You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manziel to New Orleans...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spartica4Real


Joined: 26 Jan 2013
Posts: 8791
Location: Louisiana
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick of the Kaep narrative. Until we know how much he's asking for then people should stop talking so much about it. Manizel, a 24 year old at a very low price with everything to lose vs Kaep, a 30 year old known commodity at an unknown price, likely pretty high.

And in the Saints' case, we're looking for a backup developmental project so Manziel would make sense in that case if there's no one catching our eye in the draft. A 30 year old starter is not that, so just because we're looking at Manziel has nothing to do with other teams and their preference of Kaep/Manziel.
_________________

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MemphisEagles


Joined: 11 Nov 2014
Posts: 1772
Location: memphis
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartica4Real wrote:
Sick of the Kaep narrative. Until we know how much he's asking for then people should stop talking so much about it. Manizel, a 24 year old at a very low price with everything to lose vs Kaep, a 30 year old known commodity at an unknown price, likely pretty high.

And in the Saints' case, we're looking for a backup developmental project so Manziel would make sense in that case if there's no one catching our eye in the draft. A 30 year old starter is not that, so just because we're looking at Manziel has nothing to do with other teams and their preference of Kaep/Manziel.


This. I think Kaep deserves to be in the league and Manziel doesn't based on play alone. But the situations aren't comparable. I'm assuming Manziel would be much cheaper.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
bananabucket wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Manziel getting signed while Kaep is still looking for work would be a travesty.


They're both horrible. They're both morons.
At least Kaep has had moments in his pro career where he looked good borderline great.

Manziel, not so much.

I'd imagine Manziel is asking for significantly less money, which probably plays into this more than his talent.

One being 5 years younger is much more attractive when youre looking to develop a QB of the future.

Kaep will get signed people are seriously overreacting, its still very early in the offseason and teams have no reason to rush to sign a guy like Kaep until they have completed all their homework on him.


Not to mention waiting on other shoe to drop with Romo, Jimmy G, draftees, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like

Manziel doesn't have a job, and Kaep is like 6 years older, probably doesn't want to sign with no chance to compete, and has no role in the Saints system.



and lets not forget. Kaep had a job. HE OPTED OUT. He and his agent should have gauged the market.


Wait, for real? HFS how is that being omitted from the narrative?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaguarfan


Joined: 27 Nov 2011
Posts: 27986
Location: KILL ME
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like

Manziel doesn't have a job, and Kaep is like 6 years older, probably doesn't want to sign with no chance to compete, and has no role in the Saints system.


What role do either of them have other than running the option offense?

Meh, both are relatively decent options as backups, assuming Manziel is actually clean and in the right mindset, which certainly is no guarantee.
I'd take either of them over Luke Mccown. If Brees goes down, the season is done anyway. Manziel is probably cheaper. Obviously Manziel also has some amount of talent that could develop in an unlikely best case scenario.
_________________

I hate the Jaguars
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Breesus mode


Joined: 26 Feb 2014
Posts: 7245
Location: Tucson Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Saints are going to be lucky, just like the Packers were, going from one franchise HOF QB to the next.

Uh, no.
_________________
catcheryea wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
you missed a crying jordan in the middle of your sig man.
you missed a bowl game at the end of your season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breesus mode wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Saints are going to be lucky, just like the Packers were, going from one franchise HOF QB to the next.

Uh, no.


I'm a huge believer in Manziel the football player but I imagine that was a joke.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BABYLON 5


Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Posts: 429
Location: GARDEN STATE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to guy is getting a second chance but Johnny Manziel is hot garbage
_________________
THE MIGHTY OAKLAND RAIIIIDERRRRS

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Saints are going to be lucky, just like the Packers were, going from one franchise HOF QB to the next.

Uh, no.


I'm a huge believer in Manziel the football player but I imagine that was a joke.


I heard Johnny Football won a few beer pong championships. So there's that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 15342
Location: West Virginia Occupation: Browns LT
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Saints are going to be lucky, just like the Packers were, going from one franchise HOF QB to the next.

Uh, no.


I'm a huge believer in Manziel the football player but I imagine that was a joke.


I heard Johnny Football won a few beer pong championships. So there's that.


I heard swan riding is going to be an Olympic sport in 2020 so he has a shot at the gold.
_________________
NudeTayne wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
*Zayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
buno67


Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 40997
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Breesus mode wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Saints are going to be lucky, just like the Packers were, going from one franchise HOF QB to the next.

Uh, no.


I'm a huge believer in Manziel the football player but I imagine that was a joke.


I heard Johnny Football won a few beer pong championships. So there's that.


I heard swan riding is going to be an Olympic sport in 2020 so he has a shot at the gold.


you know he is tired taking home the platinum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King of Logic


Joined: 08 Oct 2014
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like


Actions have consequences. It's never smart to bring politics into the workplace.

Besides, with Manziel, there's still the benefit of the doubt. With Kaepernick, there is no doubt: he's horrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MookieMonster


Joined: 17 Jun 2016
Posts: 3508
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop comparing the Manziel situation to Kaeps.

1. Manziel hasn't been signed, it was a discussion and by the looks of it he won't be signed.
2. Manziel would probably be on a veteran minimum deal.
3. Kaep is likely lookin for a deal in the 6M-10M range, which is expensive for a mediocre QB who also comes with a ton of press.

If Kaep was going to cost the same as Manziel he would've been signed weeks ago. He's expensive, and why pay him that price when you can sign a much better QB like Cutler or Romo for a similar price?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chase Daniel is returning to his roots as a backup to Drew Brees in New Orleans. Daniel, a free agent quarterback who spent his first four seasons as a backup with the Saints, will sign a one-year contract with the team, according to Adam Caplan of ESPN.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/saints-to-sign-chase-daniel/
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forge


Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 19458
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
joeyL. wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like

Manziel doesn't have a job, and Kaep is like 6 years older, probably doesn't want to sign with no chance to compete, and has no role in the Saints system.



and lets not forget. Kaep had a job. HE OPTED OUT. He and his agent should have gauged the market.


Wait, for real? HFS how is that being omitted from the narrative?


He would have been cut had he not opted out. It's the same thing...he wasn't going to be back with the 49ers regardless of whether he opted out or not.
_________________


Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group