Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Combine Mock 2017

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26819
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject: Post Combine Mock 2017 Reply with quote

Free Agents…

QB…Ryan Fitzpatrick…

We have to learn our less from last season…Glennon will be our starter but if he goes down we can’t have another situation where we are relying on the likes of Matt Barkley…I don’t believe we value this QB class highly so grab a vet with starting experience in case worst comes to the worst…Fitzpatrick would be the best fit remaining out there.

DL…Sen'Derrick Marks…

This could be RJF who was in the building yesterday for a visit but I would say Marks is a better player who adds more pass rush to the depth behind Goldman & Hicks…would love Hankins but I doubt they spend the money.

ILB…Gerald Hodges…

We need to add as much depth to this team as possible and Hodges is a 26 year old athletic ILB who was productive last year as a starter and has plenty of ST experience…he hedges our bets with Trevathan’s injury and finally knocks Christian Jones off the roster.

Draft…

Round 1…



S…Jamal Adams…6-0” 213lbs…LSU…

This pick hurts to make…because the reality there are two outstanding Safety prospects in this class and knowing the Bears we will pick the wrong one…personally as an out and out talent I rate Hooker higher and think he has special traits but I think there is a bigger bust fact than Adams who is probably the safest pick in the draft…Pace & Fox will know we are in for a long season and Adams’ leadership and intensity on the field will hopefully energise this defence when times get tough…something we have been lacking for a long time…as a player he is extremely instinctive, aggressive and loves to hit guys…he is a natural SS in the NFL but in Fangio’s scheme he will be interchangeable and more than likely remind him of a better version of Eric Reid who he had in San Fran…for me that’s his floor…he could be our new Mike Brown…the Landon Collins comparison works as well.

Round 2…



TE…Evan Engram…6-3” 235lbs…Ole Miss…

Regardless of how you feel about the Mike Glennon signing he is our new starting QB (best Lovie impression) and we have to help the guy…when you let your best weapon walk in Alshon Jeffery and only replace him with the likes of Kendall Wright and Markus Wheaton you better have a better plan…Meredith played well last year and looks like a #2 WR…the big question mark is can Kevin White stay healthy and develop into the #1 WR he was drafted to become…that question mark means you need to hedge your bets by adding someone with a unique skill set who can be a matchup nightmare…Engram brings a skill set that allows him to line up inline, in the slot and potentially even outside as a WR…Engram could be a better version of Jordan Reed.

Round 3…



CB…Sidney Jones…6-0” 190lbs…Washington…

Let’s be honest we aren’t doing anything this year…we are a team who lacks both talent in terms of players and coaching staff and the likely hood is we will be looking for a least a new coaching staff if not front office next offseason…so why not add a top 20 talent at the top of the 3rd round with a view of him coming back 100% for the 2018 season?...Jones has all the traits of a #1 CB in the NFL…he brings size, length, speed, agility, intelligence & ball skills…the injury he has to overcome is no doubt a tough one but with advances in treatment and his youth I think long term we could have an elite player on our hands…reminds me a lot of another former Huskie…Desmond Trufant.

Round 4…



WR…Dede Westbrook…6-0” 178lbs…Oklahoma…

More help on the outside for Glennon…Westbook’s production last season was outstanding but inflated in the Sooner’s system…add in concerns over his ability to maintain weight and his off-field concerns including his injury history I think we could see Westbrook being available at the top of the 4th round…I wouldn’t expect him to start out as our slot received as Loggains could prefer Kendall Wright who he knows from his time in Tennessee but if he can adapt to a pro-style offence we could see him use his short area quickness to develop into a quality slot receiver…he also has the straight line speed to potentially add a deep threat to this team on the outside.

Round 4…



OLB…Trey Hendrickson…6-4” 265lbs…FAU…

Adding pass rush can never be a bad thing and that’s what we do her with Hendrickson…he will never be an elite speed edge runner but he is a player who shows great effort and who’s motor is always running…he could learn from the likes of Young and McPhee how to use his strength to overcome how lack of out and out athletic ability…Hendrickson is also an elite special teamer having blocked a punt and three kicks last season.

Round 5…



RB…Jamaal Williams…6-0” 210lbs…BYU…

Say hello to this year’s Jordan Howard…Williams shares a lot of the same traits as Howard…bigger back with really good feet who is tough to bring down with one tackler…he wouldn’t offer much change of pace as like Howard he lacks real breakaway speed but having two backs who can continually churn out 4+ yards a carry would be key for this offence which really should be built long term around being able to control the ball and run.

Round 7…



ILB…Jordan Evans…6-2” 235lbs…Oklahoma…

One of the most underrated defenders in the country…Evans has been highly productive and lit up his pro day with an outstanding work out…he would struggle to begin with in the NFL when playing the run but his athletic ability would make him ideal as a nickel backer and special teams ace.

UDFA…

H-Back…Colin Jeter…6-6” 255lbs…LSU…

Jeter has done nothing but block during his time at the run heavy LSU…he has experience of lining up in the backfield at FB and the size and length to play inline as a TE…adds some versatility and is another one of these rookies who stood out on special teams.

P…Cameron Johnston…5-11” 195lbs…Ohio State…

Last season we seemed to want to make Pat O’Donnell into something he is not by getting him to rugby style punt…if we are going to go down that road then lets pick up the best college prospect for that type of punting.

Depth Chart…

QB…Mike Glennon…Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB…Jordan Howard…Jamaal Williams…Jeremy Langford
H-Back…Colin Jeter
WR…Cameron Meredith…Markus Wheaton
WR…Kevin White…Josh Bellemy
WR…Dede Westbrook…Kendall Wright
TE…Evan Engram…Dion Sims…Zach Miller
LT…Charles Leno…Tom Compton
LG…Josh Sitton
C…Cody Whitehair…Hroniss Grasu
RG…Kyle Long…Eric Kush
RT…Bobby Massie

DL…Eddie Goldman…Sen'Derrick Marks…Mitch Unrein
DL…Akiem Hicks…Jonathan Bullard…John Jenkins
LOLB…Pernell McPhee…Trey Hendrickson
ILB…Nick Kwiatkoski…Jordan Evans
ILB…Jerrell Freeman…Gerald Hodges
ROLB…Leonard Floyd…Willie Young
NB…Kyle Fuller…Bryce Callahan…Cre'Von LeBlanc
CB…Prince Amukamara…Tracy Porter…Jonathan Banks
CB…Marcus Cooper…Deiondre Hall
SS…Jamal Adams…Deon Bush
FS…Quintin Demps…Adrian Amos…DeAndre Houston-Carson

P…Cameron Johnstone
K…Connor Barth
LS…Patrick Scales

PUP…Danny Trevathan

IR…Sidney Jones
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16486
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6860
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16486
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.


I will be floored if he does not draft a QB.

If Glennon struggles, which is a real possibility, going to Conner Shaw may get people fired.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6860
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.


I will be floored if he does not draft a QB.

If Glennon struggles, which is a real possibility, going to Conner Shaw may get people fired.


He'll draft a QB, I just don't think it will be in the top 3 rounds (assuming we don't trade down and acquire more picks).

There's a ton of defensive talent to be had in those 3 rounds (not to mention RBs and TEs), you don't give one of those up for Nate Peterman in round 2. I think Kaaya could fall to the 4th potentially.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16486
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hope we get to see Kaaya plays this year, it would be so fantastically bad.

I am not ruling out a QB at 3 at this point. Even with all of the defensive talent available. I would not be shocked if the Bears were in love with Deshaun Watson at all.

The defensive talent is so deep maybe you get a good player with the 4th round pick that is being tossed away on Kaaya?
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26819
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.


I will be floored if he does not draft a QB.

If Glennon struggles, which is a real possibility, going to Conner Shaw may get people fired.


Hence the reason we should sign a vet...

It's all good and well saying let's draft a QB in the top 3 rounds but this class sucks...it would be a waste of a pick and with so many other needs I just can't justify it...

Westbrook has plenty of off-field concerns but that is the reason we could take a flyer on him come the 4th round.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16486
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.


I will be floored if he does not draft a QB.

If Glennon struggles, which is a real possibility, going to Conner Shaw may get people fired.


Hence the reason we should sign a vet...

It's all good and well saying let's draft a QB in the top 3 rounds but this class sucks...it would be a waste of a pick and with so many other needs I just can't justify it...

Westbrook has plenty of off-field concerns but that is the reason we could take a flyer on him come the 4th round.


This class does not suck. It does lack a slam dunk top pick like Luck, but it is deep and has tons of upside.

I doubt we are ever taking a risk on a DV guy again after McDonald. In fact Pace has drafted 0 players with off field baggage.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 16486
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may all have to change our feelings of Peterman, because he could very easily be the Bears target at QB, especially if you believe reports of their love of him after the Senior Bowl.
_________________
John Fox
3-13 this season, 9-23 overall, 4-12 at home
Pathetic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26819
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
If the Bears do not take a QB in the 1st 3 rounds I will be literally in shock. If they do not take one at all I will be at a loss for words, especially considering Ryan Pace and his draft a QB every year mantra.

DeDe Westbrook has apparently had multiple domestic violence issues so doubt he is on the radar.


Don't hold your breath, man.


I will be floored if he does not draft a QB.

If Glennon struggles, which is a real possibility, going to Conner Shaw may get people fired.


Hence the reason we should sign a vet...

It's all good and well saying let's draft a QB in the top 3 rounds but this class sucks...it would be a waste of a pick and with so many other needs I just can't justify it...

Westbrook has plenty of off-field concerns but that is the reason we could take a flyer on him come the 4th round.


This class does not suck. It does lack a slam dunk top pick like Luck, but it is deep and has tons of upside.

I doubt we are ever taking a risk on a DV guy again after McDonald. In fact Pace has drafted 0 players with off field baggage.


No the class does suck...especially when you get outside of the top 3 guys and we can't afford to take a QB that high to sit him with our other needs...

Pace has drafted 0 guys with off-field concerns...and look where we are...choir boys win you nothing and as much as domestic violence is a disgrace we have to stop being naive when it comes to drafting guys with a past.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 6860
Location: World Championsville
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
I almost hope we get to see Kaaya plays this year, it would be so fantastically bad.

I am not ruling out a QB at 3 at this point. Even with all of the defensive talent available. I would not be shocked if the Bears were in love with Deshaun Watson at all.

The defensive talent is so deep maybe you get a good player with the 4th round pick that is being tossed away on Kaaya?


Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and truth be told I kind of hope we do draft another position other than Kaaya in round 4.

I think Pace is in on Glennon way more than we are acknowledging as fans.
_________________
topwop1 wrote:
My point is you can find a franchise guy like [Derek] Carr in every draft


"I thought it was a stroke of genius. You give [Pace] an A++++ for the move to get Trubisky. That was magnificient." - Bill Polian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Moderator
Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 26819
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I almost hope we get to see Kaaya plays this year, it would be so fantastically bad.

I am not ruling out a QB at 3 at this point. Even with all of the defensive talent available. I would not be shocked if the Bears were in love with Deshaun Watson at all.

The defensive talent is so deep maybe you get a good player with the 4th round pick that is being tossed away on Kaaya?


Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and truth be told I kind of hope we do draft another position other than Kaaya in round 4.

I think Pace is in on Glennon way more than we are acknowledging as fans.


Agreed...he is the guy for this year at the very least...personally I think he starts this year...we draft a QB high next year and sit him for a season with Glennon starting next year as well before the rookie takes over in 2019.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear...Adrian Amos
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
51to54


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 1796
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
G08 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
I almost hope we get to see Kaaya plays this year, it would be so fantastically bad.

I am not ruling out a QB at 3 at this point. Even with all of the defensive talent available. I would not be shocked if the Bears were in love with Deshaun Watson at all.

The defensive talent is so deep maybe you get a good player with the 4th round pick that is being tossed away on Kaaya?


Wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and truth be told I kind of hope we do draft another position other than Kaaya in round 4.

I think Pace is in on Glennon way more than we are acknowledging as fans.


Agreed...he is the guy for this year at the very least...personally I think he starts this year...we draft a QB high next year and sit him for a season with Glennon starting next year as well before the rookie takes over in 2019.

When your rebuilding plan takes 6 years, it's not a plan. It's the state of the management and of the team. Sheesh. Not only Fox, but 1/3 of the roster will be on Social Security by the time the 'plan' comes to it's conclusion.

Not arguing your point at all, but if Pace and crew are targeting 2019 then we should go with Barkley or Hoyer and tank 2017 at least so we'll get another very high draft pick. No sense in trying to fool the season ticket holders any longer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group