Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bradley McDougald Questions and Info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mind Character

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Bradley McDougald Questions and Info Reply with quote

Hi all...Browns fan here. A lot of us are trying to figure out info on Bradley. Specifically, what are your general impressions of him as a player.

More specifically:

1. What's he good at? Is he an instinctive player that cuts it loose? Or is he a hesitant player that doesn't diagnose what's going on? Is he tough, well liked in the locker room, etc?
2. What are his limitations (his struggles)?
3. What is his upside? (can he be a special impact player or is he just a guy)

Thank you!!!

DJax and Mike Evans are going to be crazy. It will be interesting to see if Jameis takes the next step/jump this year...he's a baller.
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB

Last edited by Mind Character on Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a missile against the run. He flies in and cuts guys down pretty quickly. I'll miss that. He's average to below average in coverage. He makes plays against TEs every once in a while, but not often enough to be considered a plus.

I wish we'd brought him back.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
He's a missile against the run. He flies in and cuts guys down pretty quickly. I'll miss that. He's average to below average in coverage. He makes plays against TEs every once in a while, but not often enough to be considered a plus.

+1
quality backup Safety

only problem is we have 3 of those on our roster already so didn't need him back

hes a little on the older side to expect and sort of breakout, but again hes a solid contributor
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good run supporter. At times he can get in the backfield before the RB even gets the ball if he flies down the LOS fast enough. We asked him to play man coverage over the years on TE's and he's solid. He won't shut nobody down but he will be in position to make a play on the receiver and sometimes the ball depends on the situation. We really didn't have a good pass rush most of the time so I thought he did okay in pass coverage. The faster receivers can get behind him at times when he is playing the deep zone. He is a slow SS and sometimes doesn't get deep enough against speedy WR's. That said, he's a solid starter in the league. Nice role player on your team that won't do dumb stuff. He rarely commits penalties for hits or PI's. A player like him would thrive with a team with a consistent pass rush.
Mind Character

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:

We need a run thumping safety so that would be a great fit. We got destroyed by TEs so that's a plus as well. Thanks for the info.

LazyBoyFil wrote:

+1
quality backup Safety

only problem is we have 3 of those on our roster already so didn't need him back

hes a little on the older side to expect and sort of breakout, but again hes a solid contributor

Great...a solid contributor is an upgrade on our roster. Usually when we are looking to sign a player...the fans from the player's departing team usually call that player a bum so the word "solid" sounds pretty good to me.

indifference wrote:
Good run supporter. At times he can get in the backfield before the RB even gets the ball if he flies down the LOS fast enough. We asked him to play man coverage over the years on TE's and he's solid. He won't shut nobody down but he will be in position to make a play on the receiver and sometimes the ball depends on the situation. We really didn't have a good pass rush most of the time so I thought he did okay in pass coverage. The faster receivers can get behind him at times when he is playing the deep zone. He is a slow SS and sometimes doesn't get deep enough against speedy WR's. That said, he's a solid starter in the league. Nice role player on your team that won't do dumb stuff. He rarely commits penalties for hits or PI's. A player like him would thrive with a team with a consistent pass rush.

Thanks for the in depth break down. Sounds like Bradley is exactly what we need and an ideal solid stop gap safety until a special talent is acquired in the draft.

Linked to this thread from our Browns forum, and I speak for all of us over there when I say thanks for the info. I know people will be clicking over here to figure out what type of player he is.
2017 Draft Pro-Bowlers: Shaquill Griffin CB, Chidobe Awuzie CB, Antonio Garcia LT, Avery Gennesy OL, Vincent Taylor DT, Cole Hikutini TE, Godwin Igwebuike FS, Donnie Miles SS, Jeremy Sprinkle TE, Kai Nacua FS, Ahkello Witherspoon CB
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: