Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Tennessee Titans Draft Thread V.2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: 2017 Tennessee Titans Draft Thread V.2 Reply with quote

Last one is close to 100

As of right now the top guys I'd want at 5 in order....

1.) Jamal Adams
2.) Marshon Lattimore
3.) Reuben Foster
4.) Malik Hooker
5.) Jonathan Allen

at 18(obviously they won't all be available)

1.) Corey Davis
2.) Haason Reddick
3.) OJ Howard/David Njoku
4.) Mike Williams
5.) TJ Watt

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me...

1.Jamal Adams
2.O.J. Howard
3.Marshon Lattimore
4.Solomon Thomas
5.Reuben Foster

1.Corey Davis
2.Haason Reddick
3.Mike Williams
4.John Ross
5.Gareon Conley

#MTGA
TheMonarch1110

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are sooo many players that I would be ok with in the 1st in this draft. This is a real quality draft to have some early picks. I am assuming JRob would like to trade down from 5 and pick up some more in the 2nd too. This will be a fun draft, much like last years.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the last draft thread, for those of you that consider Lattimore an elite draft prospect or by far the best CB in this class.... Do his injuries not alter your view on him as a prospect?

One college season completely lost because of his hamstring and another where he missed the beginning of the season, tried to come back for a few games only to go back out because of his hamstring.

I like him as a CB, but if I'm looking an an overall prospect I'm going to look at the entire body of work. If you can't stay on the field it doesn't matter how talented you are.
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing that Mccaffery only did receiver drills at his pro day. What is his potential as a slot receiver?
SerenityNow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

615finest wrote:
Seeing that Mccaffery only did receiver drills at his pro day. What is his potential as a slot receiver?

Through the roof. Join the hype train! Laughing

Seriously though he's got a lot of potential as a slot receiver. He's got great hands and runs really smooth routes. He's a consistent matchup problem, because of his short area quickness. I said in the previous draft thread that his versatility is something special that could be a huge weapon for any offense.

Credit to thesickness89 for the signature!
2017 Adopt-A-Titan: Jonnu Smith & Khalfani Muhammad
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
From the last draft thread, for those of you that consider Lattimore an elite draft prospect or by far the best CB in this class.... Do his injuries not alter your view on him as a prospect?

One college season completely lost because of his hamstring and another where he missed the beginning of the season, tried to come back for a few games only to go back out because of his hamstring.

I like him as a CB, but if I'm looking an an overall prospect I'm going to look at the entire body of work. If you can't stay on the field it doesn't matter how talented you are.

The injury issue with Lattimore has been brought up before, and its something to consider. Teams will have to look at how they think his body will adjust with pro conditioning.

Hamstrings can be recurring, and I even previously shared an article where his coaches were afraid all season that the injury may pop up again whenver he overexerted himself.

It's part of the evaluation. For all intents and purposes, he looks like he could be a top 5 pick if injuries weren't a concern... as far as physical attributes and potential are concerned, he's up there where Ramsey was last year. With the injuries, he's probably top 10, depending what the medical teams have seen (they get a hell of a lot more info than we do) and how they think he'll react to pro condition.

Up to about a week ago, I made it known that liked Jones as the top CB... thought he was very close to the prospect Lattimore was without the injury history... then the Washington pro day happened. Moreau also suffered an injury in his pro day, and at least part of his season is in jeopardy as well.

As far as Lattimore, maybe the injury drops him out of the top 10... but at some point the value becomes too much, even with the tremendous depth at the position and with his previous injury concerns... What CB are you going to draft before him?
grizzans3222

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im down for the O.J, mccaffrey combo, but thats only if we trade down from 5. i dont want anyone that high unless garret falls lol.

Delanie Walker
Brice McCain
615finest

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're having a private workout for Ashland TE Adam Shaheen. Very interesting prospect but I doubt he's available when the 3rd round roles around.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts on McCaffery haven't changed... like I posted in Janurary:

Quote:
I never personally thought McCaffrey belonged with Fournette or Cook, and at this point he seems like a marginal 1st round prospect (although truth be told... if for whatever reason Robinson wanted to go back to the RB well, he'd be my favorite prospect, since he can do so much and differently than Murray/Henry).

I still see him as a marginal 1st rounder... 25+ ... so he'd be a slight reach at 18, but not monstrous. If it came down to a guy like Charlton/McDowell or McCaffrey at 18, I'd rather reach a little and take the guy who fills a need rather than a guy who might be ranked slightly higher, but at a deep position for us.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pass on those 1st round TEs, I'm looking at guys like Butt in the 3rd... and guys like Roberts and Kittle in the 4th. Both would seemingly fill Fasano's role from last year to start. Kittle is more like Stevens, one of the better blocking TEs in NCAA... but Roberts could be a guy who develops into a legit well-rounded starting TE. Besides, I'm still one who thinks we have a couple more seasons (maybe 3) of Walker playing at a high level. (And I also think that we have to see what we have in Amaro...)
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
If we pass on those 1st round TEs, I'm looking at guys like Butt in the 3rd... and guys like Roberts and Kittle in the 4th. Both would seemingly fill Fasano's role from last year to start. Kittle is more like Stevens, one of the better blocking TEs in NCAA... but Roberts could be a guy who develops into a legit well-rounded starting TE. Besides, I'm still one who thinks we have a couple more seasons (maybe 3) of Walker playing at a high level. (And I also think that we have to see what we have in Amaro...)

I love Kittle from Iowa.

I also don't think we have much with Amaro. But I'm guessing they will give him an OTA/Training camp with the team before giving him the boot.
koroly17

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream scenario would be Jamal Adams and McCaffrey in the first round . JR type of players. McCaffrey would be the exotic part of our exotic smashmouth offense and Adams is just a natural born leader the defense needs.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:
TitanSS wrote:

The injury issue with Lattimore has been brought up before, and its something to consider. Teams will have to look at how they think his body will adjust with pro conditioning.

Hamstrings can be recurring, and I even previously shared an article where his coaches were afraid all season that the injury may pop up again whenver he overexerted himself.

It's part of the evaluation. For all intents and purposes, he looks like he could be a top 5 pick if injuries weren't a concern... as far as physical attributes and potential are concerned, he's up there where Ramsey was last year. With the injuries, he's probably top 10, depending what the medical teams have seen (they get a hell of a lot more info than we do) and how they think he'll react to pro condition.

Up to about a week ago, I made it known that liked Jones as the top CB... thought he was very close to the prospect Lattimore was without the injury history... then the Washington pro day happened. Moreau also suffered an injury in his pro day, and at least part of his season is in jeopardy as well.

As far as Lattimore, maybe the injury drops him out of the top 10... but at some point the value becomes too much, even with the tremendous depth at the position and with his previous injury concerns... What CB are you going to draft before him?

I'm not saying it means that I'm going to take another CB over him, just that it really closes the gap for me. Instead, I suggest you don't reach for a position that is considered as deep as it has ever been when it is not exactly top heavy. Jones are Lattimore are the top of the class and both have major injury questions, and as you mentioned my #3 Moreau had an injury as well. So instead of taking a guy who may be on the sidelines, or suffer a performance decline because of the injury, you draft a player at another position. We do not have to draft a CB in the first round. We simply can if the right player is there. The injury for me pushes him out of the top 10.

I'm sure the studies are out there, but CB seems like one of the positions that busts the most in the first round, or the player simply doesn't live up to expectations. Day 2 guys don't seem to have a lower success rate than day 1 guys, when compared to other positions. There were 3 first round CBs in 2012 and all 3 of them hit free agency this year because their team didn't feel like they met expectations. Kirkpatrick was ultimately brought back, but he has severely underperformed throughout his career. Gilmore got a big deal with the Patriots after a year in which he was consistently burned. Claiborne, who was taken 6th overall and considered the best CB in the class, has been a bust his entire career and has often been injured. The next three CBs were taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds: Janoris Jenkins, Casey Heyward, and Trumaine Johnson. I know this happens for any position, I just feel like it is much more common at the CB position. The first round isn't a guarantee, so just because we reach on a guy doesn't make it a better solution than a 3rd round CB.

Using 2012, if we think someone could be a Luke Kuelchy or Fletcher Cox level player, we shouldn't reach for Dre Kirkpatrick just because we have a bigger need at CB. Hindsight is 2020, but I'm just using it to represent the grades I have on the current CBs compared to other positions.

While we're on the topic of injury, I finally looked up John Ross' knee injuries. He had the exact same knee surgery that supposedly dropped Myles Jack out of the first round on his first knee, and then had an ACL and meniscus tear on his other knee. That is a whole lot to be scared about. The draft is enough of a gamble as it is without history telling you the guy isn't going to be on the field. I think I'd have to pass on him at 18.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: