Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else notice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bagh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Anyone else notice Reply with quote

....that we still dont have a kicker?

I am a little gun shy about giving a late draft pick any of the kicking responsibilities.

I still have some residual hate left over from Matt Dodge.
bigblew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nugent
Scobee
Carpenter
The only experienced kickers out there unless I missed a couple. Who do we sign?
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The former kicker of the Cardinals maybe...? Cantazano (sp?)

bigblew wrote:
Nugent
Scobee
Carpenter
The only experienced kickers out there unless I missed a couple. Who do we sign?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else notice Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

I am a little gun shy about giving a late draft pick any of the kicking responsibilities.

Technically I think he was a UDFA?

I was kind of worried about Rosas too but watching some videos the kid does have a booming leg. Something we haven't had in a while. And his college stats show he's a touchback machine 76/115 66% (would be a vast improvement for us). His FG% 16/21 76% not so great though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catanzaro is on Jets. A kicker with a booming leg would be nice for a change.
bzane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else notice Reply with quote

bagh wrote:

Ohhhhh, I wouldn't worry too much. The Giants always manage to come up with a rag-leg kicker dependable for 30-yard field goals and short kickoffs. They're so confident in their defense that have no problem spotting their opponents a third of the field on a weekly basis.
bagh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone else notice Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
bagh wrote:

Technically I think he was a UDFA?

I was kind of worried about Rosas too but watching some videos the kid does have a booming leg. Something we haven't had in a while. And his college stats show he's a touchback machine 76/115 66% (would be a vast improvement for us). His FG% 16/21 76% not so great though.

Not to be a tool Shock, but I actually googled Dodge. 7th round pick at 221, and as for college stats, his draft year Dodge was a second team all american with a 45.8 yards per attempt average.

So please forgive me if I disregard Rosas college stats.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, a veteran will be signed to compete eventually. We only just freed up cap space with the JPP deal, which has created a domino effect of signings. Most teams already have their kickers so there is little competition to sign the veterans.

Even when they bring someone in, there is no guarantee that will be our Week 1 kicker. Guys will get cut at the end of training camp. If the Giants like one of them better, this entire conversation becomes irrelevant.

I don't mean to belittle the kicker position but if you don't have one of the top guys, there is little variance below that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: