Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post free agency mock
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Post free agency mock Reply with quote

After free agency we have filled positions of need at WR, and added to a stacked line. We have pieces we can move in Kelce and Kendricks.

Free agency

Andrew Gachkar OLB

Trades

Shariff Floyd from vikings for Jason Kelce and a 4th round pick

Floyd is on contract year with the vikings and they are willing to trade him instead of letting him go for nothing. He's a Philly native and will be a huge addition to our pass rush

Draft

1) Dalvin Cook HB FSU
He's a playmaker and I think he's going to be a great back in this league.

2) Gareon Conley CB Ohio
Tons of potential, fits scheme well.

3) TRADE Eagles trade Kendricks and our 3rd for chiefs 2nd
Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
Comes in gets some outside work this year and then when Sidney Jones gets healthy, he moves inside.

Browns 4) Sidney Jones CB Washington
Was my 2nd favorite CB in the draft until his injury. He has lockdown potential. Drops due to injury.

5) Eddie Jackson Safety Alabama
Terrific safety and will take over for Jenkins who is about to turn 30.

6) Carol Philips DE Illinois
Good passrusher that falls due to character issues

7) Freddie Stevenson FB FSU
Blocked for Cook and have a good chemistry. Doug wants a Fb in his system

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting Conley, Jones, and Awuzie would have me over the moon.

However, I think you are going to have to take Conley in the 1st round if you want him.
EagleDeegle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this a lot
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:

However, I think you are going to have to take Conley in the 1st round if you want him.

We will see, but I hear King is rising and teams view Humphrey and Lattimore the clear number 1 and 2 in this draft. I can see White, King going after them then Conley can fall to us Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

We will see, but I hear King is rising and teams view Humphrey and Lattimore the clear number 1 and 2 in this draft. I can see White, King going after them then Conley can fall to us Very Happy

I liked a majority of this except Conley, he uses his hands way too much n grabs a lot. Would rather go Tre'davious white or Teez Tabor in the 2nd.

I don't see Jones making it out of the 3rd someone will scoop him up prolly those damn browns with all there picks lol

Like the trade, although not really high on having another resign to worry about next year.

Not high on Cook either, I like em but I don't like em lol
TheRealMcCoy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

I mean its possible, but I just see him going somewhere before our 2nd pick like between the middle of round 1 to the first few picks of round 2.

Daniel Jeremiah had Conley going 10th to the Bills.

Todd McShay had him going 29th to the Packers.

I don't think he goes before our pick, but I definitely think we would have to move up for him.

Maybe do a mock where you have us trading up into the late 1st?

Yeah, it would cost us some draft capital, but we would be able to secure our guy and it also gives us a 5th year option on their contract.
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:

I liked a majority of this except Conley, he uses his hands way too much n grabs a lot. Would rather go Tre'davious white or Teez Tabor in the 2nd.

I don't see Jones making it out of the 3rd someone will scoop him up prolly those damn browns with all there picks lol

Like the trade, although not really high on having another resign to worry about next year.

Not high on Cook either, I like em but I don't like em lol

Fair enough. I actually think Conley needs to use his hands more at the line of scrimmage and he doesn't tend get a jam off, when he's capable too. When he does, he looks really good. But he lets the wr off with a free release many times making it harder on himself. Proper teaching can change this and when he does fix it, I think he will be a really good player for us. And for jones, you can never tell where a injured player would go. Achilles injuries are scary, especially for a CB. What don't you like about cook? Sets up blocks very well, has been explosiveness, I don't care what the combine says, game tape says different. He had a horrible oline and still was very productive this season, because of his vision. Mccafferey i don't think can be a back that gets 25 carries a game. Cook is a better runner and can catch too. Only thing about cook is he needs to work on carrying the ball and pass blocking. Those two are fixable things.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magross wrote:
I liked a majority of this except Conley, he uses his hands way too much n grabs a lot.

That's odd, because I thought he needs to use his hands more and this guy on YouTube that does film breakdowns said the same thing.
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
magross wrote:
I liked a majority of this except Conley, he uses his hands way too much n grabs a lot.

That's odd, because I thought he needs to use his hands more and this guy on YouTube that does film breakdowns said the same thing.

Read above lol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
I actually think Conley needs to use his hands more at the line of scrimmage and he doesn't tend get a jam off, when he's capable too. When he does, he looks really good. But he lets the wr off with a free release many times making it harder on himself. Proper teaching can change this and when he does fix it, I think he will be a really good player for us.

I started my post before your post, but walked away from the computer for a bit before posting and now I come back and see you beat me to the punch.

Glad to see we are on the same page here.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a real possibility that teams pass on the CB population in the first because of the depth and some really nice players fall. That happened in the last gm mock I did

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd has been dealing with a knee injury for 2 years. No thanks.
We're not taking Cook over Caff imo, which is why we haven't interviewed Caff and won't.
Conley probably won't be available at that pick.
3 cb's and then a safety all in a row is pretty silly.
Phillips probably would be an LB convert, because he's most likely not gaining the 20 lbs needed to play DE. I do like him a lot as an lb convert though.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
We're not taking Cook over Caff imo, which is why we haven't interviewed Caff and won't.
Phillips probably would be an LB convert, because he's most likely not gaining the 20 lbs needed to play DE. I do like him a lot as an lb convert though.

Floyd would be a monster in this scheme and he's healthy now. Conley like Pete said might fall because of teams liking other cbs more or just passing on them because of the depth. Well yeah when you need cbs and its your biggest weakness, I like the idea of taking 3 straight cbs in a deep draft. You can get other positions next year. Jenkins isn't getting any younger.They're all very good prospects. I do think Eagles will take Cook over caff.... Cook can catch just as well as Mccafferey and a way better everydown runner then caff in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Floyd would be a monster in this scheme and he's healthy now. Conley like Pete said might fall because of teams liking other cbs more or just passing on them because of the depth. Well yeah when you need cbs and its your biggest weakness, I like the idea of taking 3 straight cbs in a deep draft. You can get other positions next year. Jenkins isn't getting any younger.They're all very good prospects. I do think Eagles will take Cook over caff.... Cook can catch just as well as Mccafferey and a way better everydown runner then caff in the NFL.

Cook is a terrible person. Why not take the better terrible person, Joe Mixon, in round 2?
Also, we ain't getting Eddie Jackson in round 5.
We're also not getting Sidney Jones after round 3. He still might go in round 2.

2018 Draft: Saquon Barkley + Court Sutton #20 #92 Fire Doof Pederson.
Fly Eagles Fly
DeSean Jackson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
DeSean Jackson wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

Cook is a terrible person. Why not take the better terrible person, Joe Mixon, in round 2?
Also, we ain't getting Eddie Jackson in round 5.

So, what makes him such a terrible person

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: