Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Draft V.1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Mock Draft V.1 Reply with quote

With free agency slowing down I think its time we all start posting mock drafts to see who wants who.

Players who could still think leave via trade or cut:

Agholar (what could we get for him)

Kendricks (I kinda only want to move him if it helps us grab a difference maker) *he's worth 1.8mil*

Sproles or Mathews (I think depending on how the draft ends up one will be gone)

What I think the Eagles think on some players (some of this is in the threads)

Agholar and DGB: I think the Eagles view both with good potential as they are both only going into their third season and pay benefit with lesser roles.

Beau Allen: I think the Eagles trust him enough to be a 2 down run stuffer I live his size and the motor he has could end up being a good player for us.

Curry: With Barwin being such a fan favorite they wanted to see if he could earn his contract he couldn't they better let Vinny lose next year.

Bradham: While he got in trouble last year I don't think the Eagles will move on but I will say I think we need a SAM over a WILL in the draft because he played the WILL for Schwartz in BUF he might like him more there. Plus we only use 2 LBs 80% of the time.

Mills: I think the Eagles see him developing into a solid #2

Jenkins and Watkins: I think the Eagles if they can't find a true Nickel they will keep Jenkins there and let Watkins play S he showed improvement last season.

Draft Needs (in order)

CB
DE
RB
LB
WR
DT
QB

Mock Draft and Analysis:

Before I get into our pick I'll predict the picks before then.

CLE- Garnett
SF- Allen
CHI- Watson
JAX- Adams
TEN- Williams
NYJ- Lattimore
LAC- Hooker
CAR- Fournette
CIN- Thomas
BUF- Davis
NO- Barnett
CLE- Turbiski
AZ- Howard

(14) Now with our pick we Select Christian McCaffery RB/WR
With this pick it probably signals the end of Sproles.. Caff won't have to take 20+ carries a game with Mathews still here but he will get plenty of touches at RB, WR, PR, and KR. He will be able to grow around Wentz and will give us the best dual threat running back since Shady and Westbrook.

(43) While some teams reached for corners like Conley, White, and King in the first and a mix of Ts, Edge Rushers, and teams trading up to get QBs Kizer and Mahomes we sat at 43 and waited again and trusted our board.. We select Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado with plenty experience he should be able to come in and start acroos from Mills not a great tandem but they both have potential and get time to progress while we add more player in future drafts before we become legitimate contenders. Awuzie will add another player in our secondary that isn't afraid to mix it up.

(74) We select DE Dawuane Smoot Illinois I think this is the third time I mocked him to use he just fits the type of pick the Eagles make Senior and we visited him already and fills a need.

(114) We select CB Jourdan Lewis Michigan he take a risk on a player but it fills a position of need he could be pushed back further due to the assault charges but I take him here.

(139) We select DT Eddie Vanderdoes UCLA I had him in a previous mock 5 star player coming out of highschool has Albert Haynesworth potential under Schwartz.

(155) We select Jehu Chesson WR Michigan he has reliable hands and could very well take a roster spot off DGB or Agholar due to his special team prowess.

(194) We select Tyrus Bowser SAM Houston depth pick will fight for a spot.

(230) We select Alec Torginson QB PENN a smart plater and has some good movement ability should be a practice squad player and the 3rd QB.

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK in version too I will add trades based on what you guys like or dislike. Let me know what you guys think.
Jlash

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowser is looking like a top 100 pick at this point. Shocked if he made it to 194.

As much as I like McCaffrey I just don't see the Eagles taking a RB at 14. No one in our FO has ever been a part of a draft that's burned a 1st on a RB.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jlash wrote:
Bowser is looking like a top 100 pick at this point. Shocked if he made it to 194.

As much as I like McCaffrey I just don't see the Eagles taking a RB at 14. No one in our FO has ever been a part of a draft that's burned a 1st on a RB.

I didn't know that about Bowser I can swap him out for anyone the one pick I wasn't sure about

Never say Never I guess haha I'm fine whoever we get at 14 as long as they are a difference maker.
Phire

Location: #FSU #2012 Eagles HoF #2012 Gold Standard #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #DERWIN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Douglas was a part of the Ravens when they took Jamal Lewis 5th overall. Now obviously his involvement with the selection is unknown but he was a part of the franchise, presumably not being paid to do nothing, and they did take an early RB.

But aside from that yeah we're not really a team that takes first round RBs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Joe Douglas was a part of the Ravens when they took Jamal Lewis 5th overall. Now obviously his involvement with the selection is unknown but he was a part of the franchise, presumably not being paid to do nothing, and they did take an early RB.

But aside from that yeah we're not really a team that takes first round RBs.

Going way back on me, but yea I was counting times when he was actually likely to be part of the decision making.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get we might not be a team that takes RBs early but I'm not saying it was likely no one expected us to move up to the 2nd pick last year. If I mocked Jeffrey to us a month ago a year ago y'all would say I was craxy .. It might be unrealistic but its not impossible what is the thoughts on the other players drafted or what we could get for the players mentioned that could still move.. Is there any reasonable players we could still bring in? I plan on making more mocks before the draft and just want input. So RB is a no in the 1st
Nabbs4u

Location: 1st Ballot Eagles HOF 3x Gold Standard 09' /10 '/11' 2X ENBD/Pick em Winner Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting McCaffrey wouldn't be the end of Sproles but probably Mathews instead. Then all 3 of our RB would have the same or similar skillset. Thus not telegraphing on 3rd downs "Hey it's a pass" because Sproles is in. You could legit swap all 3 out as interchangeable. Besides could you imagine the endless possibilities of lining Sproles and McCaffrey up out of the backfield together?

Now Sproles would be gone in 2018 without a doubt but unless the Eagles were offered a ridiculous deal they couldn't ignore, he's going nowhere in 2017 regardless of who we draft IMO.

Bird Watch: TE Zach Ertz: 14Gm/ 106Tgt //78 Rec//812 Yds//4 TD//10.5 Y/R
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Drafting McCaffrey wouldn't be the end of Sproles but probably Mathews instead. Then all 3 of our RB would have the same or similar skillset. Thus not telegraphing on 3rd downs "Hey it's a pass" because Sproles is in. You could legit swap all 3 out as interchangeable. Besides could you imagine the endless possibilities of lining Sproles and McCaffrey up out of the backfield together?

Now Sproles would be gone in 2018 without a doubt but unless the Eagles were offered a ridiculous deal they couldn't ignore, he's going nowhere in 2017 regardless of who we draft IMO.

Didn't think of that.. Thanks that actually sounds better haha
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen worse drafts Laughing

Also, Mathews is gone. They just have to wait until he is cleared medically to cut him.

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
MemphisEagles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love McCaffery, like Smoot and Chesson. Meh on the rest. Filled needs but not with the players I would have chosen. 7.5/10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
I've seen worse drafts Laughing

Also, Mathews is gone. They just have to wait until he is cleared medically to cut him.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure what players do you like and dislike?
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MemphisEagles wrote:
Love McCaffery, like Smoot and Chesson. Meh on the rest. Filled needs but not with the players I would have chosen. 7.5/10

If you had to choose 2 who would u choose Agholar, Chess on, or DGB? And who would you replace them with?
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.eagles won't pick reggie bush clone.
FlyEaglesFly193

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
Lol.eagles won't pick reggie bush clone.

Idk why we wouldn't he went #2 overall and had the potential to be great just didn't live up I'd take my chances and say that Bush's boom rate was higher than his bust rate..
magross

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason Matthews hasn't been released is cause of the injury.

Hate McCaffrey just do not my type of player.

2nd pick is ok, although I prefer tre'davious white coverage skills are better and played real competition.

Would rather Sidney Jones with that 1st 3rd rounder

I love jourdan Lewis although hell be gone in the 2nd

Hate smoot not a fan

Vanderdoes too high of a reach for me, although I do like him a lot

Chesson isn't that good watched him at Michigan

Love Bowser although hell be higher I believe

Meh on a QB who u can sign as a UDFA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: