Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit signs DT Jordan Hill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Detroit signs DT Jordan Hill Reply with quote

Link

I don't know anything about him.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got your wish with some more help on D.

But I also know nothing about him and assume he will be cut before the season.
LionsFTW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
You got your wish with some more help on D.

But I also know nothing about him and assume he will be cut before the season.

Jordan Hill is not exactly my wish coming true. He was a 3rd round pick out of Penn State, and professional athletes with the name "Jordan Hill" have a history of busting.

I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see he has bounced around the league, and no sacks in the previous two seasons. Sounds like a keeper.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems he played well in 2014 for Pete Carroll and played decently in 2015 for the Seahawks before moving to Dallas and Jacksonville where he didn't play last season. He's young and will probably be fighting for a rotational spot. I don't hate the move.

DE- Ziggy Ansah/Cornelius Washington
DT- Haloti Ngata/Akeem Spence
DT- A'Shawn Robinson/Khyri Thornton/Jordan Hill
DE- Kerry Hyder/Anthony Zettel

Sig by El Ramster
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading the Seahawks forum, seems like Hill was expected to stay with the Seahawks last season but was cut by final roster time due to a hamstring injury. Seems like solid depth to me if he's healthy. I'm interested to see the number we're paying him for this season (I'm sure it's a 1 yr contract as most are by Quinn so far this offseason besides the two OL).

Sig by El Ramster
MrLionzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a penetrating DT. He left the Seahawks and then wasn't used properly. To often players go to teams who don't utilize their skills. Quinn is grabbing players who will fit into our scheme and our coaches will put him in a position to succeed not like most teams where they bring a guy in and try to change him and play differently. He needs to be in there on a rotation and during passing downs. He has very good burst and a high motor. No one questions the Pats when they sign people others didn't want. But they utilize that players skill set and he flourishes. Like I say all the time. Every players has their own level of greatness and it takes a great coach and team to get that players greatness out of them.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrLionzz wrote:
He is a penetrating DT. He left the Seahawks and then wasn't used properly. To often players go to teams who don't utilize their skills. Quinn is grabbing players who will fit into our scheme and our coaches will put him in a position to succeed not like most teams where they bring a guy in and try to change him and play differently. He needs to be in there on a rotation and during passing downs. He has very good burst and a high motor. No one questions the Pats when they sign people others didn't want. But they utilize that players skill set and he flourishes. Like I say all the time. Every players has their own level of greatness and it takes a great coach and team to get that players greatness out of them.

No one questions the Pats because they have a history of doing it, and have a staff in place that has proven they can get more out of some guys.

Quinn and Caldwell on the other hand don't have that goodwill built up. I hope you're right but he doesn't seem to have been that great in Seattle or they wouldn't cut him. He is a journeyman, and I don't expect much. He can compete for a job and I am glad to have competition because that does help bring out the best in people but I am thinking he is one of the last ones on our roster right now.
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

No one questions the Pats because they have a history of doing it, and have a staff in place that has proven they can get more out of some guys.

Quinn and Caldwell on the other hand don't have that goodwill built up. I hope you're right but he doesn't seem to have been that great in Seattle or they wouldn't cut him. He is a journeyman, and I don't expect much. He can compete for a job and I am glad to have competition because that does help bring out the best in people but I am thinking he is one of the last ones on our roster right now.

Not really a journeyman though. He played three seasons in Seattle and was a rotational DT. He was a final cut due to injury and then didn't latch onto a team last season. This is not saying he's going to flourish here, but he was productive in Seattle and last year was a trying year for him.

Sig by El Ramster
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a talented player who struggles to remain healthy. If he can remain healthy here then he has a chance to be in the rotation. He's a good athlete and a solid pass rusher, so we could definitely use someone like him.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

Not really a journeyman though. He played three seasons in Seattle and was a rotational DT. He was a final cut due to injury and then didn't latch onto a team last season. This is not saying he's going to flourish here, but he was productive in Seattle and last year was a trying year for him.

He has had 1 season in 4 that is worth talking about. He got to the QB a few times in one season, nothing in 15 and he couldn't get on the field in 16 with 4 different teams. Spin it how you want, he is a back end of the roster type player who if he makes our team its probably because of a lack of quality depth, not because he is a great player. Sure there is a chance that 5 other teams missed out on what he has to offer, but I'll lean with the percentages rather than expect the outlier here.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All hail Nnivolcm.

Team Stylish
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

He has had 1 season in 4 that is worth talking about. He got to the QB a few times in one season, nothing in 15 and he couldn't get on the field in 16 with 4 different teams. Spin it how you want, he is a back end of the roster type player who if he makes our team its probably because of a lack of quality depth, not because he is a great player. Sure there is a chance that 5 other teams missed out on what he has to offer, but I'll lean with the percentages rather than expect the outlier here.

No one said he was a great player. Laughing However, one year of trying to catch on with a team after spending the previous 3 seasons (your first 3 seasons of your career) with one team, doesn't exactly make someone a journeyman. A journeyman in sports is usually someone who moves around the league every few seasons. That's not to say he won't be down the road, but it's a little early in the process to throw that label on him.

Sig by El Ramster
Mikatron!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really know much about him until after the signing, but he seems to a least fit the size and athletic profile Austin prefers. With that we at least have some hope he can be productive in whatever capacity he plays in.

Side note; I really want us to go just about all in on defense with his draft, as long as we are not sacrificing talent for need. I personally hope H. Reddick is there for us. I might be a little enamored with his physical skill, but his positional backround is very intriging.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
MrLionzz wrote:

No one said he was a great player. Laughing However, one year of trying to catch on with a team after spending the previous 3 seasons (your first 3 seasons of your career) with one team, doesn't exactly make someone a journeyman. A journeyman in sports is usually someone who moves around the league every few seasons. That's not to say he won't be down the road, but it's a little early in the process to throw that label on him.

Semantics, but to me a journeyman is someone who has been on multiple teams in a short period of time. He has been on a journey to 5 different cities in the last two years. Either way he has not been good/worth keeping on a roster for two years. He had one decent season. That happens to a lot of guys. I am expecting nothing from this signing. Its a round out the 90 man type of move and hope to provide some competition. This is not a significant move to our team. it will not impact how we draft or who else we sign. That is all I am getting at. If I had to bet money right now, he doesn't make our roster next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: