Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your perfect first four rounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Your perfect first four rounds Reply with quote

So it got me thinking with the Giants filling a bunch of their needs in the off season I think they're going to be primed position to really draft BPA. What would your perfect first four realistic rounds be? Project trades if you'd like. Here's how mine would look:

1st round- Forest Lamp
2nd round - Malik McDowell/Caleb Brantley
3rd round- Jarrad Davis
4th round- George Kittle

I don't think this is how the Giants will draft. I'd be surprised at this point if they didn't go defense in the first round however I think this draft is what gives them the best chance to succeed next year and in the future. What does everyone else think?

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a tackle more than a guard, but none of the tackles are worth the pick. I'm thinking we go LB
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Your perfect first four rounds Reply with quote

Davis wont last to the third, trust me.

Gmen1985 wrote:
So it got me thinking with the Giants filling a bunch of their needs in the off season I think they're going to be primed position to really draft BPA. What would your perfect first four realistic rounds be? Project trades if you'd like. Here's how mine would look:

1st round- Forest Lamp
3rd round- Jarrad Davis
4th round- George Kittle

I don't think this is how the Giants will draft. I'd be surprised at this point if they didn't go defense in the first round however I think this draft is what gives them the best chance to succeed next year and in the future. What does everyone else think?
telso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st round- TE David Njoku
2nd round - DT Caleb Brantley
3rd round- RB Foreman, D'Onta
4th round- OT Roderick Johnson
JerseyJSkriv

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Giants fans
I'm new to this so forgive me for any silly post at begin.
Here is what my perfect 4 rounds would be

1st round- Christian McCaffrey RB
2nd round - Ethan Pocic C he also play OG
3rd round- DAVIS WEBB QB if not available, we try to get J Dobbs 6/7th
we pick Conor McDermott OT
4th round- Julie'n Davenport OT
We need a better OL, then it doesn't matter who we have in the backfield.
These monsters will be opening some serious holes.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJSkriv wrote:
Hi Giants fans
I'm new to this so forgive me for any silly post at begin.
Here is what my perfect 4 rounds would be

1st round- Christian McCaffrey RB
2nd round - Ethan Pocic C he also play OG
3rd round- DAVIS WEBB QB if not available, we try to get J Dobbs 6/7th
we pick Conor McDermott OT
4th round- Julie'n Davenport OT
We need a better OL, then it doesn't matter who we have in the backfield.
These monsters will be opening some serious holes.

That's wayyyyy too much in OL and we don't need a C/G. This is a very strong defensive draft and a weak OL class. Seems odd to me to go OL in 3/4 rounds.
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have:

1. David Njoku, TE.
2. Caleb Brantley, DT.
3. Duke Riley, LB.
4. Marlon Mack, RB.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy if the first 3 rounds are on offensive players.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
JerseyJSkriv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Your perfect first four rounds Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
Davis wont last to the third, trust me.

Gmen1985 wrote:

1st round- Forest Lamp
3rd round- Jarrad Davis
4th round- George Kittle

I agree with you. But the 23 spots isn't a bad spot.
Only and only if still available: Giants grab and steal Peppers.
I have notice him going up and down on some of the mock drafts.
I think that would be insane but a steal for us.
Also if still available McCaffrey at 23 would be a steal as well.
But realistically, *Zach Cunningham OLB Vanderbilt
Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA for defense first rd or if its OL then either one of these two monsters *Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin
*Garett Bolles OT Utah
If we go DEF in 1st RD then 2nd pick should be*Roderick Johnson OT Florida State a great pick up at 55.
If we go OL in the 1st RD Then Giants grab Jarrad Davis ILB Florida
If still around in the 3rd RD we have to get Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech Great blocker, faster then Howard and Njoku.
4th pick should be OT Conor McDermott, UCLA
These possibilities would put us in good situation. i think anyway.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. David Njoku
2. Malik McDowell
3. Donta Foreman
4. Joshua Dobbs
IbleedBLUE24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. QB Pat Mahomes, Texas Tech

Reminds me of Big Ben in that he isn't an elite runner, but he is elusive, can pick up some yards while scrambling, and is a bigger, thicker body type that isn't afraid to shoulder into people while running. He has a cannon for an arm that he can unleash in an instant. What did McAdoo want from Eli? To live off the back foot, be ready to throw a dart at all times while being able to navigate an imperfect pocket. Be able to make something happen when the line breaks down. Be everything Manning has never been good at in his career. However, that's what Mahomes did at Texas Tech. Plus McAdoo runs a shotgun heavy offense that's not quite as spread em out as an Air Raid offense is, but is more similar to that system than it is not so this talk of his system being a hindrance to his development is hogwash as far as I am concerned. With Mahomes in the fold Eli gets one more year to make a run at his 3rd Super Bowl, and rights to claim that he is in fact the better Manning QB (haha just kidding) then it's off to Jacksonville to be with TC for his twilight years. I am not really that cold hearted, and Eli will retire a Giant at the end of this contract barring a decline in physical play (although the GB playoff game he was making all the throws...)

If he is available he may be the pick, and my main reason for targeting a QB round 1 being the reason why JR may take a QB round 1. That is the 5th year option 1st round picks come with. Very valuable for the QB position when searching for the heir apparent to someone locked in 3 more years. If Mahomes gets selected I think that by year 3 he will be starting (Eli retired or traded by JR at this point for real). Leaves you 3 more years of control before needing to lock up an extension. Wait till round 2 or later for a QB, if he is your future you'll have a year or 2 find out really.

2 (#34). TE David Njoku, Miami

Use the 3rd round choice to trade up with Jacksonville. For those ready to argue about how it would be wasting a 3rd round choice to move up, Reese waste 3rd round picks. It's what he does. Ed Valentine of bigblueview.com just detailed JR record in the third round with an article yesterday. He's better off trading it...

Comes down to Zach Cunningham or David Njoku. Personally Njoku is higher on the draft board than Cunningham, for me, so I went with him. OBJ, Njoku, Shepard, and Perkins provide Pat Mahomes with a solid set of young playmakers alongside him on offense.

4. WR Taywan Taylor, Western Kentucky

If Taywan Taylor falls to the 4th then the Giants just take the luxury pick as he is a tremendous player who is getting no love. Pigeon-holed to being a slot guy, I think Taylor can be an outside threat opposite OBJ in the long term future (Marshall being that guy for at least this year). Would be an outside deep threat in the mold of Kenny Stills, which wouldn't be bad for this Giants offense. Also currently the back up slot guy would be Dwayne Harris. I'd rather Taylor on the field should something happen to Sterling Shepard (knock on wood, but he may not need it as he seems tough as nails). All he did was produce at WKU his Junior and Senior seasons to the tune of 184 catches, 3,197 yds and 34 TD's (45 catches, 767 yds, 7 TD's as a Sophomore, 24 catches for 270 yds and 0 TD's his freshman year.) His senior year line of 98 catches, 1730 yards, 17 TD's comes despite the team losing their starting QB (Brad Doughty), TE (Tyler Higbee) and other starting WR (Jared Dangerfield) from his Junior year to graduation/NFL. Had a solid combine that I thought for sure would get him second round chatter, but the earliest I have heard is late 3rd for him so if available here I would laugh my way to the podium to steal him...

Leaves a little bit desired even for me as LB still presents a huge question mark after this upcoming season, and OBJ/Pugh/Richburg where the money needs to be focused next offseason. However, to me Mahomes and Njoku are the best two players on my board for the Giants (again I like Myles Garrett and Fournette, maybe in 5 years we can sign them away from Cleveland and what I believe will be NYJ for Leonard). So to get them both I would be willing to give up the chance of getting a different TE and LB combo rounds 2 and 3 by not trading up.
Ermertne

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) LB Hasson Reddick
2.) RB Donta Forman
3.) TE Jake Butt
4.) LB Duke Riley
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodaraw wrote:
I have:

1. David Njoku, TE.
2. Caleb Brantley, DT.
3. Duke Riley, LB.
4. Marlon Mack, RB.

I'm amending this

1. David Njoku, TE
2. Jarrad Davis, ILB
3. Antonio Garcia, OT/Marlon Mack, RB/Joe Mixon, RB/Donta Foreman, RB [I'm not sure if Garcia will last to the third. I think he should, but its a weak OL class so I could see him getting pushed up. I don't know if Foreman will last or if the Giants will draft Mixon, which they should.]
4. Nathan Peterman, QB

5. Jarron Jones, DT
6. Ben Milano, WLB
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

I'm on board with this unless an elite defensive player falls. Or just trade to get more picks. Razz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I'm on board with this unless an elite defensive player falls. Or just trade to get more picks. Razz

Like Reuban Foster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: