Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion [OFFENSE]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO DO WE TARGET?
RB then a developmental WR/TE
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
RB then a college OT to kick inside to OG
36%
 36%  [ 13 ]
Pass catcher (WR/TE) then RB
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Interior OL then RB
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
QB-RB and trade Rodgers for a couple of picks and a ham sandwich [HorizontoZenith school of thought]
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Doesn't matter--defense needs the love and attention of the Front Office
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
If I may be conspiratorial for a moment, it wouldn't surprise me if someone in Mixon's camp realized that Joe would not be going as high in the draft as was hoped and decided to drop a line to the media about this allegation. There's no real meat to it when you dig, but it does provide a convenient narrative explanation for why Mixon is still available later than we thought he would be last week.

The real sticking point that's going to lead to Mixon falling is that most GMs would need approval from their owner to make that pick, and NFL owners being PR-conscious businesspeople would likely be loath to give that permsision.

The quote in the article is from another article from February 9th though.

Did they get a hold of PFT to say run it again? Seems odd. I doubt that's the case.
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Perine over Mixon all day, twice on Sundays.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:

Like because of character or as a football player?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
accuser has since recanted the story on Mixon
"never happened" per the Dad who made the initial allegations

I'm hesitant to believe him. Timing is one thing. And in Mixon's case, we know he has it in him to behave that way. With that kid, where there is smoke, there is fire.

Of course, teams are investigating everything concerning Mixon, they know more than the rest of us.

Personally I was all for drafting the kid, until I saw the video. Now there is absolutely no way I want him on a team that I root for. Personal choice.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
But a few guys make no sense based on metrics they follow.

The metrics apply to draft picks, most of the UDFAs are just guys they liked on film.

Agreed. the metrics can only hold up for a small percent of players at each position. The late round/UDFA prospects might have 1-2 "threshold qualities" the GB tends to like, or something on film that stands out, or a specific package/ST ability.

Pirsig? I just threw up a little.

What the hell is the deal with that? He seems like such an odd dude for us to care about.
Chili

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

The metrics apply to draft picks, most of the UDFAs are just guys they liked on film.

Agreed. the metrics can only hold up for a small percent of players at each position. The late round/UDFA prospects might have 1-2 "threshold qualities" the GB tends to like, or something on film that stands out, or a specific package/ST ability.

What the hell is the deal with that? He seems like such an odd dude for us to care about.

I remember seeing him and I was like....why? Laughing

I honestly believe that he is a smokescreen for a late round prospect we're interested in.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
squire12 wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:

I remember seeing him and I was like....why? Laughing

I honestly believe that he is a smokescreen for a late round prospect we're interested in.

It's really freaking weird. I told someone he must have a relative on staff. I don't think that as a smoke screen will trick anyone.

Watch he'll go here now as be decent or something dumb after we laughed at him.

Any of you guys ever watch Voch Lombardi videos btw
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:

Has to be character, because when you watch these two Mixon is the far more talented player.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lolol Zay Jones

Packerraymond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
Lolol Zay Jones

You're actually taught that on the dual drags, for spacing purposes. That way if you're dragging a CB behind you in M2M coverage you get close enough to your counterpart to slap his hand, but not to impede his route. In hopes that the DBs collide and pick themselves. We did this at my school too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Lolol Zay Jones

You're actually taught that on the dual drags, for spacing purposes. That way if you're dragging a CB behind you in M2M coverage you get close enough to your counterpart to slap his hand, but not to impede his route. In hopes that the DBs collide and pick themselves. We did this at my school too.

That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't think I've ever caught it before. Though I wouldn't have noticed had they not did a replay.
Madtown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have any of you folks prepared a Packer's big board that you're willing to share? Some of you have spent way more time than me watching prospects, and I think it'd be fun to have a summarized version of your rankings for the draft. No judgments Wink
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:

Both. I think Mixon is probably the overall more complete back, but Perine just leaves it all on the field. He runs with so much power people are scared to tackle him. I think he would compliment Montgomery better, and would give us that player who can grind and close out games and wear down defenses. He's what we wanted Lacy to be. In addition he's more than willing in pass blocking. I've even seen some plays where it looked like the edge rusher let up a little bit because he knew he was getting smacked in the face by Perine as soon as he got close to the QB. Throw in the fact that he's a grade A human being, intelligent, well spoken, and a hard worker.

His game against Kansas was one of the most impressive performances from a football player I've ever seen. He wasn't running past them for 427 yards. He was physically dominating that defense every. single. play. They just could not stop him. There was one series that sold me on him. It was in the 3rd quarter with about 8 minutes left. 1st down, Perine gets the handoff and is immediately met with contact, grinds through it, fights off defenders, 2 yard gain. 2nd down, same thing. Perine pushes through defenders and is hit by like 4 people, 3 yards. 3rd down, Perine again. Grinds through players for 3 yards. At this point you're thinking there's no way he has any gas left in the tank. He's physically grinded through hits the past 3 plays and 8 yards. 4th and 2. Give it to Perine and he blasts through a hole like a cannon ball, gets behind the defense and sprints for a 47 yard touchdown or whatever. That game was insane. And he broke the FBS rushing record in 3 quarters and 3 minutes. And he did that as a true freshman!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Perine's game will translate all that well to the NFL, where he's playing against grown [inappropriate/removed] men. He's a situational rusher, a good goal line back, and a bruiser to change the pace. I don't see him as anything more.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 35 of 46

Jump to: