Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Love/Hate Draft Edition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Love/Hate Draft Edition Reply with quote

So give me two guys you are 100% sure will boom and 2 guys you think will 100% bust. Plus throw in two guys expected to be drafted 5th or later draft picks that will be the biggest steals or sleepers as they're known.

Thought this would be fun to switch things up.

I'll start

Love
TJ Watt - So raw but so explosive. He will become an elite 3-4 OLB very soon. Once he gets coached up the sky is the limit for him as an elite pass rusher.
OJ Howard - I've been spouting on about him for a week now. I'd kick my old self for even thinking TE/RB in the top 10 but this guy is going to take the league by storm. In 2 years he will be widely considered the best TE in football.

Hate
Derek Barnett - I can't figure this guy out. One day I like him the next I think major bust. He has really nice bend which usually is great for a pass rusher but I think he really lacks the get off. He used his power in college but in the pros I don't see that working out for him. Don't see a 10 sack guy.

Marlon Humphrey - Don't review him as a #1 CB. Probably won't totally bust but he will not be worth his draft spot. 4-5 CB's will have better careers than him from this class. Conley, Lewis, Witherspoon, White, and maybe Lattimore if he can stay healthy.

Sleepers
Chris Carson - Looks the part of a 3 down back. He's under the radar because this class is crazy deep.

Corn Elder - Didn't run as great as I'd hoped at the combine but dude is tough as nails for his size. Could be a nice late round slot CB.

Props to Mack on the sig
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love
Joe Mixon- best all around back in this draft, and this is a packed RB draft with Leo and Cooks. Lead college football in long runs, and is the best receiving back coming out.

So many guys to choose from but i guess if I am sticking to guys that i think are the most can't miss that we might get I'd have to go with.

Jamaal Adams- I think he has a pretty high ceiling but an insanely high floor. Worst case he is a above average S with top notch intangibles. But i think he'll likely be a pro bowl level S who also has those intangibles.

Hate

Marshon Lattimore- CB's that early scare me in general especially when their hamstrings don't work.

Deshone Kizer- I just don't see it at all.

Sleepers

I don't really know what you consider a sleeper, if it is 6th or 7th rounders i'm not there yet in my research. If it is non first rounders, I'd love to get Budda Baker love that kid, and for a non first round QB i like Nathan Peterman (i love Mahomes but i think he goes first round.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love

OJ Howard-Dude's a baller
Kevin King-Antonio Cromartie if Cro could tackle

Hate
Marshon Lattimore-Way too injury prone for my liking
Cam Robinson-See the guy as a career RT. Similar to Erick Flowers.

Sleepers
George Kittle-Best blocking TE in the draft who lit up the combine. Could see this guy becoming a Heath Miller type at the next level (although he's more athletic)

Ben Gedeon-Solid thumper from Michigan. I could see us adding him in the late rounds and him becoming a run stuffing, 100 tackle a year, replacing another Wolverine on our roster (David Harris).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love:

Jamal Adams: no explanation needed

Corey Davis: Every time I watch him i become more and more impressed with him, complete WR in the mold of AJ Green/Josh Gordon

Joe Mixon: LeVeon Bell clone, runs with precise patients and can catch like a WR

Christian McCaffrey: 4 Down threat, has special C.O.D. skills as a RB and WR, can run routes and catch like a WR

Hate:

Mike Williams: not as fast or athletic as you'd like out, doesn't get much separation on routes as you'd want on the next level, His name is Mike Williams.

Leonard Fournette: not that I don't believe that he wont be a good RB but I dont see this next AP sort of guy, more of a straight line runner who beats up on CB's and Safety's when he gets to the next level. Doesn't have the receiving skills I like in a lead back.

Sidney Jones: never really bought into the hype with him, think hes too frail and will get beat up on the next level by more physical WR's, now factoring in the achillies injury and I really dont want to take a chance on him.

Cam Robinson (as a OT): guy gives up a lot of ground in his pass protection and always seems to be on the ground at the end of plays, he is a plus run blocker imo but not athletic enough to stick on the out side, could be a meh OT or a Solid RG

Sleepers
Jamaal Williams RB BYU
Darrius Rogers WR USC
Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
Ben Boulware LB Clemson
George Kittle TE Iowa

Edit: Also really love Barnett and Charles Harris as 34OLB on the next level

Props El Ramster on the sig

Last edited by Mr.O on Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SDotNova

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about being 100% certain of this but here goes.

Boom:
Jamal Adams S: For reasons already stated.

Joe Mixon RB: I think he will get pass the controversy and become the best back of this class

Mitch Trubisky QB: I'm in the minority on this one. But I think he will become a franchise QB.

Bust:

Cam Robinson OT: Some team will draft him high with the intention of him playing LT, but then eventually move him to RT.

Solomon Thomas DE/OLB: Not really sure what to make of him. A bit small to be a 43 DE and I don't think he is explosive enough to be an impact 34 OLB.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love:

Adams: What's not to love?

Peppers: I'm still a believer that he can be a game-changing talent on defense. He'll most likely go in the 2nd and that's huge value. I see him becoming the next Mathieu.

Foster: The most prototypical ILB we've seen for a while. Just fits the mold so well.

OJ: Dude is just a freak. If he was used more as a receiver, we'd be talking about him going #1.

Mike Willaims: I'm not worried about his speed. He's going to be a solid #1.

Hate:

Trubisky: Not worth a first. Rather have Watson than him any day.
Jets913

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

William Stanback, RB from Virginia Union, formerly of UCF. he's a long island product who was great at UCF until he was dismissed. keep an eye on him in rounds 6-7, or as a UDFA. just fyi, he has some awesome plays from UCF on youtube if you don't know him. favorite sleeper in this draft
Sapo28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love
OJ Howard- I think he's the safest pick in the draft outside of Myles Garrett. Could be a nice safety blanket for a developing QB with the ability to be a great blocker.

Jordan Willis- High motor guy with great meassurables.

Leonard Fournette- he runs so fricken strong. I want some player that gives me some hope to be a jets fan.

Adams- smart/physical guy who can do it all in the secondary.

Hate
Lattimore- Milliner flashbacks
Kizer/Trubisky/Watson- we have two young guys on the roster if they can't do it we will be in prime position to draft a much better prospect next year.

Sleepers
Chris Godwin - great combine, great senior bowl
Alvin Kamara- all the hype is on LF, Cook, McCaffery, Mixon. I think he should be in the mix for being a top guy.
MP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love:
Gerald Everett
Adoree Jackson
Carlos Henderson
Jamal Adams
Anthony Walker
Corey Davis
Dorian Johnson

Hate:
Howard, Thomas, Lattimore at pick six.
Any QB in the first three rounds.

Sleepers:
Adam Shaheen
Stacy Coley
Donnel Pumphrey
Marlon Mack
Howard Wilson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love:

Jamal Adams - Like previously stated, no explanation needed

Haason Reddick - I love him. I don't know who he reminds me of, but the fact that he can stop the run from the inside, rush the passer from the outside, and every combination of the two. He's a stud.

Hate:

O.J. Howard - Clearly I'm in the minority, but I just don't see the value in TE as early as people are expecting Howard to be taken.

Dalvin Cook - His tape is impressive, but taking a RB in the 1st with a history of shoulder issues and fumbling isn't something that I'd be interested in. I'm also curious whether he was a product of the system or if he is as good as the tape says.
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love Watt, Mixon, and Kevin King and would add Reddick. He's not going to play DE, as he did in college but he can play OLB and ILB. Also Obi Melifonwu, a plus athlete that also has ball skill. He can play FS and SS and I heard some teams are trying him out as a CB.

Honorable mention - Moreau, Awuzie, T.White, D. King, Rivers, Witherspoon, McCaffrey, Zay Jones, Godwin, Hunt, Perine, M Williams, Conley, Bolles, Lamp, Willis etc.

Guys I don't like are Humphrey - he gave up too many big plays; Tabor, too slow; T Williams and C.Harris - 7 years of analytics convince me that players with their lack of explosiveness and twitch just don't make it as consistent pass rushers. Cook is not, imo, a first round talent and neither are any of the QBs.

My favorite sleeper and I'm not sure if he is one any more is Trey Hendrickson from FAU. He dominated the shrine game and put up good numbers at the combine.
Another would be Michael Roberts a 6'6" 270 pound TE that can catch. He had 16 TD last year and seriously who can guard someone that big. (I guess the same can be said about Adam Shaheen, whose a little taller and 278 pounds. I haven't watched him but I think he goes on day 2 anyway).
Also like Lorenzo Jerome, SS based off the fact he dominated in two of the post season bowl games.
Chad Kelly might be just as talented as any of the top QB but while the others will be selected in the first 3 round, Kelly might not get drafted. I think he's worth a shot.
Also Getty, Gedeon, Boulware and Steve Taylor.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I love (excluding Garrett bc everyone loves him)

Jamal Adams: natural leader that can cover and hit.
OJ Howard: can catch, run and block.
Corey Davis: I see a #1 WR in him. Big, fast and runs good routes.
Joe Mixon: the best hands I've ever seen from a RB.
Derek Barnett: the guy produces. I can careless about his combine, height, etc.

Guys I hate

Marshon Lattimore: I see nothing special in him. Only a 1yr starter too.
Taco Charlton: I see a guy too big to be an edge guy.
Solomon Thomas: see above.
Mitch Trubisky: I don't like 1yr starters in college, especially at qb.

Sleepers

Jalen Reeves-Maybin: I think he's a great LB in modern nfl. He's a tad undersized, But he's fast, can cover, can blitz and has good instincts.

Darius English: I think all he needs to do to be a very good edge guy is add 10-20lbs. Very athletic and fast and has good hips. Strength is his only concern and I think that can come in a year or 2.

Channing Stribbling: I like his size and press style play. The biggest thing that sold me on him is how highly Harbaugh talked about him. Said he's one of the best CBs he's coached and is a hidden gem for NFL teams. And I respect Harbaugh's opinion.
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyu wrote:
Love:

Haason Reddick - I love him. I don't know who he reminds me of, but the fact that he can stop the run from the inside, rush the passer from the outside, and every combination of the two. He's a stud.

Came in here to mention this guy. He's the exact type of 3-4 OLB we need.
Kyu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
Kyu wrote:
Love:

Came in here to mention this guy. He's the exact type of 3-4 OLB we need.

I agree that we need a OLB that can rush the passer, but pegging Reddick as just an inside or outside guy doesn't do him justice. I think he'll be one of the best players to come from this draft in 3 years.
jetfuel

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom

Mitch T. = I think a lot of these QB's are getting a bad wrap for not good reason. Just because he played one year does not label him a bust. I like everything about him.

G. Myles= He is going to be a beast.

Bust

Joe Mixon = I don't care if he is good or not. He will be out of the league in 3 years with league trouble. When you give a young guy who makes bad decisions a lot of money that is a bad combination.

D. Watson= I don't see his game making it in the league.

Sleepers

Chad Kelly = He can be a very good starting QB if he gets his head out of his butt.

Ben Boulware = He is going to be a great guy for any team. He has IT. The drive determination work ethics and the brains. He does lack athletic ability at the next level but I think he can over come that with his work and drive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: