Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Tennessee Titans Draft Thread V.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Justin615$ wrote:
Rueben Foster failed test at combine Laughing

For a diluted sample. Thats why he was getting so worked up. Was worried the [inappropriate/removed] he drank so he would [inappropriate/removed] negative would wear off.

I was jist about to be okay with drafting him again too. Too many red flags.

I'd take him at 18 no hesitation personally.
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Foster explained the test came back dilute because he was sick with what he believed was food poisoning before the combine. Rapoport added, "Foster tells me he was sick before the combine and hydrated like crazy. In the program now: 'Test me.'"

Don't knw if I can believe that excuse lol
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yep Foster to me has dropped big time. Guy is an idiot.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, he was my #2 prospect after Garrett. I'd still take him at 18... but I agree he's too risky as a top 5/10 pick.
titans0021

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
Damn, he was my #2 prospect after Garrett. I'd still take him at 18... but I agree he's too risky as a top 5/10 pick.
Yup. Love him as a prospect, but man, what a disaster for him.

Oh well, this opens up the possibility of trading back from five and getting Corey Davis/Mike Williams at 10-12 and Foster at 18.

If we were to come out of the first with a top receiver, Foster and a second round pick I'd be pretty excited.

Props to mike23md on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel and McShay did their mock draft tonight and gave us Foster at 5(lol) and Njoku at 18(YAY!!!)

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Mel and McShay did their mock draft tonight and gave us Foster at 5(lol) and Njoku at 18(YAY!!!)

I don't see any chance we take him after everything. Possible health issues with concussions. Showcased poor judgement with the Auburn tattoo. Blows up on medical staff. Failed drug test.

Really like him as a player, but wouldn't touch him in the top 10. We passed on Tunsil, Foster's image isn't looking a whole lot better right now.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to get a feeling Cooper Kupp ends up a Titan.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Kupp as a 2nd round pick where he is projected. I do think we end up with Mike Williams or Howard/Njoku in the first.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
I don't see Kupp as a 2nd round pick where he is projected. I do think we end up with Mike Williams or Howard/Njoku in the first.

Dunno man.
He is fitting Robinson's checklist. Now I don't see it where it's Kupp and that's it. I'd think they'd pair him up with another pick.

But Kupp went against a Washington team that had Kevin King, Budda Baker, Sidney Jones and Marcus Peters. And promptly lit them up in a close lose for 3 TDs and 100 plus yards.
Had some of his best games against D1 teams.
I think he is an 2nd round pick and would be a target if we trade back.

1 OJ Howard/Njoku
1a Corner
2 Kupp
3 OLB
3 WR
And went back and looked, he pretty much dominated that level since freshman year. I thought he was a one year wonder.

And while his 40 is slow for WR standards and I think he plays slow on video, he is faster than someone like Jarvis Landry.

And add in the fact that Robinson made a personal trip to Eastern Washington and it wasn't to see the bright red turf. And then I think they worked him out privately.

All that and the fact that he is hard worker and said to run great routes and team guy ....

I think we looking at a future Titan. Part of me feel the Mike Williams stuff is smoke screen and they really don't love him like that.
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Dunno man.
He is fitting Robinson's checklist. Now I don't see it where it's Kupp and that's it. I'd think they'd pair him up with another pick.

But Kupp went against a Washington team that had Kevin King, Budda Baker, Sidney Jones and Marcus Peters. And promptly lit them up in a close lose for 3 TDs and 100 plus yards.

1 OJ Howard/Njoku
1a Corner
2 Kupp
3 OLB
3 WR
And went back and looked, he pretty much dominated that level since freshman year. I thought he was a one year wonder.

And while his 40 is slow for WR standards and I think he plays slow on video, he is faster than someone like Jarvis Landry.

And add in the fact that Robinson made a personal trip to Eastern Washington and it wasn't to see the bright red turf. And then I think they worked him out privately.

All that and the fact that he is hard worker and said to run great routes and team guy ....

I think we looking at a future Titan. Part of me feel the Mike Williams stuff is smoke screen and they really don't love him like that.

Sounds good to me. Cool

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SerenityNow wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

Dunno man.

1 OJ Howard/Njoku
1a Corner
2 Kupp
3 OLB
3 WR

Sounds good to me. Cool

And I don't even want him. I want Zay Jones in the 2nd, but.....lol I can't help but feel Kupp is in the sights..
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's no different than what we already have. He's Tajae Sharpe. I would hope he was productive. It looks like his team passed the ball on every play and he played 1 or 2 actual teams in the last 4 years, with the second best defense he faced in 4 years being Oregon or Oregon St. Watching the Oregon game, the vast majority of his receptions are within 5 yards, with the majority of his yards for the game coming on a pass that was actually caught 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage with the WRs doing an excellent job of blocking downfield.

Not saying he can't be productive, but he's not an X. We can't put him alone on one side of the field and expect him to win. I'm not taking a guy who's a better Tajae Sharpe in the 2nd round.

I'd rather double up on CBs who can cover an X than draft another guy who has to be schemed open.

Last edited by TitanSS on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ockham

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports were the Titans were interested in The other Eastern Washington WR, Kendrick Bourne.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.

Last edited by Ockham on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
He's no different than what we already have. He's Tajae Sharpe. I would hope he was productive. It looks like his team passed the ball on every play and he played 1 or 2 actual teams in the last 4 years, with the second best defense he faced in 4 years being Oregon or Oregon St. Watching the Oregon game, the vast majority of his receptions are within 5 yards, with the majority of his yards for the game coming on a pass that was actually caught 2 yards behind the line of scrimmage with the WRs doing an excellent job of blocking downfield.

Not saying he can't be productive, but he's not an X. We can't put him alone on one side of the field and expect him to win. I'm not taking a guy who's a better Tajae Sharpe in the 2nd round.

I'd rather double up on CBs who can cover an X than draft another guy who has to be schemed open.

Honestly, I actually agree with not wanting to take Kupp in the 2nd. I'd be okay with it if we did, because I think he's going to be a great #2 possession type receiver in the league, but with where our team is currently at the only receiver I'm taking in the 2nd is a guy that I think can be that number 1 deep threat type of receiver like if Corey Davis actually falls out of the first for instance. If that doesn't happen, I'd much rather take a secondary player in the 2nd. I like Kupp more than most on here obviously, but even I wouldn't be thinking about him until our first 3rd based off of the group of receivers that we already have on the roster and the skill set that he brings.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 15 of 28

Jump to: