Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 Round Mock with explanations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nickpeloso17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: 1 Round Mock with explanations Reply with quote

1. Browns: Myles Garrett, DE
Obvious pick here, Garrett is an All-pro in the making. He could form a solid D-Line trio with Shelton and Ogbah.

2. 49ers: Solomon Thomas, OLB
Could go plenty of directions here. QB or S could be tempting, but the best player on the board here is Thomas. Could play OLB or DE.

3. Bears: Jamal Adams, SS
The Bears have their choice of a player here to improve their secondary, with Adams, Hooker, and Lattimore. Adams is pro ready and can start day 1.

4. Jaguars: Leonard Fournette, RB
After adding Campbell and Buoye in Free Agency, players like Allen or Lattimore won't be a high demand for Jacksonville. Picking up Fournette here would be a good choice to pair with Ivory/Yeldon.

5. Titans: Marshon Lattimore, CB
Could go anywhere on defense here, maybe consider a WR. Lattimore could line up across from Logan Ryan and give them a scary CB duo.

6. Jets: Deshaun Watson, QB
Jets fans won't like this pick, and I don't blame them. Malik Hooker or Jonathan Allen would be better picks, but I think the Jets pull the trigger on Watson. Hugh upside prospect they can groom behind someone like Jay Cutler.

7. Chargers: Malik Hooker, FS
Rumors are the Chargers love him, and I see his floor around 7. Would be a nice player to plug in back there with Heyward/Verrett to help an improving defense.

8. Panthers: Jonathan Allen, DT
I don't believe DT is then biggest position of need, but Allen's talent is too good to pass up on here. Could potentially move to DE. CB and OT can be filled in later.

9. Bengals: Haason Reddick, OLB
Combine warrior goes from a day 2 pick to a top 10 pick, he could move around on their defense and could become a big sack guy. Considered Foster here, but he could be another Burfict.

10. Bills: Corey Davis, WR
Losing Robert Woods and Justin Hunter hurts, leaving them with Sammy Watkins and Andre Holmes. Davis looks like Dez Bryant to me.

11. Saints: Taco Charlton, DE
Saints are rumored to want a pass rusher here, and they have their pick of Charlton or Barnett. Gut feeling they pick Taco here to continue rebuilding their defense.

12. Browns: Mitchell Trubisky, QB
Browns are going into the season with Cody Kessler as their starter, and could look to upgrade with Trubisky. Could become a Matt Ryan type player under Hue Jackson.

13. Cardinals: Reuben Foster, ILB
Cardinals could go anywhere on defense here, but Fosters fall stops at 13. Will replace Kevin Minter in the middle.

14. Eagles: Marlon Humphrey, CB
Eagles could look to trade down because the talent gap between corners doesn't drop too much from pick 14 to 40. If they stay put, they should look to pick the bet DB available with the WR position fixed in free agency.

15. Colts: Derek Barnett, DE
Colts could pick any position other than QB here. Rather than an offensive player like Mike Williams or Ryan Ramczyk, they pick the best defensive player remaining.

16. Ravens: Mike Williams, WR
Baltimore could really use a CB, but in such a deep class, they can pick afford to pick up the big bodied Mike Williams. Put him next to Mike Williams and Perriman, and you have something there.

17. Redskins: Dalvin Cook, RB
Redskins pick up Cook to pair with Fat Rob. Redskins need defense in the worst way, but Cook is a pro bowl caliber player behind this line.

18. Titans: OJ Howard, TE
Titans could pick any receiver they want, but OJ Howard has serious potential. He can come in right away and form a Patriots-type TE duo with Delanie Walker.

19. Buccaneers: Christian McCaffrey, RB
Tampa Bay doesn't have many needs, but with Doug Martin unlikely to return, they pick up the versatile RB/WR/KR that can push their offense to the next level.

20. Broncos: Ryan Ramczyk, OT
The rebuilding of the line started with Ronald Leary, and continues with Ramczyk to plug in at LT or RT.

21. Lions: Zach Cunningham, ILB
Cunningham is exactly what Detroit needs - an athletic LB that can get after the ball. Cunningham could easily go much higher than this.

22. Dolphins: David Njoku, TE
Miami is another team without many needs, and with Cunningham gone, they pick up the in-state TE Njoku. Him and Julius Thomas can be dangerous if used correctly.

23. Giants: Forrest Lamp, OG
Giants desperately need a LB, but they need an OL just as badly. They make sure they protect their QB in a competitive division.

24. Raiders: Gareon Conley, CB
Raiders look ready to make another strong run, but if anything is holding them back, it's their defense. CB is a big need for this team, especially if they plan on keeping up with the Patriots and Steelers in the AFC.

25. Texans: Quincy Wilson, CB
Considered Kizer here, but I fully expect Romo to be the starting QB next year, meaning they can wait on that. Wilson can help replace Buoye.

26. Seahawks: Cam Robinson, OT
Seahawks really need an OL, and Cam seems like a Pete Carroll guy. He's a little raw, but under the right coaching he could shine.

27. Chiefs: Jarrad Davis, ILB
With some of the top corners gone, they pick the best ILB remaining, even if it's a little early.

28. Cowboys: Jabrill Peppers, SS
After losing Wilcox and Church, the Cowboys could look Peppers to fill in that other safety spot opposite Byron Jones. Could also move around to LB and play with Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith.

29. Packers: Adoree' Jackson, CB
Packers defense has to guard someone if they went to compete. They repeatedly got torched by Atlanta and Dallas in the playoffs. Jackson is crazy athletic and would be a nice piece back their.

30. Steelers: TJ Watt, OLB
With the loss of Lawrence Timmons and James Harrison's age, the Steelers could be in the market for a linebacker. Watt could play inside or outside, and could form an athletic, dangerous duo with Ryan Shazier.

31. Falcons: Caleb Brantley, DT
The Falcons look ready to make another deep run in 2017. With the addition of Poe on the D-line, they finish it with Brantley. What was once a weakness is now a strength in Atlanta.

32. Saints: Teez Tabor, CB
John Ross will be considered to replace Cooks, but Tabor is too good of a talent to pass up. After adding Charlton earlier and potentially Malcolm Butler, the Saints are beginning to look like a well balanced team again.
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our FO seems committed to Developing Hack so I don't see us going QB until next year, Hooker or the best Available Edge Rusher would be the pick

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster over Reddick please. Too much of a project.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty damn good for the Titans. Lattimore's injury history scares me but damn is he an elite corner prospect talent wise. Him and Ryan and last years 5th round pick LaShaun Sims would make a damn good trio.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it.

Draft needs: Quarterback, Inside Linebacker, Outside Cornerback, Safety, Outside Wide Receiver
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davis or Foster would be better IMO

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
resilient

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love any mock draft with explanations, and for Dallas certainly a needed pick. Possible Boom or Bust though with Peppers.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Falcons look ready to make another deep run in 2017. With the addition of Poe on the D-line, they finish it with Brantley. What was once a weakness is now a strength in Atlanta.

Where as i like Brantley i don't see DT as a 1st round need at all anymore as we have some pretty good Dt's on the roster now.

Poe and Grady Jarrett are pretty much locked in as guaranteed starters for us.

Rashede Hageman, Courtney Upshaw, Derrick Shelby, and Jack Crawford are all legit DT depth for us that can also plays some DE when need be.

Im not against a DT in this draft maybe 2nd to 3rd round but not in the 1st round over much bigger needs that could use starting upgrades or legit starters. Edge Rusher, FS, or RG would all be great choices there for the Falcons over DT now.

Taarkist Mckineley -would be an amazing get here for the Falcons) He is a top 25 player and better rated player than Brantley plus is a bigger position of need.

Dan Feeney - Also imo a better rated player at a bigger position of need at RG. Although i take Mckineley easily here 1st.

Charles Harris - 1st round guy but not as good as Mckineley. still a better position at edge rusher.

Buddah Baker - Probably about same value as Brantley but imo after getting poe and jack FS is a bigger need upgrade over Rico who is our weak link in the secondary now at FS.
Nickpeloso17

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="FalconFan13"]31. Falcons: Caleb Brantley, DT

Where as i like Brantley i don't see DT as a 1st round need at all anymore as we have some pretty good Dt's on the roster now.

Poe and Grady Jarrett are pretty much locked in as guaranteed starters for us.

Rashede Hageman, Courtney Upshaw, Derrick Shelby, and Jack Crawford are all legit DT depth for us that can also plays some DE when need be.

Im not against a DT in this draft maybe 2nd to 3rd round but not in the 1st round over much bigger needs that could use starting upgrades or legit starters. Edge Rusher, FS, or RG would all be great choices there for the Falcons over DT now.

Taarkist Mckineley -would be an amazing get here for the Falcons) He is a top 25 player and better rated player than Brantley plus is a bigger position of need.

Dan Feeney - Also imo a better rated player at a bigger position of need at RG. Although i take Mckineley easily here 1st.

Charles Harris - 1st round guy but not as good as Mckineley. still a better position at edge rusher.

Buddah Baker - Probably about same value as Brantley but imo after getting poe and jack FS is a bigger need upgrade over Rico who is our weak link in the secondary now at FS.[/quote]

Completely forgot about Jarrett. I'll probably change that to either Charles Harris or Takk next time. And thanks for taking Crawford from us Confused
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Davis or Foster would be better IMO

Yes, they absolutely would. I'd rather even have Taco over reddick.
playboi24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives the Texans Patrick Mahomes at 25. No matter what happens with Romo, we desperately need to invest in a franchise caliber QB. Mahomes could sit and learn from Romo. I understand your reasoning on Wilson, but we still have Kareem Jackson, Jonathan Joseph and 2015 first rounder, Kevin Johnson at CB. CB is a need, but I cant see us using a first round pick on one.
Kyu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.O wrote:
Our FO seems committed to Developing Hack so I don't see us going QB until next year, Hooker or the best Available Edge Rusher would be the pick

Agreed.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. 49ers: Solomon Thomas, OLB

Best choice, if not going Trubisky.

Quote:

Wouldn't hate it, but I am underwhelmed.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1 Round Mock with explanations Reply with quote

Nickpeloso17 wrote:

With the signing of Poe, I don't see a first round DT happening. EDGE is the pick here. Willis, Watt or Rivers seem to be who they are honing in on.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With some of the top corners gone, they pick the best ILB remaining, even if it's a little early.

A lot early. Too much early. Peppers would be better and Tabor is fine. Even Brantley is better. Better yet, go QB. Give them Kizer.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: