Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders sign Jelani Jenkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightTrainLane

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
raiderrocker18 wrote:
1) check the news and see your team signed a player you literally never heard of. ever.

2) immediately see what rotoworld says about him. go back and read their old blurbs, until you get far back enough where they actually say some positive things

3) check for youtube highights

4) read old scouting reports

5) deduce that "this is a pretty good signing, he's an upgrade over -insert player you just lost- "

6) ????

7) profit

in my expert opinion there is no need for any of this nonsense you've written if you had actually scouted the player previously Wink

Don't bite my head off, just a question. Are you saying that you watched multiple Fins games and keyed in on Jenkins play?

Most don't have the time or interest to do that. Curious?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mct288 wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
If Ball is healthy, I don't see how it's necessarily an "easy" cut. Big if though
both could be easy cuts because Henney was a flop, and ball always gets hurt.. have to have players who are reliable..

Heeney is a flop, and is a fine cut in my eyes. But when Ball is healthy, he shows he can play. So far, he has been no harm no foul cause he hasn't taken up a roster spot. He may be waived/injured at some point, or he might not be resigned as a FA. However, he is most likely going to be a better player than those who are vying for the same spot as him, and as long as he can be active or hidden on IR, then I don't see a reason to cut him. He is cheap, controlled, and has upside. The team won't rely on everyone that makes the 53, so he's worth keeping around for now.
sure invite.. but if he gets hurt or beat out in camp then easy cut
RoyalMajesty51o

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:
Updated depth chat
WLB: Jenkins, Ball/Heeney
MLB: ??????, James
SLB: Irvin, Aldon/Cowser
Still need at least one LB... ball and Henry could be easy cuts too

Perry Riley is a likely re-sign based on Vic Tafur's reports.

I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.

Let me get this straight. You have Jenkins that's been banged up throughout his NFL career, Riley Jr. that got cut, no one wanted him, and finally got picked up off the streets during the regular season, Ball who's been injured throughout his college and short NFL career, Aldon who's a special kind of stupid, and Heeney who some of us overvalued, but you think Reggie won't address the MLB or WLB position until the 3rd or 4th round? Laughing
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Eddie Borsilli‏ @Borsilli 6h6 hours ago
More
Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room

That is best case scenario and I like it as a value signing. Think we still draft a backer and hope James and Ball can contribute.

I would also watch out for after draft cuts and waivers leading up to and in camp.

Our scouting has found and signed alot of guys this way. They don't all workout but we do find and deliver talent outside of the two main avenues.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Caplan‏ @caplannfl 20
Plus
New #Raiders LB Jelani Jenkins signed a 1-year deal worth $1m with $100k fully gtd. Another $1m available with incentives.

Synyster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:
Plus
New #Raiders LB Jelani Jenkins signed a 1-year deal worth $1m with $100k fully gtd. Another $1m available with incentives.

another quality deal here

although he is setting himself up for a malcom smith esque deal next year

NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this signing interesting enough his nfl draft profile comparison is nick roach hmmmm. jj is built more like a ilb imo

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyalMajesty51o wrote:
Rich7sena wrote:
DC4_Life wrote:
Updated depth chat
WLB: Jenkins, Ball/Heeney
MLB: ??????, James
SLB: Irvin, Aldon/Cowser
Still need at least one LB... ball and Henry could be easy cuts too

Perry Riley is a likely re-sign based on Vic Tafur's reports.

I see linebacker being pushed back to a 3rd/4th round need in Reggie's eyes.

Let me get this straight. You have Jenkins that's been banged up throughout his NFL career, Riley Jr. that got cut, no one wanted him, and finally got picked up off the streets during the regular season, Ball who's been injured throughout his college and short NFL career, Aldon who's a special kind of stupid, and Heeney who some of us overvalued, but you think Reggie won't address the MLB or WLB position until the 3rd or 4th round? Laughing

considering how little Reggie has invested in the position, its not too far fetched.
Darbsk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Synyster wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Quote:
Plus

another quality deal here

although he is setting himself up for a malcom smith esque deal next year

Agreed, this is a very good deal for a young player who's shown the odd flash but never proved consistently he can play at a high level. Hopefully he earns those incentives and finds himself a nice deal either with the Raiders or more likely with another team after the season and we scoop up a compensatory pick Smile
SBXISBXVSBXVIII

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
More
Text from someone I trust with the Dolphins.. (Jelani) Jenkins upside is pro bowl level but needs to stay out of the training room

That is best case scenario and I like it as a value signing. Think we still draft a backer and hope James and Ball can contribute.

I would also watch out for after draft cuts and waivers leading up to and in camp.

Our scouting has found and signed alot of guys this way. They don't all workout but we do find and deliver talent outside of the two main avenues.

This
riceraider8080

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
More

This

LBs I could see being traded during draft or let go after...

Mychal Kendricks
Rey Maualuga
Paul Posluszny/Dan Skuta
David Harris

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
More

This

Mychal Kendricks
Rey Maualuga
Paul Posluszny/Dan Skuta
David Harris

All those names make sense but not sure I'd want any of them over Riley. Not a hard no because obviously I can't really scout the guys but none of them move me enough to not sign Riley due to his play and acquaintance with the team and defense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1mil? That's it?

Reggie might not be acquiring everyone, but the guys he is acquiring he's doing with quality deals.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
riceraider8080 wrote:
SBXISBXVSBXVIII wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
More

This

Mychal Kendricks
Rey Maualuga
Paul Posluszny/Dan Skuta
David Harris

All those names make sense but not sure I'd want any of them over Riley. Not a hard no because obviously I can't really scout the guys but none of them move me enough to not sign Riley due to his play and acquaintance with the team and defense.
I would take Kendricks over Riley for sure. But I dont think that is necassary. None of those guys restrict you from keeping Riley. Riley restricts you from keeping Riley, Smile
drfrey13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i like this signing interesting enough his nfl draft profile comparison is nick roach hmmmm. jj is built more like a ilb imo

What I would give to get an ILB the quality of Roach after what we have seen since he retired. Roach is exactly what this team needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: