Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Cribbs retires a Brown.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ether

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Loved him as a player and as a person. He use to come down to Kent state and party and hang out while he was with the team. Really cool and approachable.

I wish we tried him out as a RB. Great with the ball in his hands. I felt like he was being misused as a WR.

I think he would of been fine at WR if he started getting reps there early but by the time we were desperate enough to actually put him there he had been a 2 way special team player for many years.

But honestly top 3 Brown I got to see in my lifetime, and easily the most dynamic with the ball in his hand.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also another thing that I think gets underrated.......not only was he one of the greatest return men in history....he was probably one of the best Gunners/Coverage men on Special teams ever.....he was the COMPLETE special teams type of player....a guy who you can devote a roster space to for special teams only......(I still have issues with devoting a spot to a long snapper...)

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Ether

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
Also another thing that I think gets underrated.......not only was he one of the greatest return men in history....he was probably one of the best Gunners/Coverage men on Special teams ever.....he was the COMPLETE special teams type of player....a guy who you can devote a roster space to for special teams only......(I still have issues with devoting a spot to a long snapper...)

Hell yeah his rookie season I think he was a long shot to make the team so he did everything just to be in the NFL. Perennially led the team in ST tackles when we put him there. I like to think he epitomizes Cleveland Browns football, the blue collar Cleveland aspect, not really the Browns aspect.

Not the biggest or fastest, but a huge heart. Fearless, determined, willing and ready to do anything to win.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
DaWg_LB. wrote:

Hell yeah his rookie season I think he was a long shot to make the team so he did everything just to be in the NFL. Perennially led the team in ST tackles when we put him there. I like to think he epitomizes Cleveland Browns football, the blue collar Cleveland aspect, not really the Browns aspect.

Not the biggest or fastest, but a huge heart. Fearless, determined, willing and ready to do anything to win.

Most amazing thing is he never did any of those things as an amateur.
zelbell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
I always hated that the Browns best player was a special teamer, but damn was he good.

All those crappy season start to blend together after a while, but I always remember wishing every players wanted to win and cared as much as he did.
our best player was always a special teamer but it wasn't Cribbs Wink

2016 Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
JammerHammer21 wrote:
(It's impossible to deny how good OSU has been Laughing)

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
This is better then the circus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: