Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears sign QB Mark Sanchez
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember, Sanchez was signed by Denver last offseason to compete for their starter job and then did not even make the team. I doubt the Bears committed enough money to him where they won't be able to release him prior to the season if needed.

This screams to me that the Bears just want to make sure they have one veteran that can play in front of the rookie they choose. It is protection in case Glennon gets hurt in TC. If Glennon stays healthy through camp and the Bears draft a QB that shows even a hint of being ready to take snaps at some point next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez is let go in final round of cuts. But if Glennon struggles or gets injured in TC, then Sanchez can start and the Bears won't be forced to play a rookie (or Shaw).
51to54

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me a bit of Angelo and his trait of adding a bunch of dog poo safeties to the roster if we had bad safeties with the thought that at least one would find his mojo with the Bears and become a Rin Tin Tin good starter.
Unfortunately, he always just wound up with a bigger pile of dog poo safeties.
G08

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
This reminds me a bit of Angelo and his trait of adding a bunch of dog poo safeties to the roster if we had bad safeties with the thought that at least one would find his mojo with the Bears and become a Rin Tin Tin good starter.

Mike Brown and Tony Parrish seem like a lifetime ago.

"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
HuskieBear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikee wrote:
Remember, Sanchez was signed by Denver last offseason to compete for their starter job and then did not even make the team. I doubt the Bears committed enough money to him where they won't be able to release him prior to the season if needed.

This screams to me that the Bears just want to make sure they have one veteran that can play in front of the rookie they choose. It is protection in case Glennon gets hurt in TC. If Glennon stays healthy through camp and the Bears draft a QB that shows even a hint of being ready to take snaps at some point next year, I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez is let go in final round of cuts. But if Glennon struggles or gets injured in TC, then Sanchez can start and the Bears won't be forced to play a rookie (or Shaw).

To be fair, the only reason Sanchez didn't make the team is because after preseason Denver felt comfortable enough with Simien , so Sanchez asked for his release.
gah112

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he never sees the field.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icebox wrote:
Ithink i prefer Cutler to Sanchez.We are in for a world of more pain next season.😢

No. After waiting impatiently since January 2011 to run Cutler out of town as quickly as possible, nobody is allowed to say "Cutler is better." This is what you get: Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez. Consider this ample payback for all of the "Caleb Hanie is awesome" flag-waiving a few years back.
icebox

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
icebox wrote:
Ithink i prefer Cutler to Sanchez.We are in for a world of more pain next season.😢

No. After waiting impatiently since January 2011 to run Cutler out of town as quickly as possible, nobody is allowed to say "Cutler is better." This is what you get: Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez. Consider this ample payback for all of the "Caleb Hanie is awesome" flag-waiving a few years back.

With all due respect, IMO Sanchez is not even in Cutlers league,thats how bad i view this signing.Forget all the other crap we have signed as QBs . The post was i prefer Cutler over Sanchez...... Ithink.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
icebox wrote:

Actually anyone can say Jay is better, because he is. Sanchez is below Grossman/Orton IMO.

The Bears are in a rebuild and Jay likely nearing the end of his career, we needed a new talent. That doesn't mean a real solution is readily available in free agency. Outside of a potential trade for Cousins, the options are to take a swing at a rookie or wait for 2018 to look for a legitimate option (either a rookie or maybe Cousins sticks to his guns and refuses to sign, but we'd have to really break the bank for him.) If Jay is healthy the team is likely in the middle of the road, missing out on the best prospect but not winning enough to play in January.

The Hanie lovefest by many was laughable though, in complete agreement there.

Adopt a Bear - Kyle Long (Two Season Streak)
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
51to54 wrote:

Mike Brown and Tony Parrish seem like a lifetime ago.

Even worse considering they had both for 1-2 years and just let him leave. That would have been in incredible duo for Lovie to have.

topwop1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overreact much? Yes, we all know that Mark Sanchez isn't very good as a starter but I don't see what all the big fuss is about. He's a 2nd/3rd string QB. It's going to be ok guys.
bearsfan323

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

icebox wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
icebox wrote:

With all due respect, IMO Sanchez is not even in Cutlers league,thats how bad i view this signing.Forget all the other crap we have signed as QBs . The post was i prefer Cutler over Sanchez...... Ithink.

If you actually have to think that you prefer Cutler over Sanchez, you're lost

Sugashane wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
icebox wrote:

Actually anyone can say Jay is better, because he is. Sanchez is below Grossman/Orton IMO.

The Bears are in a rebuild and Jay likely nearing the end of his career, we needed a new talent. That doesn't mean a real solution is readily available in free agency. Outside of a potential trade for Cousins, the options are to take a swing at a rookie or wait for 2018 to look for a legitimate option (either a rookie or maybe Cousins sticks to his guns and refuses to sign, but we'd have to really break the bank for him.) If Jay is healthy the team is likely in the middle of the road, missing out on the best prospect but not winning enough to play in January.

The Hanie lovefest by many was laughable though, in complete agreement there.

Yet everyone has been ready to get rid of Cutler since October 2009, and now they did and they have a QB room full of [inappropriate/removed]
Sugashane

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsfan323 wrote:
Yet everyone has been ready to get rid of Cutler since October 2009, and now they did and they have a QB room full of [inappropriate/removed]

I think we remember the beginning of the 2009 season differently. Chicago fans seemed like on a high and the media was eating this up, the results were poor but talent deficiencies were pretty clear across the offense. I recall only a few Chicago fans that hated the trade, though I wan't on the board here at the time.

The Bears traded for him and ruined him. Rather than support him they put him on an island to carry a team with laughable talent on offense, both on the OL and skill positions. Had Olsen, but traded him. Marshal was a headcase, traded for peanuts, etc.

At some point you have to cut your losses though. We missed by one pick on getting Aaron Donald and Leonard Williams because we were just had Jay getting a win here or there that was a surprise, because the team sucked overall. We need to either get a prospective talent here or next year. If not this year, we have the crap QBs to let us bomb appropriately so we can be in the running for a young signal-caller in the 2018 draft. If Pace felt his job was on the line, we'd have something more promising that Glennon/Sanchez/Shaw.

Not to mention this might be the final nail in the coffin to get Fox out of here. I'd rather go 3-13 with these QBs to get a new HC and QB in the draft next year than go 6-10 with Jay and miss on the highest talents in 2018's draft. I'm still fine with getting Watson or Trubisky at 3, but Fox has never seen one of his QBs develop, that isn't magically going to start now.

RunningVaccs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points. I have a lot of faith in Glennon and Sanchex to do a better job of not winning close games so we can have another high draft pick in 18! Go Giraffolo!

The thing that blows my mind about the Bears and how the team is built is that the #3 is somehow bad, like they need a QB but the 3rd and 36th pick is exactly wrong for that. This stupid team. Every time I come on here I'm this weird combination of angry and resigned to not watching any good football in 2018.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: