Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers Sign Coty Sensabaugh To 2 Year Contract
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Steelers Sign Coty Sensabaugh To 2 Year Contract Reply with quote

Ed Bouchette‏Verified account @EdBouchette now9 seconds ago
More
Steelers also sign CB Coty Sensabaugh

I don't much about him. I remember him a bit on when he played for the Giants since I live in NJ.

Guess he is going to be our lone FA CB signing......

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's more of a special teams guy from what little I've read. We need depth, I suppose.

Deadpulse on the sig
KofQ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Steeler move. Let's get a guy who has 2 career INTs to contribute to the secondary. These moves won't get us closer to a superbowl.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a good move 3 years ago.

Hahahahaha.

Jones' only chance is to go to Tenn. Otherwise he is flipping burgers this fall.
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like the Steelers just said screw it today and decided to started throwing discounted crap into their cart to get out of FA.
NFL.com-BELICHICK OUTCOACHES TOMLIN YET AGAIN
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
It's like the Steelers just said screw it today and decided to started throwing discounted crap into their cart to get out of FA.

Agreed, I know we didn't have a ton of cap space, but with the money we did have, we could have brought in some better talent.

This is what is separating us from the Pats. The Pat did have the money and were willing to shell it out as well as for making some smart trades. Plus they're probably going to get a top 11 pick when they trade Butler to the Saints.

AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...sigh...
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrade for ST for sure... but I don't see the point in that.
Steelers2014

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/akinkhabwala/status/843936150091980800 Agreed. Most likely our starting slot cb
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LayTheWood56 wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

Agreed, I know we didn't have a ton of cap space, but with the money we did have, we could have brought in some better talent.

This is what is separating us from the Pats. The Pat did have the money and were willing to shell it out as well as for making some smart trades. Plus they're probably going to get a top 11 pick when they trade Butler to the Saints.

Thats not what seperates the Pats from us. Not even close.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

In some respects it does. Yes, they have the better coaches, qb, etc. but we were one game from the SB and when you know you have to go through the Pats to get to the SB, there needed to be a sense of urgency to upgrade at positions of need. Of course, the Steelers have to abandon the concept of playing zone against them, but this is what I'm talking about. We could have went out and brought a player in during FA who fits the man concept scheme. Tomlin even said it during his press conference after the loss, we don't have the players to play man. Burns is a start in the right direction and you put someone opposite him, there's your chance to at least compete against the Pats.

My main gripe, the Pats went out and made things happen. Yes, they did lose some players like Jones, Collins, etc., but they also traded for Cooks, Allen, and Ealy and signed Gilmore and made a few other moves such as signing Burkhead. While we brought in Niles Davis and Sensabaugh. It just sickens me. And again, please don't tell me about signing Brown, Bell, Tuitt, etc. we could have still made that happen and bring in a quality starting DB.

armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading on Coty, it seems like he is more man than zone CB. Anyone have more insight? Steelers continue going after super athletes with this signing. His numbers are impressive. The first two picks in the draft will be telling of our defensive scheme next season.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

I tend to agree with both of you, but I don't think either are wrong. I think what the OP is trying to say is that the Pats have a knack of making smart personnel decisions, making the most of their cap space and I'm not sure of their cap space, but they were able to make multiple trades to fill voids without spending much money either.

In regards to 43, he's also right in saying theres a lot more that goes into it other than personnel movements.

Welcome to Sixburgh.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeezy55 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:
CKSteeler wrote:

I tend to agree with both of you, but I don't think either are wrong. I think what the OP is trying to say is that the Pats have a knack of making smart personnel decisions, making the most of their cap space and I'm not sure of their cap space, but they were able to make multiple trades to fill voids without spending much money either.

In regards to 43, he's also right in saying theres a lot more that goes into it other than personnel movements.

Thats what seperates the Pats from the entire NFL, not just us.

What seperates the Pats from us is primarily coaching. Brady too...but we have continously played into the Pats gameplan since 2001. Several years we had the superior all around talent and they still beat us.

If you want to praise the Pats for being aggrissive this year, thats fine....but this isnt what seperates them from us. This isnt their typical MO and they beat our butts regardless of who they have. As long as they have Brady and BB, and we continue to ignore that our typical approach vs them is garbage, we dont have a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers2014 wrote:
https://twitter.com/akinkhabwala/status/843936150091980800 Agreed. Most likely our starting slot cb

Don't do this to yourselves. He was atrocious on a very talented Rams defense last year. He was so bad that we cut him despite having no CB depth.

Any time we got a team to third down, you could count on Sensabaugh giving up a first down reception.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: