little unfair. 90 TDS to 32 INTS in his career at Clemson

Quote:
YEAR CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2016 388 579 67.0 4593 7.9 41 65 17 151.1
2015 333 491 67.8 4104 8.4 35 67 13 156.3
2014 93 137 67.9 1466 10.7 14 74 2 188.6

John Ross 17 TDS and 1150 yds and will only continue to improve. Big play ability
Quote:
2016 81 1150 14.2 70 17 8 102 12.8 32 1

Christian McCaffrey
Quote:
2016 253 1603 6.3 90 13 37 310 8.4 56 3
2015 337 2019 6.0 70 8 45 645 14.3 75 5

I do get your argument, but I feel I added several game changers on each side of the ball. Clowney, Wilkerson, Conley, Revis, Reid, Barron etc would make that defense so much better.

I also had the Raiders taken away for this mock and was handed the Browns, which I know was void of much talent. I added as much as possible with focus towards the future. Obviously you dont feel the same about Clowney as I do. Romo was only added because I had a need at QB for this season and had plenty of cap space to add him. I also wanted Watson to sit and learn for a year before having to play. I like Watson more than Trubisky(who went several picks earlier).

Had I stayed at 1 and 12 I would have drafted Garrett and Davis (yes, over Williams)
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

I'm guessing Joe Thomas was traded because of age but then we get Romo, Revis etc... so there seems to be no direction.

They would win more games than the real Browns will in 2017 but way too many band-aids instead of fixes.

Revis/Romo etc were added on 1 yr deals and yes as more of band aides and not building blocks. I like having some solid vets to help the young guys transition. 7 of the first 100 picks in the draft are the building blocks to this team (in this scenario). I dont think throwing all 7 in the starting lineup with no vets or leadership would change the culture in Cleveland. I made it so 2018 would have a ton of cap space available and most of my FA deals were 1-2 yr deals just to help transition to the younger players.

I sort of followed Reggie McKenzies philosophy. He added Justin Tuck, Matt Schaub and brought back Charles Woodson and several other older vets to help the young guys learn. Woodson and Tuck werent part of the building blocks and werent able to see the 12-4 season on the field. They did help in getting that team ready to win games though.
brooks1957

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
brooks1957 wrote:

Epic fail.

Lol. The 36 year old Romo is on a 1 yr deal to mentor Watson. Turnover machine is a little unfair. 90 TDS to 32 INTS in his career at Clemson

Quote:
YEAR CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
2016 388 579 67.0 4593 7.9 41 65 17 151.1
2015 333 491 67.8 4104 8.4 35 67 13 156.3
2014 93 137 67.9 1466 10.7 14 74 2 188.6

John Ross 17 TDS and 1150 yds and will only continue to improve. Big play ability
Quote:
2016 81 1150 14.2 70 17 8 102 12.8 32 1

Christian McCaffrey
Quote:
2016 253 1603 6.3 90 13 37 310 8.4 56 3
2015 337 2019 6.0 70 8 45 645 14.3 75 5

I do get your argument, but I feel I added several game changers on each side of the ball. Clowney, Wilkerson, Conley, Revis, Reid, Barron etc would make that defense so much better.

I also had the Raiders taken away for this mock and was handed the Browns, which I know was void of much talent. I added as much as possible with focus towards the future. Obviously you dont feel the same about Clowney as I do. Romo was only added because I had a need at QB for this season and had plenty of cap space to add him. I also wanted Watson to sit and learn for a year before having to play. I like Watson more than Trubisky(who went several picks earlier).

Had I stayed at 1 and 12 I would have drafted Garrett and Davis (yes, over Williams)

Lemme apologize - I was a bit harsh in my original reply. You make some valid points which I will comment on later.

Again - sorry for being harsh.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brooks1957 wrote:

Lemme apologize - I was a bit harsh in my original reply. You make some valid points which I will comment on later.

Again - sorry for being harsh.

You don't need to apologize. This is a huge off-season for the Browns. Browns fans have waited too long for a good rebuild and competent staff to do it right. I knew id get some negative comments because I went against the popular choice of Garrett/12 etc. Believe it or not I want the Browns to make good moves and succeed. Im a Raiders fan so I know about blowing the off-season and drafts over and over again. I don't think I did that in this Mock and I would be happy about it, but I can see why it wouldn't sit well with lots of Brown fans. Either way I'm pretty excited to see what really happens next month as I know the Browns will be improved thru the draft.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vomit tbh

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Revis/Romo etc were added on 1 yr deals and yes as more of band aides and not building blocks. I like having some solid vets to help the young guys transition. 7 of the first 100 picks in the draft are the building blocks to this team (in this scenario). I dont think throwing all 7 in the starting lineup with no vets or leadership would change the culture in Cleveland. I made it so 2018 would have a ton of cap space available and most of my FA deals were 1-2 yr deals just to help transition to the younger players.

I sort of followed Reggie McKenzies philosophy. He added Justin Tuck, Matt Schaub and brought back Charles Woodson and several other older vets to help the young guys learn. Woodson and Tuck werent part of the building blocks and werent able to see the 12-4 season on the field. They did help in getting that team ready to win games though.

Well you traded away our #1 offensive player and leader and one of our 3 best defensive players and also a leader so again, I don't get the direction besides making a bunch of moves to show that you made a bunch of moves.

If you are building a roster to win now you don't trade the face of the franchise. If you weren't building a roster to win now then you wasted resources and are costing playing time for players who will be around when the team is expected to win.

Also, I wouldn't start Hayes or Clowney over Ogbah. You also underestimate Kirksey as a player to trade him for Jordan and only move up from 65 to 54 in the draft.

I understand you aren't a Browns fan and may not have the insight of a Browns fan but to post your "voted 100% unanimous best offseason by the other GMs" here I would hope you would expect to get criticism if it is warranted.

And it is.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Well you traded away our #1 offensive player and leader and one of our 3 best defensive players and also a leader so again, I don't get the direction besides making a bunch of moves to show that you made a bunch of moves.

If you are building a roster to win now you don't trade the face of the franchise. If you weren't building a roster to win now then you wasted resources and are costing playing time for players who will be around when the team is expected to win.

Also, I wouldn't start Hayes or Clowney over Ogbah. You also underestimate Kirksey as a player to trade him for Jordan and only move up from 65 to 54 in the draft.

I understand you aren't a Browns fan and may not have the insight of a Browns fan but to post your "voted 100% unanimous best offseason by the other GMs" here I would hope you would expect to get criticism if it is warranted.

And it is.

Wouldn't start Clowney over Ogbah? Dude was an all pro last season.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
daineraider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

And it is.

Absolutely I expected it. Im not offended, its just a Mock, but I am going to explain my decisions. I think Clowney is a generational talent and started to show that last year. He had been injured, but dominated while on the field last season. Not sure how you expect me to believe that Ogbah should be starting over him. Over Hayes I wouldnt argue so much, but Clowney is top player at his position and would be right next to Mo Wilkerson and Danny Shelton, which would be hell for teams to go against.

I traded Thomas for another experienced OT that is cheaper and 4-5 years younger. I will admit that I know who Kirksey is, but dont know too much about him or what type of player he is. Also if youre not a fan of Clowney or Watson then I can see why you hate this mock to begin with. I happen to be a huge fan of both, coupled with an explosive athlete like McCaffrey and I was excited for the offense. I could have gone with the norm and just drafted Myles Garrett, but I happen to prefer Clowney. I also was targeting Reuben Foster with pick #12, but he was taken at 10. I got Conley in the 2nd when I had him rated higher than several of the CBs that had already been taken.
Counselor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

And it is.

Yeah that's a ridiculous comment

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

And it is.

I wouldn't. I think Ogbah is going to be a beast. Statistically they were pretty equal last year but I expect Ogbah to have a better 2017 and career.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing this makes me feel even better about the nerds' approach to building this thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: