Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets Sign Josh McCown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bianconero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bowles just said there is a open competition in camp this year between all three QB's. Should be a fun TC/preseason at least.

lol I'm trying so hard to stay positive.
I wish I was still with you there

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Rockice_8 wrote:
Bowles just said there is a open competition in camp this year between all three QB's. Should be a fun TC/preseason at least.

lol I'm trying so hard to stay positive.
I wish I was still with you there

I'm at the point where I'm looking for Mock drafts that can give me more hope. Don't even have anyone really exciting to watch.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets should rebuild that running game completely (even though it wasn't terrible last year) and let Hack start and hand the ball off frequently at first like we did with Nacho, and give him more responsibility as he can handle it. Forte should not be getting more than a few touches a game that guy is slower than david harris. Draft a young back, and rotate him and Powell.

If we start the season with McCown and Forte starting in a year that is all about development, then I really don't know what else to say, we'd be dumber than dumb.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad it will be an open competition. We haven't had one of those in awhile. Closest we came was 2 years ago when apparently Geno beat out Fitz but then lost his job from getting punched in the face.

My prediction is still that Hack plays good enough to win the job but they don't let him start Week 1. McCown goes out and look below average and we put Hack in somewhere between Weeks 5-12.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Im glad it will be an open competition. We haven't had one of those in awhile. Closest we came was 2 years ago when apparently Geno beat out Fitz but then lost his job from getting punched in the face.

My prediction is still that Hack plays good enough to win the job but they don't let him start Week 1. McCown goes out and look below average and we put Hack in somewhere between Weeks 5-12.

I hope not. there is not positive about McCown starting, but it would be a typical todd bowels move.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
PaulieIceman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:

I hope not. there is not positive about McCown starting, but it would be a typical todd bowels move.

This is one thing I am worried about as well. if McCown plays better so be it. But if Petty or Hack earn it they should get the nod. Why go through a huge youth movement other than QB position, especially if one of the young guys earns it? If McCown gets it just because he has the experience, we are doing the same ol song and dance we did with fitz with no accountability for performance. I do like TB and think he can be a good coach, be he needs to show improvement and prove he can make the tough choices as well.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I leave Petty out on this bc he can't throw for the early parts of camp and his roster spot isn't even guaranteed if we draft a qb.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jets should rebuild that running game completely (even though it wasn't terrible last year) and let Hack start and hand the ball off frequently at first like we did with Nacho, and give him more responsibility as he can handle it. Forte should not be getting more than a few touches a game that guy is slower than david harris. Draft a young back, and rotate him and Powell.

If we start the season with McCown and Forte starting in a year that is all about development, then I really don't know what else to say, we'd be dumber than dumb.

I would say this, I have to think the Jets will draft a RB somewhere in this draft, but if one of the young QB's start early on, Forte will be usefull to understand the plays and protections until the rookie is up to speed.

BTW, if the Jets go RB early, I think Cook would be a great asset to a young QB. Good at blocking and receiving.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if Hack does start then Forte will be helpful in PA pass protection and catching out of the backfield. Powell can too but I doubt the rookie will step right in so Forte will have some use in that regard.

I'd expect a ton of run plays, PA short throws (big reason why I want Howard) and the occasional bomb since Hack throws that probably the best on the team.

They are going to keep it really simple early on even though he's probably pretty far along when it comes to protections.

Props to Mack on the sig
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Draft D'Onta Foreman, and rotate him and Powell.

Edited Wink
jetskid007

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was in favor of Jay Cutler and sitting Hack for another year, but it looks like the Jets are going with a Denver-ish blueprint. Hack/Petty/McCown is not too dissimilar from Lynch/Siemian/Sanchez and it's still possible we draft another QB. The main difference between our situation and Denver's is that McCown is a virtual lock.

Between the injury and learning curve, the deck is stacked against Petty. His issue is more football IQ related, which is an advantage that Hack has over him. Added reps for Hack should only diminish any separation Petty had. My guess is the primary competition will be Hack vs. McCown with Petty trying to fight for a roster spot, but anything is possible.
Bobby816

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know who Hack has been working with this off season?
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Ronnie Coleman

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Ronnie Coleman

LIGHTWEIGHT!!!!!
Mr.O

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
Mr.O wrote:
Bobby816 wrote:
Ronnie Coleman

LIGHTWEIGHT!!!!!

Aint nothin but a peanut

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: