Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Setting the table for a QB mock.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rampantjet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Setting the table for a QB mock. Reply with quote

We constantly talk about getting our QB of the future. That is the biggest more important thing we can do, but what about doing everything we can to make sure that said QB is in a position to succeed? Well, here goes.

Remaining Cuts:
Harris- I cut this guy every mock but I do really like him, it is just time. saves us 6.5 mill
Gilchrist- I mean... come on. He was bad, and suffered a really bad injury saves us 2.75 mill
Mclendon- Not a bad player but we have a ton of young talent at the position so he is not needed saves us 1.75

Money remaining (factoring Claiborne who isn't there yet) 30.779 mill

Trades:
Trade Sheldon for Dallas' 3rd. saves us 8 mill.

Money remaining 38.8 mill

FA:
Gerald Hodges ILB- Young versatile ILBer, good against the run, and good in coverage. Best of all he has been steadily improving. 4 mill per
Zach Line FB- Bruiser of a blocker who can also run and catch even though he wasn't given that chance in Minn. 3 mill per.
Josh McCown QB- Yawn. Doesn't move the needle but he is a good team guy and could be good in the QB room. This shows me they wanna give Hack a chance this year. 7 mill per
Mychal Rivera TE- Good pass catching TE that can be moved around and is still young 3 mill per

21 mill left over

Draft:

Jets trade #6 and our 5th to the Browns for #12 and #33 they move up for a QB. This gives us 6 picks in the first 3 rounds of a strong draft.

#12 Corey Davis WR- The I watch of this kid the more I think he is a legit WR #1 at the next level. He has it all, and I him not running a 40 could be great for us since he is still here. Constant production in college. This helps a young QB a ton.

#33 Budda Baker FS- A huge fan of this kid. He has everything but size, but reminds me of a Earl Thomas type of guy. We need this bad.

#39 TJ Watt OLBer- People might doubt that he would be here, but his injury history makes him slip a bit, but he is worth the risk for a team that has been in need of an edge rusher for a long time.

3rd(Ours) Ahkello Witherspoon CB- This kid has an "are you kidding me" combination of size and athleticism for a CB. 6'3 200lbs ran a 4.45 with a 40.5" vert, and has good ball skills. He needs to polish but has the raw tools to be absurd and match up with the leagues big WR's for years. He is only still here because this is such a deep CB draft.

3rd(Dallas) Joe Mixon RB- Ya ya, i put him in every mock, but as far as the point of this mock goes he is the best receiving back in this draft (yes better than Cooks) so he helps a young QB immensely.

3rd(Comp) Jake Butt TE- His rookie year might end up being a bit of a wash, but he could see the field sooner than some think. He stated recently that he would be back to full speed in mid August. Kid has the size and hands to be a security blanket TE. He might not run a crazy 40 like some of these TE's but he knows how to get open and take advantage of zone D.

6th John Toth C- A developmental C. Has the tools and if he develops a good C helps the QB a ton. We let Johnson play this year if he beats this kid out.

7th Ben Boulware ILB- Will be a beast on ST right off the bat, and a quality back up behind Hodges and Lee. He will also be a heck of a locker room guy, which we need.

This draft helps set the table for whoever our QB of the future is. If Hack needs to step in and play this year he won't have the Geno Smith no weapons excuse. If Hack doesn't turn out to be our guy and we "suck for Sam" then we have set the table for Darnold to have a nice offense next year . A WR corps of Davis, Enunwa, Anderson, (possibly) Decker, Marshall, Smith, Peake is really nice. We would have Butt, Rivera, and ASJ at TE and could run a ton of 2 TE sets and cause mismatches all over the place. Powell, Mixon and Forte are all great pass catching backs and can help a young QB a ton.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I hate McCown, this is really good.

JETS . HEAT . ATLANTA UNITED FC . UCLA/GEORGIA STATE .
Mr.O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Corey Davis so I would be good with this.

Props to CL on the

Carson Wentz/Noah Spence Bandwagon
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched tape on Budda Baker, love his play style. If we decide to go RB or TE in round 1 then I'm 100% cool with snagging him in the 2nd.
Fournette/Adams/Hooker/Howard @ #6
rampantjet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
I just watched tape on Budda Baker, love his play style. If we decide to go RB or TE in round 1 then I'm 100% cool with snagging him in the 2nd.

He's the type of guy that adds excitement to a defense, and we need all the excitement we can get.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great mock I just have a hard time believing that it is even remotely possible.

First the CLE trade is doubtful
Watt at 39 is who I really want but it would be a miracle if he was there.
Same with Witherspoon who we'd probably need to snag at #39
Someone will bite the bullet on Mixon late 2nd early 3rd I think. Just too talented.

I hope I'm wrong though because this would be awesome.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it I just don't think Mixon will last that long. We're in a bad spot to try and get him unless we trade up into the back 1/2 of Round 2. I don't think he makes it to 70. He's apparently doing great in interviews, so a team will take a chance on him in the 1st 2 Rounds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: