Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Sign Josh McCown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Does anyone know who Hack has been working with this off season?

Same guy as last year, Carson Palmer brother I think.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://turnonthejets.com/2017/03/2017-new-york-jets-starting-quarterback-roadmaps/#more-36241

This is a really good read regarding the QB situation.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
http://turnonthejets.com/2017/03/2017-new-york-jets-starting-quarterback-roadmaps/#more-36241

I think Hack has a better chance of starting Week 1 then we think. Petty cant even battle for minicamp and such bc he will still be recovering from injury. So I actually look at it as a McCown vs Hack competition not a 3 way competition. I also think we would start Hack over any rookie we draft, even if its a 1st or 2nd Rounder. I think we'd redshirt whatever QB we draft like we did with Petty and Hack. I've stated multiple times that I think that Hack plays well enough to win the job. BUT.... we don't want to throw him in there right away, so we give McCown at least 4 games to play. We switch to Hack somewhere between Week 5-12 IMO. And then I have no clue if he plays well enough to hold onto the starting QB job going forward.
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I think Hack has a better chance of starting Week 1 then we think. Petty cant even battle for minicamp and such bc he will still be recovering from injury. So I actually look at it as a McCown vs Hack competition not a 3 way competition. I also think we would start Hack over any rookie we draft, even if its a 1st or 2nd Rounder. I think we'd redshirt whatever QB we draft like we did with Petty and Hack. I've stated multiple times that I think that Hack plays well enough to win the job. BUT.... we don't want to throw him in there right away, so we give McCown at least 4 games to play. We switch to Hack somewhere between Week 5-12 IMO. And then I have no clue if he plays well enough to hold onto the starting QB job going forward.

I hope you are right in saying Hack has a better chance to start than we think. I think come draft night we will all know exactly what TB and Mac think of him. They preach best player available, but its a different situation when it comes to the QB situation. I have lost faith in Petty right now so I think similarly in that it will be Hack v McCown. But a team doesnt draft a QB round 1 a year after drafting one in the 2nd round the year before unless they think hes a surefire franchise guy or the 2nd round is not going to work at all.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I agree 100%. If he shows something in camp, they'd be stupid not to go young and start him over McCown (assuming we don't draft another QB).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

If we grab Watson I think he starts day 1. Way more advanced than Hack at this point due to his lengthy college career. Turbisky is probably thrust into the competition and could be eased in if not ready Day 1.

I think we all want Hack to win but I remain largely skeptical he will win it.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

If we grab Watson I think he starts day 1. Way more advanced than Hack at this point due to his lengthy college career. Turbisky is probably thrust into the competition and could be eased in if not ready Day 1.

I disagree I think Hack is better than any QB in this draft class. I think if he stayed for his senior year and got to play behind a better offense like McSorley did he'd be the #1 pick. That's just my opinion though. I think no rookie or any other QB besides McCown might start before we start Hack. This is a big reason why I want us to stay away from a QB early in the draft. Hack can be our guy.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

I disagree I think Hack is better than any QB in this draft class. I think if he stayed for his senior year and got to play behind a better offense like McSorley did he'd be the #1 pick. That's just my opinion though. I think no rookie or any other QB besides McCown might start before we start Hack. This is a big reason why I want us to stay away from a QB early in the draft. Hack can be our guy.

Love the optimism but man he was god awful last preseason. Really hard to say he'll go from downright pathetic to decent starter in one off season.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Love the optimism but man he was god awful last preseason. Really hard to say he'll go from downright pathetic to decent starter in one off season.

He barely got any reps before pre season (he was 4th on the depth chart). So his pre season action shouldn't be judged that much. He also sat and learned for the last year, which could only help. So I don't think any of us should go by his pre season play or even his sophomore and junior season play at Penn State. He has all the tools to succeed its just of he can put it all together. I'd be very happy with a Carson Wentz type season out of him if he does in fact win the job and plays all year. Meaning he isn't going to light it up, but will show enough that he is the guy and will only get better and better. We as a fan base have to be more patient.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we really don't have anything to go off if we can't use his last two years at PSU and his last preseason.

I get he has the tools and I love where he is with the mental part of the game but again since we have nothing to go on it's impossible to know if he'll be ready week 1.

OTA's and preseason will tell a lot. He will need to be drastically improved before he's ready for regular season play.

I need to see something first before having that kind of optimism he can be a long term answer.

Props to Mack on the sig
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

He barely got any reps before pre season (he was 4th on the depth chart). So his pre season action shouldn't be judged that much. He also sat and learned for the last year, which could only help. So I don't think any of us should go by his pre season play or even his sophomore and junior season play at Penn State. He has all the tools to succeed its just of he can put it all together. I'd be very happy with a Carson Wentz type season out of him if he does in fact win the job and plays all year. Meaning he isn't going to light it up, but will show enough that he is the guy and will only get better and better. We as a fan base have to be more patient.

Soo we should ignore everything he's done since being drafted, and his last 2 years at school and just judge him by his freshman year which was like 4 years ago?Cmon now. I don't understand why people try and reach like that to defend him. That sounds ridiculous. And nearly every QB drafted into the NFL has all the tools. That's why they get drafted. He did a good job in running a pro offense but again that was 4 years ago and he was still inaccurate as a passer back then.

Thankfully we will get our "answer" on this kid this season. Even if they don't play him until week 10 I'd be cool with that. It's a lot to ask a player that was so raw/damaged that they didn't want to dress him to start week 1.

But if they draft Trubisky at 6 you can say the Jets are either lost, don't think much of Hack, or think Trubisky is too good to pass up.

If we had Hack, drafted Trubisky and still had the chance to draft Darnold/Rosen/Allen I would want them to do it. And if we still didn't have an answer we may as well just give up.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

Soo we should ignore everything he's done since being drafted, and his last 2 years at school and just judge him by his freshman year which was like 4 years ago?Cmon now. I don't understand why people try and reach like that to defend him. That sounds ridiculous. And nearly every QB drafted into the NFL has all the tools. That's why they get drafted. He did a good job in running a pro offense but again that was 4 years ago and he was still inaccurate as a passer back then.

Thankfully we will get our "answer" on this kid this season. Even if they don't play him until week 10 I'd be cool with that. It's a lot to ask a player that was so raw/damaged that they didn't want to dress him to start week 1.

But if they draft Trubisky at 6 you can say the Jets are either lost, don't think much of Hack, or think Trubisky is too good to pass up.

If we had Hack, drafted Trubisky and still had the chance to draft Darnold/Rosen/Allen I would want them to do it. And if we still didn't have an answer we may as well just give up.

Well if you know his story it's not far fetched. When was the last time he played in a pro offense when the HC wasn't altering his style, mechanics all with an awful oline? His freshman year!!! Which if you watch him as a freshman he looks like one of the better qb prospects in the last decade. So we know he can play. It's just if he was able to go back to playing naturally and get those bad habits kicked. Surely out coaching staff saw this and told him to go back to what he did as a freshman, meaning his last 2 years at PSU are kinda obsolete.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:

It funny but I'd do it too but honestly I haven't watched enough tape on Trubisky to have an opinion one way or the other. Was so anti QB this year that I never watched his tape.

If we go into 2018 with Hack, Trubistky and Rosen/Darnold I'd be ok with that. Sure we'd lose a 2016 2nd and two first rounders but as a team so desperate for a good QB if one pans out as a top 10 QB for the next decade I think we'd all be ok with that.

Hell maybe even two turn out to be good and we can trade one to re-coop a 1st back.

At this point I'm just so desperate for a franchise QB I'd literally draft one this year and next year to increase the chances.

Guess I need to watch some Trubisky tape to see how I feel about him.

Props to Mack on the sig

Last edited by Rockice_8 on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
NJerseypaint

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Sure we'd lose a 2016 2nd and two first rounders but as a team so desperate for a good QB if one pans out as a top 10 QB for the next decade I think we'd all be ok with that.

That's pretty much the going rate for a franchise QB anyway if you aren't picking #1 overall.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJerseypaint wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Sure we'd lose a 2016 2nd and two first rounders but as a team so desperate for a good QB if one pans out as a top 10 QB for the next decade I think we'd all be ok with that.

That's pretty much the going rate for a franchise QB anyway if you aren't picking #1 overall.

Only thing is even with all three you aren't guaranteed a 10 year starter. If all 3 bust we are screwed for the foreseeable future.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: