You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion [DEFENSE]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO DO WE TARGET?
EDGE and more pass rushers
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
CB and then EDGE
30%
 30%  [ 12 ]
CB and more cover guys
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
A big on the DL and then CB/EDGE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Best Available (Off Included) and then CB/EDGE
33%
 33%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 39

Cadmus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
FWIW Phillips worked more with the DEs than Smoot did Senior Bowl week. Thought that was really odd. Would have had them the other way around.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that and thought it was a mistake on the part of Phillip's representation. If I were Phillip's agent I would've been campaigning Phil Savage to get him as many snaps as possible at LB.

Reddick's agent had the right idea.

There are still a few that think Phillips has a chance to sneak into Day 2. I think those people are completely nuts. He has a better chance to fall to the 6th than be selected in the 3rd IMHO.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you there. Smoot>Phillips by a mile IMO. I liked Smoot more last year, but you saw it a bit against Nebraska. I thought he was going to be the second coming of Shaq Lawson in 2015.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
With you there. Smoot>Phillips by a mile IMO. I liked Smoot more last year, but you saw it a bit against Nebraska. I thought he was going to be the second coming of Shaq Lawson in 2015.

I had mild expectations for Smoot at the NFL Combine and he still didn't meet them.

He just underwhelmed.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
justo wrote:

I had mild expectations for Smoot at the NFL Combine and he still didn't meet them.

He just underwhelmed.
I watched DL drills all week. Every single rep. I was ready to make excuses for Smoot if he made one splash play. It never game

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington CB Sidney Jones wrote a piece talking about his film prep and his ruptured Achilles

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/sidney-jones-achilles-injury-nfl-draft/
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
Washington CB Sidney Jones wrote a piece talking about his film prep and his ruptured Achilles

How he just looks around like he's just chilling for a minute is baffling. No pain, no wincing, no fear or concern. Damn. Either shock is a helluva thing or Jones is one tough SOB. Or both.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Shanedorf wrote:

How he just looks around like he's just chilling for a minute is baffling. No pain, no wincing, no fear or concern. Damn. Either shock is a helluva thing or Jones is one tough SOB. Or both.

I had the same reaction when I saw the clip a while back .. I think he's a tough SOB.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would attribute it to shock. It really says nothing about whether or not he is tough. One of my sister's friends in high school (and a former roommate of mine) got a compound fracture in his leg. At the time he was worried that he would get in trouble with his parents because it ripped and got blood on his new pair of pants. There are a lot of words I would use to describe him, he really is a very nice guy, but tough might be the last word on the list. That itself doesn't mean that Jones isn't tough, but this circumstance probably doesn't involve toughness one bit.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
I would attribute it to shock. It really says nothing about whether or not he is tough. One of my sister's friends in high school (and a former roommate of mine) got a compound fracture in his leg. At the time he was worried that he would get in trouble with his parents because it ripped and got blood on his new pair of pants. There are a lot of words I would use to describe him, he really is a very nice guy, but tough might be the last word on the list. That itself doesn't mean that Jones isn't tough, but this circumstance probably doesn't involve toughness one bit.

Yeah he said he didn't feel any pain and that's how he knew it was serious.

Then I've heard stories of grown men crying like a baby when their Achilles' gave out. Shock works its magic to varying degrees on different people. Just surprised Sidney didn't feel a thing.

lrs3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if I have missed it, but does anyone have a source for aggregated prospect age data?

Thanks
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Then I've heard stories of grown men crying like a baby when their Achilles' gave out. Shock works its magic to varying degrees on different people. Just surprised Sidney didn't feel a thing.

Full and complete tear/rupture can be less painful that a nearly full tear. The fiber that are still attached are under a LOT of load/stress and can cause a lot more pain.
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add Keion Adams to the list of visits.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Full and complete tear/rupture can be less painful that a nearly full tear. The fiber that are still attached are under a LOT of load/stress and can cause a lot more pain.

Gotcha. Thanks

PackOfLuck27

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each year I pick one player that I really like and then I try to follow them to see how they become. My most notable are Chris Jones, Preston Smith and Aaron Lynch.

This years favorite prospect is Derek Rivers. I feel that his burst and flexibility will turn him to really good pass rusher.
vegas492

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackOfLuck27 wrote:
Each year I pick one player that I really like and then I try to follow them to see how they become. My most notable are Chris Jones, Preston Smith and Aaron Lynch.

This years favorite prospect is Derek Rivers. I feel that his burst and flexibility will turn him to really good pass rusher.

I want you to follow his career in the Green and Gold as a second round draft pick.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 43 of 64

Jump to: