Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 NFL Draft Discussion [OFFENSE]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WHO DO WE TARGET?
RB then a developmental WR/TE
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
RB then a college OT to kick inside to OG
36%
 36%  [ 13 ]
Pass catcher (WR/TE) then RB
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Interior OL then RB
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
QB-RB and trade Rodgers for a couple of picks and a ham sandwich [HorizontoZenith school of thought]
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Doesn't matter--defense needs the love and attention of the Front Office
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 36

GoPackGo25

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

{Family Ghost} wrote:
I doubt the Packers would take Joe Mixon in round one, but both Cris Collinsworth and Mike Mayock have the Packers taking him. The guy is a stud as a football player .. probably about the perfect back for the Packers, but I can't see them pulling the trigger in round one. Round two perhaps? I probably would take him there. If he slipped to us in round three I'd sprint up to the podium.
Im probably in the minority here but I'd be happy if we took him anywhere, even the first. He'd add another dimension to this offense that is already loaded, and I'm not sold in Montgomery as a running back either.

Credit: TheDeeeeej
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
I think Perine is the perfect RB for us. Dude runs hard as a mother Fer and that's the only appropriate way to describe it. He keeps his head on a swivel when he's pass blocking and gets low to hit rushers off balance. He also did some lead blocking. Also, guess who was his lead blocker in 2014? Ripkowski. I think with him and Montgomery in the backfield our offense could be really dangerous. Throw in Bennett and Kendricks? I would seriously consider him at #61.

Love him too. Seems like an awesome kid as well.
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:
I doubt the Packers would take Joe Mixon in round one, but both Cris Collinsworth and Mike Mayock have the Packers taking him. The guy is a stud as a football player .. probably about the perfect back for the Packers, but I can't see them pulling the trigger in round one. Round two perhaps? I probably would take him there. If he slipped to us in round three I'd sprint up to the podium.
Im probably in the minority here but I'd be happy if we took him anywhere, even the first. He'd add another dimension to this offense that is already loaded, and I'm not sold in Montgomery as a running back either.

You may not be sold on Monty, but from all accounts, GB is....
No doubt that Mixon is a very talented runner, but he's a huge NO from me. He's just a terrible person. It is true that they can't all be choir boys, but I don't see the city of GB supporting a kid like Mixon.
And now there are rumors that his videotaped incident wasn't his first....
Regardless of talent and need, I'd run far away from that kid.
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Well, the Packers have had him in for a visit .. if they like the kid I guess I wouldn't rule out the Packers taking him at #29. Talent wise he's worth the pick for sure. It seems like it's safe to say that Mixon won't be selected in round one if the Packers pass. Maybe we look to deal back a bit, pick up some extra picks, and see what happens in round two. I do doubt he will make it past a team like the Bengals or Raiders in round two, but who knows?
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

No doubt that Mixon is a very talented runner, but he's a huge NO from me. He's just a terrible person. It is true that they can't all be choir boys, but I don't see the city of GB supporting a kid like Mixon.

Damn. Where you see that rumor?
vegas492

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/allegation-against-joe-mixon-from-high-school-could-affect-draft-stock/

Where else? Smile
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/19/allegation-against-joe-mixon-from-high-school-could-affect-draft-stock/

Where else? Smile

What the hell took so long for us to hear about that...wow
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Where else? Smile

And the father just recanted.
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accuser has since recanted the story on Mixon
"never happened" per the Dad who made the initial allegations
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
GoPackGo25 wrote:
{Family Ghost} wrote:

Where else? Smile

And the father just recanted.

The timing was all too convenient.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanedorf wrote:
accuser has since recanted the story on Mixon
"never happened" per the Dad who made the initial allegations

Or he just got paid...lol
Cadmus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:

It'll give something for NFL Teams to research in the days leading up to the draft. It will also be in the back of each NFL GM's mind that might draft him early.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:

It'll give something for NFL Teams to research in the days leading up to the draft. It will also be in the back of each NFL GM's mind that might draft him early.

I'm sure they're aware of it. The actual original portion of this that's being pushed as new news had already been out since February minimum. And they were likely aware of it long before that if it's indeed a real thing that took place.
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll trust the Packers to make the right call on this guy ... I'm fine with him or without him.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may be conspiratorial for a moment, it wouldn't surprise me if someone in Mixon's camp realized that Joe would not be going as high in the draft as was hoped and decided to drop a line to the media about this allegation. There's no real meat to it when you dig, but it does provide a convenient narrative explanation for why Mixon is still available later than we thought he would be last week.

The real sticking point that's going to lead to Mixon falling is that most GMs would need approval from their owner to make that pick, and NFL owners being PR-conscious businesspeople would likely be loath to give that permsision.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 34 of 46

Jump to: