Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Not A Mock but...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tano

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Not A Mock but... Reply with quote

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and I saw someone else post this trade in ROD.

What if the Rams are waiting for the Josh Gordon situation to be resolved.

And if he is reinstated, then the Rams could propose the following trade:

Trumaine and Barron for Cleveland's second and third round pick and the rights to Josh Gordon.

TJ and Barron would fit Cleveland's defense much better than our defense.

In addition, it would free up cap space to sign Zack Brown and hopefully starter or backups for the following position's (if any are left):

Center
Nose Tackle
Cornerback
Defensive End

Then we can draft the following:

2nd Round - Evan Engram and best receiver available
Third Round - Eddie Vanderdoes and best cornerback available
4th Round - Best Center available and Sidney Jones
5th 6th 7th Rounds - best player available (maybe an additional cornerback and outside linebacker for two of those four picks)

I suck at mocks so I didn't want to choose any specific players other than one's that a lot have discussed about in this forum and other forums.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean . . . sure, maybe? I wouldn't count on that scenario though. He was technically a RFA right? So if he does get reinstated, and it's past the tender deadline, does that make him Unrestricted?

But realistically, any NFL front office basing anything they are going to do on Josh Gordon's 2017 status should be fired for even thinking about it.

I'm starting to ponder what it would take to us to go up and get John Ross? That's the guy we need for this offense
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

I'm starting to ponder what it would take to us to go up and get John Ross? That's the guy we need for this offense

Im open to that thought I just dont think we have enough to move that high as I think hes a top 20 lock, more likely a top 16 pick.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly doubt that happens.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

Im open to that thought I just dont think we have enough to move that high as I think hes a top 20 lock, more likely a top 16 pick.

Pretty much. I won't be surprised if he's the first WR off the board, but honestly I'm expecting him the definitely be the second and if there's a WR that falls it's likely to be Corey Davis.

Reasons:
- Speed sells in the NFL draft. People seem to doubt that sentiment every year, but every year it proves true (and largely because it's something that gets reinforced in the league year after year enough to spur the line of thinking - e.g. Tyreek Hill last year). TLDR: If you run sub-4.4 and don't have glaring red flags, you're going to go in the 1st round.

- Davis - despite IMHO being the best WR in the class on tape - has two things going against him that, sadly, almost certainly will be held against him on Draft Day (again, GM's and FO's are creatures of habit): He's from a small school (and, IIRC, no small school WR has been drafted in the Top 10 or 15 since the 80's) and because of his injury he's not going to be able to run prior to draft, so teams are going to have to go off of speeds determined by times taken at school spring practices and tape (there is a way of calculating it based off of frames/sec relative to yards-covered/sec if there's enough tape of him getting free release on fly or go-routes).

As far as that "DeSean Jackson role" receiver though, I think people are going a little overboard necessitating that the player to fill it has to be a burner. Is there a minimum speed threshold the player needs to meet? Definitely. But what makes DeSean Jackson who he is isn't all speed and is just as much that he is exceedingly good at tracking the ball in air on deep routes. Players that excel at getting separation at the stem of their routes and tracking the ball in-flight can play that role in this offense - particularly since Goff doesn't appear to have the dose of Sex Cannon in him that Cousins does with the random spurts of FIIGD.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you on that. I think a lot of people either have forgotten or dont realize how good Corey Davis is. IF he somehow falls to 37 I would hope we waste no time in sending in that card.

And in regards to that DJax role... its my assumption that Tavon will be that guy no?

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Im with you on that. I think a lot of people either have forgotten or dont realize how good Corey Davis is. IF he somehow falls to 37 I would hope we waste no time in sending in that card.

And in regards to that DJax role... its my assumption that Tavon will be that guy no?

I'm not even bothering with Davis. Seems too unlikely he'll be on the board at #37.

I don't know what Tavon's role will be in this offense.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I'm not even bothering with Davis. Seems too unlikely he'll be on the board at #37.

I don't know what Tavon's role will be in this offense.

I think they'll definitely give him a go in the DJax role; he's being paid enough to merit at least seeing if he can succeed there before he reaches the portion of his contract where it's easier to get out from under (I mean, what do you have to lose?). But ultimately, I'd expect him to probably fit more into the Jamison Crowder role, at which point it will become a contest of whether Pharoah Cooper can show to provide comparable production at a significantly lower cost, which would give the Rams leverage in negotiations to push Tavon to either willingly take a pay-cut or get cut (2019 is more likely than 2018 but anything is certainly possible).

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

I agree, but was just saying in this hypothetic scenario that he would be available he would/should be the pick.

I feel pretty good with our draft position. Itd be really nice to have that 1st rounder, but 37 & 69 should land us some quality players.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
As far as that "DeSean Jackson role" receiver though, I think people are going a little overboard necessitating that the player to fill it has to be a burner. Is there a minimum speed threshold the player needs to meet? Definitely. But what makes DeSean Jackson who he is isn't all speed and is just as much that he is exceedingly good at tracking the ball in air on deep routes. Players that excel at getting separation at the stem of their routes and tracking the ball in-flight can play that role in this offense - particularly since Goff doesn't appear to have the dose of Sex Cannon in him that Cousins does with the random spurts of FIIGD.
All of this is why I really like John Ross. (I know it wont likely happen, but just thinking about him in this offense is an exciting idea) Yea the 40 time is the shiny object that attracts people to him, but its the rest of his game that make me really like him.

The way he runs his routes (the same way no matter which one he has), his tracking ability, his hands seem better than a good number of "Fast" guys we have seen. Its the whole package he has that reminds everyone of Djax, which would be really nice to have
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything that gives us Josh Gordon, I'm all for. And no to John Ross. Not another receiver under 6'1. We need to give Goff targets with a large catch radius besides Higbee.
RamPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
Anything that gives us Josh Gordon, I'm all for. And no to John Ross. Not another receiver under 6'1. We need to give Goff targets with a large catch radius besides Higbee.

I don't care how tall they are..I just care if they can play/contribute.

Half of the top 12 leading WR's in 2016 were under 6'1"
OBJ = 5'11"
AB = 5'10"
TY Hilton = 5'10"
Cooks = 5'10"
Baldwin = 5'10"
Landry = 6'0"

......I'd take any of those dudes all day long
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

OBJ = 5'11"
AB = 5'10"
TY Hilton = 5'10"
Cooks = 5'10"
Baldwin = 5'10"
Landry = 6'0"

Everyone of those players play with a large target opposite them or a TE in the passing game with the exception of ODB and the GIants. I'm not saying the large target needs to be the #1 option, but it needs to be available for Jump Balls, Redzone, Blocking, etc.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
RamPackFan wrote:
BStanRamFan wrote:

OBJ = 5'11"
AB = 5'10"
TY Hilton = 5'10"
Cooks = 5'10"
Baldwin = 5'10"
Landry = 6'0"

Everyone of those players play with a large target opposite them or a TE in the passing game with the exception of ODB and the GIants. I'm not saying the large target needs to be the #1 option, but it needs to be available for Jump Balls, Redzone, Blocking, etc.

You mean like 6'6" Tyler Higbee?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: