You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TCM- Awards Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: TCM- Awards Thread Reply with quote

WELCOME TO THE TCM MOCK AWARDS!

Our Awards Ceremony will be held on Wednesday March 22nd at 10pm est!

Tomorrow evening I will post a google form with the nominees for each award and YOU THE GM OR TCM FAN can VOTE FOR THE WINNERS!

All votes will need to be in by 8pm est on Wednesday.

We encourage you to post acceptance speech posts or posts of rage for your award or nomination snubs.

Here are the award categories:

Biggest 6th or 7th Round Draft Steal
Biggest 4th or 5th Round Draft Steal
Best 3rd Round Draft Pick
Best 2nd Round Draft Pick
Best 1st Round Draft Pick
Best Value Free Agent Signing
Best Impact Free Agent Signing
Best Trade
Spirit of the Mock Award
Best Draft
Best Free Agency
Best Overall Off Season (Best GM)

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOMINEES

A lot of different teams/players/picks were nominated for each categories. I took the ones with the most votes where I could and just made judgement calls on the others

BIGGEST 6TH OR 7TH ROUND DRAFT STEAL
Brendan Langley CB New England Patriots
Devonte Fields OLB Jacksonville Jaguars
Kieonta Davis DE Philadelphia Eagles

BIGGEST 4TH OR 5TH ROUND DRAFT STEAL
Josh Jones S Denver Broncos
Rasul Douglas CB Philadelphia Eagles
Dalvin Tomlinson DT LA Chargers

BEST 3RD ROUND PICK
Carl Lawson DE Cincinnati Bengals
JuJu Smith-Schuster WR Buffalo Bills
Chidobe Awuzie CB Denver Broncos

BEST SECOND-ROUND PICK
Tre'Davious White CB New Orleans Saints
Gareon Conley CB Cleveland Browns
Caleb Brantley DT Arizona Cardinals

BEST 1ST ROUND PICK
OJ Howard TE Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Mike Williams WR Tennessee Titans
DeShaun Watson QB Cleveland Browns

BIGGEST FREE AGENT STEAL
Kenny Stills WR Miami Dolphins
Nick Fairley DT Miami Dolphins
Mike Glennon QB Houston Texans

BIGGEST IMPACT FREE AGENT SIGNING
Tony Romo QB Cleveland Browns
Le'Veon Bells RB Oakland Raiders
Kawaan Short DT Atlanta Falcons

BEST TRADE
49ers trade DE Arik Armstead to Colts for WR Donte Moncrief and a 3rd
Saints trade WR Brandin Cooks to Eagles for a 2nd and 4th
Patriots trade QB Jimmy Garappolo and a 3rd for DE Jonathan Bullard an a 2nd

SPIRIT OF THE MOCK
The Winner of this award should be the GM that was the most active, respectful, fun and timely during the mock

ny92jeffries
Forge
Trojan

BEST FREE AGENCY
Dolphins
Raiders
Colts

BEST DRAFT
Broncos
Eagles
49ers

BEST OFF SEASON/BEST GM
Browns
Dolphins
49ers

Please vote in the google form only DO NOT POST YOUR VOTES IN THE AWARDS THREAD

BIRD WATCH: "WR" Nelson Agholor //36 REC//365 YARDS//2 TDS//2 stone hands//1 crippling boneheaded pentaly//1 deactivation//1 tremendous waste of a pick

Last edited by EaglesPeteC on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOTE AT THE LINK BELOW.

DO NOT POST VOTES IN THE THREAD!!!!!!!!

https://goo.gl/forms/WT99DmRYTc6zehqF2

Last edited by EaglesPeteC on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calvin-Stafford

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of the Office references. This post is also a friendly reminder to both nominate and vote Calvin-Stafford across the board! Very Happy
Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have Razzis (spelling) for worst of all those categories?

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friendly reminder that it would mean more if you guys chose to give me the award rather than forcing me to go back through and edit everything so that it looks like I won

#1 ET Supporter
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

I'd prefer to keep everything positive

Counselor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Counselor wrote:

You're no fun. I'll do my own then and post it in here Cool

48 1/2ers wrote:

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Counselor wrote:

All the worst awards go to:

Denver Broncos!

Happy now? Laughing

Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesPeteC wrote:
Counselor wrote:
EaglesPeteC wrote:
Counselor wrote:

All the worst awards go to:

Denver Broncos!

Happy now? Laughing

I definitely know I wasn't the worst so...

48 1/2ers wrote:

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Counselor wrote:

Quietly followed mock. Cowboys GM.

/nominationsallcategories

Kiltman on the sig & avy
Trojan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I was supposed to give nominations or not (at some point I accidentally mass deleted all my PMs). Regardless maybe someone skimps out on their nominations or people are interested in another public perspective.

Biggest 6th or 7th Round Draft Steal
Jaguars - Devonte Fields, Edge
Giants - Marquel Lee, LB
Raiders - Nate Gerry, SS

These a tougher to grade, because I am not familiar with all of the late round prospects, but these are three I identify as guys that are in the 4-6 range. Devonte Fields freshman year at TCU was special minus the off the field issue. Devonte has redeveloped himself in community college and then Louisville and I think in the 6th round the Jaguars might be getting a starting LEO at great value. Nate Gerry is a hard hitting baller at SS that I believe has been overlooked. Gerry showed above average range, but for some reason has big pidgeon holed into being a in the box exclusive player with questions. I don't see that and believe he is developmental starter quality. Marquel Lee also fits the developmental label, but has starter upside. If he develops and improves his range a bit the Giants grabbed great value in the 7th with a future starter.

Biggest 4th or 5th Round Draft Steal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Carlos Henderson, WR
Washington Redskins - Samaje Perine, RB
Los Angeles Rams - Howard Wilson, CB
Cleveland Browns - Jamaal Williams, RB

Carlos Henderson is an ultra productive WR, but year year wondery from a smaller school. Henderson however looks to be a great complement to Mike Evans and gives Winston another option to take another leap. Samaje Perine seems to be overlooked due to the stacked class and splitting time with Joe Mixon. Perine has had insane performances as the workhorse though, including the most rushing yards in a game. Perine's ultra built up power build should fit the Redskins well. Howard Wilson has very overlooked raw skills and has the tools to be a starting CB selected in the midrounds. If he develops this is a fantastic pick for the Rams. Jamaal Williams also fits the tapering end of the deep RB class where they still have starter potential, great value in the 5th round.

Best 3rd Round Draft Pick
Cleveland Browns - Jaleel Johnson, DT
New York Jets - Antonio Garcia, OT
Buffalo Bills - JuJu Schuster Smith, WR

All three of these players I rate as fringe first round talents. Antonio Garcia has tremendous upside if he gains strength, which seems likely in a NFL conditioning program, and has top LT ability if it all comes together. JuJu should be a great number two beside Watkins in Buffalo and fits BPA nature of best selection of the round. Jaleel Johnson I believe is one of the best interior dlineman in the draft and fitting in behind Mo Wilk and Danny Shelton to play alongside Clowney seems insane value in round three for the Browns interior which historically has been run over.

Best 2nd Round Draft Pick
Pittsburgh Steelers - Joe Mixon, RB
Controversial sure. The Steelers lost a close contract battle for LeVeon Bell though, and Joe Mixon was great value to replace the star. Joe Mixon shares many of the traits and tendencies of LeVeon Bell and is perhaps the best plug and play replacement possible for the team. Mixon also has an argument for most talented RB in the class alongside high draft picks Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook (and McCafferey). The Steelers, however, milked the most value likely due to his Freshman year scandal and is one of the elite locker rooms and front offices capable of selling a reformed man.

Arizona Cardinals - Caleb Brantley, DT
After a bunch of trade downs, the Cardinals grabbed a first round talent to fill the hole left by Campbell in FA. The Cardinals grabbed value in a number of trades secure possibly the best BPA player of the draft thus far right before the Bears, Raiders and Falcons all of whom also could have had Brantley very high on their boards (he was #1 on Oakland's board).

Best 1st Round Draft Pick
Philadelphia Eagles - Sidney Jones, CB
At the time of the selection Jones was not injured, and the injury makes this a harder choice if people take that into account. However, at the time this was such an amazing value it was obnoxious. The Eagles selected arguably the best CB (an argument that could be made for 3 or 4 CBs) at 28 as the third CB selected in this deep talented class when the first two were reached for expecting a CB run that the Eagles capitalized on not happening. Great awareness of how the first round was playing out to be patient and extract maximum value.

Best Value Free Agent Signing
Texans - Mike Glennon, QB - Targeted in the first round he was signed for roughly 3mil a year. This is a starting QB and an upgrade over Brock (lol), that allowed the Texans to wiggle into a unique draft plan and target a QB at better value in the draft (Kizer). Glennon was a great round 1 snipe before other caught on that Glennon was among the best short term guys to secure early for cheap while other options had massive APY requests.

Best Impact Free Agent Signing
Raiders - LeVeon Bell, RB - This signing gives the Raiders already good offense a massive boost. Bell should help make this offense the top offense in the league.

Best Trade
New England receives:
1190 - Jonathan Bullard - 34DE
2nd round pick(#36)

for

Chicago receives:
1119 - Jimmy Garoppolo - QB
3rd round pick (#96)

Great balanced trade for each team. The Chicago Bears get Northern Illinois quick release franchise QB Jimmy Garoppolo, while the Patriots secure Jonathan Bullard, from Florida which develops versatile DLineman that Bill B always seems to value. The draft selection swap also feels practically on point which makes this the best trade of the mock for me.

Spirit of the Mock Award
I don't quite understand this award, but off what I interpret either Mike is a slam dunk obvious for hosting it, or anyone outside of the Dallas first GM for trading all the picks and bailing after overpaying on trades.

Best Draft
Broncos -
Quote:
Draft Picks
1.20- Forrest Lamp OG WKU
2.41- Malik McDowell DE MSU
3.84 (from CLE)- Chidobe Awuzie CB Colorado
3.97- D'Onta Foreman RB Texas
4.106 (from PHI)- Derek Rivers OLB Youngstown St
4.115- Josh Jones S NC State
4.128- Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
7.254-

Re-enforcing the lines early and then following it up with Awuzie who is a high upside addition to the No Fly Zone and Foreman who is a bowling ball that could start when CJ Anderson falters. Rivers Jones and especially Leggett could develop into starters, but importantly add depth to the shakier areas of a talented team.

Eagles -
Quote:
1-14- Corey Davis WR WMU
1- 28 (from Dal)- Sidney Jones CB Washington
3-75- Duke Riley LB LSU
4-108 (from Jax)- Rasul Douglas CB WV
4-114 (from Den)- Kareem Hunt RB Toledo
5- 150 (from NE)- Trey Hendrickson DE Florida Atlantic
6- 185 (From Cle)- Nazair Jones DT UNC
7-249 (from Dal)

Corey Davis is a great piece for Wentz to develop with (along with Cooks and Decker so Davis isn't over schemed against). Then Sidney Jones was a great needs fill preinjury, but remains a solid future at a weaker part of the roster and at the time was possibly the highest rated BPA and still a good selection post injury. Duke Riley, Rasul Douglas and Kareem Hunt all look to see heavy snaps in positions of need (Douglas as a need post Jones injury). Henrickson is a hell of a hard worker and over producer even if his abilities aren't elite and should make the team for a long time as good depth. Nazair Jones seemed to stand out when watching games for Mitch Trubiski and seems to be a good developmental penetrating 3 tech behind one of the game's best in Fletcher Cox.

New York Jets
Quote:
1.6 S Jamal Adams LSU- We really wanted Lattimore but he went at number 3, so we went with our number one player on the board. Adams is a leader for the secondary who can lay a whooping in the run game while being able to cover TE's and is an insta upgrade
2 38 CB Adoree Jackson - Jackson brings some much needed speed and athleticism to our secondary while doubling as a top flight kick returner
2nd round 51 Edge Tim Williams- A knucklehead for sure but the edge talent is something the Jets need. Compares favorably to Leonard Floyd on the field
Round 3 pick 70 OT Antonio Garcia - Super athletic lineman who should be helped by a nfl strength coach to add some bulk. I'm really excited to get him in the third.
Round 3 pick 94 TE Gerald Everett - I absolutely love Everett as I think he's the second most well rounded te in the class behind Howard. Needs to improve route running but is a willing and able blocker
Round 4 136- LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin- Uber athletic LB who has excellent coverage skills. Will need an NFL weight room but can be a nickel cover backer which allows Harris to just be a two down thumper at this point in his career
Round 4 138- RB Jeremy McNichols- Kid has three down potential and while not the most explosive back, he fits the Jets profile and has good receiving skills
Round 5 151 - Eddie Vanderdoes - DT. High upside with some injury concerns cause him to fall. Has had some huge games with flashes throughout college. After trading away Wilkerson, he fills a good rotational piece for inside and outside in 3, in the 3-4 line
Round 6 191 FS Jadar Johnson- Johnson is still a bit raw but he is one of the best center field safeties in the draft with his nose for the ball and speed on display last season. He struggles in run support and needs functional strentgh but should be an excellent compliment to Adams after a year of development

I left his explanations in as I like them, but the Jets went heavy rebuild, but their draft met those needs. A lot of solid selections throughout but outside of the secondary rebuild, these might be more developmental guys which fits what they were doing by being able to play now, but play great in a year or two. Only issue I see off the top is Adams probably has to play FS with the Louisville slugger being a lesser talent and needing to play SS. That's not a big enough reason to knock though and this is a good draft for the direction they took. Tim Williams is a top rusher as long as his drug issue was not endangering his ability to play.

Best Free Agency
San Francisco 49ers, switching defensive schemes means securing new linebacker corps, and the 49ers addressed it with Melvin Ingram at SLB, Malcolm Smith at WLB and Perry Riley at depth behind Bowman at MLB. These important moves where complemented by securing a 3tech in Stacy McGee and a LEO in Jabaal Sheard. This trio of defensive acquisitions all make sense to me as scheme fits as they transition to the 4-3 Under style defense. Offensively the 49ers grabbed Sam Bradford at QB, and Schaub to be a mentor in Shanahan's scheme and verbiage. Jacob Tamme also follow's the new HC over to help mentor the TE group in Kyle's unique routes and TE usage. I really liked how these moves all helped build the foundation of what the 49ers goals were.

Best Overall Off Season (Best GM)
To me this is the one category that most deserves a single candidate, and that is daineraider GMing the Cleveland Browns. For a franchise that has lacked a franchise QB since returning to the league, grabbing Romo for a injury bounce back backed up by championship QB Watson is very very good and the start of a successful turn around and a much improved version of what the Browns attempted last year with RG3 and Cody Kessler. After moving on from Crowell in trade, the Browns pre-draft appeared to be big on Duke Johnson, but that turned out to be a minor rotational piece as the backfield added do-it-all back Christian McCafferey and one of my favorite mid-late prospects Jamaal Williams to complement along with Duke. Doug Martin was an acquisition I didn't agree with due to his rehab and questions on return, but the upside as an addition to a young high upside group is fairly nice to have depth and upside if it pans out. Bennett as an possession force with speed all over the WR corps with first round pick John Ross, Terrell Pryor, and Corey Coleman seems like Romo (or Watson) will have plenty of options in the passing game and McCaff is also a consideration for catches as he excels in the passing game. It's a shame that Joe Thomas isn't around for the turn around, but Anthony Castonzo should be functional as well as Zuttah and Clady if he is healthy, doubt that Newton's knees hold up though.

Defensively though this team took off and that's what is so important to me while he simultaneously upgraded the offense. Mo Wilk and Clowney have no business being on the same defensive line ON THE BROWNS. Holy smokes that will be a beast to fight against for any team that does not have an ultra elite offensive line. Not only were the two trades on DLine A++++, he knabbed Jaleel Johnson at a phenomenal rate. The linebackers undertook a makeover as well as the secondary adding Kendricks, Beckwith, Conley, Revis, Reid and Mark Barron.

This is the "started from the bottom, and now we're here" team of the mock. Great job in my opinion.
EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Thanks. I did have some people get busy and not send me nominations so I'll use yours too.

I just got home from work so I'll start creating the doc for voting later tonight.

Voting will open tonight and close Wednesday at 8pm est

Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote is also for the Browns and daineraider. It helps when you have prime picks but he didn't make reaches and he built up his positions of need. Pretty impressive.

48 1/2ers wrote:

EaglesPeteC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a google form where you can vote on every award up soon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: