Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B Stan's Post FA Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: B Stan's Post FA Mock Draft Reply with quote

I would think it's pretty safe to say our FA spending is done. Our cap space available it limited and Tru looks like he is staying put unless we get blown away on draft day. We might see one or two minor cuts, but nothing significant.

We still have needs at C, FS, WR, TE, NT, linebacker depth. Luckily it is a deep draft with potential starters available as late as the 5th round.

#37: TE Ole Miss-Evan Engram. I think this kid falls into our lap and fills the Jordan Reed role in our offense. McVay loves using his TE's and he will pair nicely with Higbee. He will be our redzone target and a HUGE addition to our offense. Could even be considered our #1 receiving option.

#69: C Ohio State-Pat Eflein. Day 1 starter at Center for us. 6'3 303lbs. Great work ethic, played in the Big 10. Positive locker room presence. Another asset to an offensive line that needs a new attitude.

#112: NT Clemson- Carlos Watkins. 6'3 312lbs. Dominated our center Pat Eflein this year in the playoffs. Played well against Alabama. We can flank him with a rotation of Brockers, Donald, and Easley.

#149: WR Oklahoma Dede Westbrook. Rumors are spreading that his stock is dropping due to not participating in the Senior Bowl or Combine drills. He did not interview well. Some even labeled him as undraftable. Well I don't see this regime taking as many players with character concerns as the previous one did, but if they do only take one, I hope it is Dede Westbrook. Falling in the draft is a humbling experience for a top talent and hopefully this acts a motivation. He could be our Desean Jackson.

#189: S Northeast- Lorenzo Jerome- 6 picks in 2016. Kick return TD. First team all FCS and played well at the Senior Bowl. His size of 5'10 204lbs might shy people away as Safeties are getting bigger these days. Great instincts and ball skills.4.62 40yrd dash will push him down draft boards, but he may not even be here in the 6th.

#234:ILB Ohio-Blair Brown. First team all MAC. 15 TFL. 4.5 sacks. 128 tackles. Special teams guys that could surprise people as an ILB if Barron falters. Not going to wow you with size or pro day numbers.

UDFA: RB Wyoming- Brian Hill. THis is just a personal favorite. I would love to see him push Green and Brown for the 3rd Rb position. I have a feeling he will be a starter in this league eventually, but with a very deep RB class, he could be undrafted. Check some of his highlights.

Projected Depth Chart:

QB- Goff
RB-Gurley
3rd RB: Dunbar
WR:Woods
WR: Austin
TE:Engram
TE: Higbee
LT: Withworth
LG: Saffold
C-Eflein
RG-Robinson
RT-Havenstein

DE-Brockers
NT-Watkins
DE-Donald
OLB-Quinn
ILB-Ogletree
ILB-Barron
OLB-Barwin
CB- Tru
CB-Webster
SlotCB-EJ Gaines
FS- Joyner
SS-Alexander
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really an Eflein fan and to come out of one of the best CB drafts in recent history without one smells like a major fail especially when it's a big long term need.
BStanRamFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:
Not really an Eflein fan and to come out of one of the best CB drafts in recent history without one smells like a major fail especially when it's a big long term need.

Valid point. The deep CB draft could push some better prospects in areas of need to us in the later rounds. If Tru isn't leaving we have our #1. EJ Gaines proved in the past he could be an number 2 or slot. And Webster is a Wade Phillips guy with an opportunity he never had before. Also, deep CB class means UDFA's would be available. This is going to be built over 2-3 years and Tru's deal can be negotiated long term over the course of the season as well. I'm not overly concerned there.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it a lot. Especially Engram. Coming out with one later that Ive been putting off and it will include him because it just makes way too much sense.

Well done. While I agree that this is a talented CB class, it is possible that we dont take one early.

1. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
2. Dan Feeney, G/C, Indiana
3. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
4. Zay Jones, WR, ECU
5. Tim Williams, EDGE, Bama
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NVRamsFan wrote:

Why not? to me he's a starting Center from day 1.

Really like The Engram pick. Should be some really nice pass catchers there at the top of the second round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this scenario Smile ...Westbrook and Engram would really create some mismatches if we were able to pull this off! However, I do agree CB is a position that will most likely be addressed within the first 3 or 4 picks....just a feeling I have.
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
NVRamsFan wrote:

Why not? to me he's a starting Center from day 1.

Really like The Engram pick. Should be some really nice pass catchers there at the top of the second round.

After watching him get abused in the title game I rewatched some others and he just looks average to me. Not somebody I'm going to draft that early and plan on starting. Might be over reacting but he has had some bad games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: