You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sayers suffering from dementia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Sayers suffering from dementia Reply with quote

Former Chicago Bears running back Gale Sayers, who became the youngest player ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame 40 years ago, was diagnosed with dementia four years ago, according to a story in Sunday's Kansas City Star.

I was just thinking about what he was up to last week. After his NFL career, he became a successful businessman and philanthropist along with being the athletic director at Kansas where he played college ball.

By far and away the best pure runner I've ever seen.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Sayers suffering from dementia Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
Former Chicago Bears running back Gale Sayers, who became the youngest player ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame 40 years ago, was diagnosed with dementia four years ago, according to a story in Sunday's Kansas City Star.

I was just thinking about what he was up to last week. After his NFL career, he became a successful businessman and philanthropist along with being the athletic director at Kansas where he played college ball.

It is hard to believe that he an Butkus were drafted in the same year. And then there is what we have been watching.
51to54

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sayers suffering from dementia Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
51to54 wrote:

It is hard to believe that he an Butkus were drafted in the same year. And then there is what we have been watching.

Don't forget. We drafted WR Gordon in that draft too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: