Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Giants re-sign Keenan Robinson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Giants re-sign Keenan Robinson Reply with quote

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/03/giants-to-re-sign-keenan-robinson
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear, now it just looks like LT, DT, TE, RB are the only major concern on this team, and the last three should easily be taken care of in this draft.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a very important signing in the sense that it gives us a lot more flexibility for the rest of the offseason.

It puts us in a position to go BPA in the 1st Round for TE, OL, DL, LB. I guess you can add RB in there as well but I just see that as less of a need.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
This is a very important signing in the sense that it gives us a lot more flexibility for the rest of the offseason.

It puts us in a position to go BPA in the 1st Round for TE, OL, DL, LB. I guess you can add RB in there as well but I just see that as less of a need.

Any OL at 23 will be a reach, dont really have a DL need aside from DT and none worth taking at 23.
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
GMENNATION wrote:

Any OL at 23 will be a reach, dont really have a DL need aside from DT and none worth taking at 23.

If there is no value in TE, OL, DT, and LB I would have no problem drafting a DE. I'm not interested in blindly relying on OO, Okwara and Wynn. We need as many quality rushers as possible.

Agreed that it's not looking like there will be value at OL or DT right now but you never know what could change by the time the draft gets here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atleast now we can take BPA...maybe Barnett or Taco fall to us in the first round if neither Njoku or Howard are there.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First signing we have had where I'm not crazy about the length. I'm really glad we got him back because I think he was an important part of the defense last year, but I would have liked to see a 2+ year contract. He's still young and stayed healthy last year.

I still think he singlehandedly won us the first meeting against the Eagles last year. His coverage skills are super important as well.

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
WiscoBlue21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even see how long the years were yet. Either way this will allow us to start Goodson at MLB, Casillas at WLB, Kennard at SLB and allow us to use Robinson on passing situations with Casillas.

This defense should be VERY good next year if we avoid injuries and we can get a third pass rush in the draft (Barnett or Taco) since OO and Okwara don't seem to fit that mold.

minutemancl wrote:
First signing we have had where I'm not crazy about the length. I'm really glad we got him back because I think he was an important part of the defense last year, but I would have liked to see a 2+ year contract. He's still young and stayed healthy last year.

I still think he singlehandedly won us the first meeting against the Eagles last year. His coverage skills are super important as well.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiscoBlue21 wrote:
I didn't even see how long the years were yet. Either way this will allow us to start Goodson at MLB, Casillas at WLB, Kennard at SLB and allow us to use Robinson on passing situations with Casillas.

This defense should be VERY good next year if we avoid injuries and we can get a third pass rush in the draft (Barnett or Taco) since OO and Okwara don't seem to fit that mold.

minutemancl wrote:

1yr/4mill
New LT [ ]
Micha Hyde[ ]
Dontrelle Inman [ ]
Calais Campbell [ ]
Malcolm Smith [ ]
Mike Gillislee[ ]
Kodaraw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodson has had two concussions so far, so a bit of a worry, imo.

Hassan Reddick, FTW!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: