Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manziel to New Orleans...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I wish him well but given his past really don't think New Orleans is the best city for him to go to.
Haitch Who?
God Bless You

Courtesy of an online joke search.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well also one is 30 the other 24 so despite baggage from both I guess there is still some upside to Manziel.

Props to Mack on the sig
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Tyty wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
It would push off drafting a QB another year.
It would? How do you figure?

Dudes a top 10 qb. Just ask Thomas5737.

I didn't say he was I said that he could be and in my opinion he realistically could be. He has all of the tools. He could be as good as Russell Wilson if he conquered the mental part of the game and stayed clean. I wish Kessler had his skill set then the Browns would be set at QB for the next decade plus.

You could say this for probably 20-25 QBs in the league at the very minimum.

Yeah probably, especially if you went on arm talent alone. His mobility and playmaking ability moves him past some of those though, imo. If all NFL quarterbacks had the same brain (on and off of the field) I'd expect Manziel to be top 10.
MWil23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he figures out real life.

That said, I hope he does nothing but fail in football. I wish him nothing but the worst professionally.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
I hope he figures out real life.

That said, I hope he does nothing but fail in football. I wish him nothing but the worst professionally.

I really hope the total opposite as you do.

What a great story would it be for people that are addicts, had off the field issues, any type of dependency to look at someone that became straight and really figured out life and became successful in something.

I'm not saying I like Manziel, but if he could truly put his life together and can figure it out, and could go to be a role model to young children, high school kids, and teach them exactly what can happen when doing drugs, and over doing alcohol can destroy your dreams, and be a vision of success of someone who is now straight.

While he did dumb things, I'd rather see him succeed in business and life than a rapist or murderer.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
What a great story would it be for people that are addicts, had off the field issues, any type of dependency to look at someone that became straight and really figured out life and became successful in something.

the anti-Marinovich.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
Manziel getting signed while Kaep is still looking for work would be a travesty.

Yep I guess in this country kneeling during the anthem (all while donating thousands of dollars a month to charity) is far worse than being an alcoholic, drug addict, and smacking a girl.

When life hands you lemons, just say f*** the lemons and bail.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
Manziel getting signed while Kaep is still looking for work would be a travesty.

Yep I guess in this country kneeling during the anthem (all while donating thousands of dollars a month to charity) is far worse than being an alcoholic, drug addict, and smacking a girl.

Yeah well I don't think the only things being considered are that one kneels during the national anthem and says he has no respect for his country and wears cops are pigs socks vs. a party animal with substance abuse problems and an entitled attitude. There are also football related items to consider and how each fits into the team specific scheme.

Ben Roethlisberger is a starting QB and Tim Tebow isn't, that doesn't mean that the Steelers think that multiple legal issues are better than none with a starting QB.
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

That point is only valid if both will cost the same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Devin Kurant wrote:
cddolphin wrote:

That point is only valid if both will cost the same

Not to mention that Manziel is still relatively unknown on the field, while there is soooo much tape on Kap. We know what Kap is and he likely won't change much in either direction.

2015 Adopt-A-Brown:
Joe Thomas, GOAT
Christian Kirksey, ILB
BABYLON 5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like

Sig by BenderRodriguez
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
Mark Sanchez and Johnny Manziel got a job and Colin Kaepernick is unemployed smh.You don't have to live by the farm to know what horse manure smells like

Manziel doesn't have a job, and Kaep is like 6 years older, probably doesn't want to sign with no chance to compete, and has no role in the Saints system.

I hate the Jaguars
joeyL.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:

Manziel doesn't have a job, and Kaep is like 6 years older, probably doesn't want to sign with no chance to compete, and has no role in the Saints system.

and lets not forget. Kaep had a job. HE OPTED OUT. He and his agent should have gauged the market.

^^^packerbacker87, mad props yo.
"
This is America, the land of individualism, civil
disobedience and footballs that dont roll like the rest of the world wants them to"
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:

What role do either of them have other than running the option offense?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:

no one signed Manziel...he had conversations with Payton.

Mark Sanchez got a job because he can be a typical QB. Where Kaep needs the spread type system and some read plays for him. If I am an OC, I dont want a back up QB where I need to scheme him plays. I want to spend time scheme plays for my starters.

Kaep would have more potential if you wanted him to be a starter compared to Sanchez but in reality he isnt a starting QB in this league. Defenses figured him out. Sanchez is the better back up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: