Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Laquon Treadwell: Year2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
vikings209 wrote:
Cris Carter had a horrible rookie season too (5 rec for 38 yds) and he went on to be one of the best of all time. There's plenty of time for Treadwell to turn it around.

Not the best example, considering all the "extracurricular activities" he was involved in.

Anyway, I think people are way too quick to judge nowadays. They think if they aren't starting and producing right away, they're garbage. What we should expect from Laquon is progress. We should see him contributing this year...if he can contribute the same amount of catches as Cordarrelle did last year, that's fine. Anything more than that, that's gravy.

Why, when rookies are starting all over the league, is this good? I don't understand your low expectations. Help me understand.

I don't believe I have low expectations, but I believe in patience. Just because they are "starting all over the league" does that mean they are good? That Josh Doctson, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman and Phillip Dorsett, they are awesome WRs, aren't they?

Demaryius Thomas was non-existent for his first 2 years and is now one of the better WRs in the NFL.

It's okay to not be like many others and force rookies to play early even if they aren't ready. To even use the example of our nemesis' to the East, their star WR, Jordy Nelson started a whopping total of 6 games in his first 3 years in the league.

Thx to Lil Uno!
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
vikings209 wrote:
Cris Carter had a horrible rookie season too (5 rec for 38 yds) and he went on to be one of the best of all time. There's plenty of time for Treadwell to turn it around.

Not the best example, considering all the "extracurricular activities" he was involved in.

Anyway, I think people are way too quick to judge nowadays. They think if they aren't starting and producing right away, they're garbage. What we should expect from Laquon is progress. We should see him contributing this year...if he can contribute the same amount of catches as Cordarrelle did last year, that's fine. Anything more than that, that's gravy.

Why, when rookies are starting all over the league, is this good? I don't understand your low expectations. Help me understand.

I don't believe I have low expectations, but I believe in patience. Just because they are "starting all over the league" does that mean they are good? That Josh Doctson, DeVante Parker, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman and Phillip Dorsett, they are awesome WRs, aren't they?

Demaryius Thomas was non-existent for his first 2 years and is now one of the better WRs in the NFL.

It's okay to not be like many others and force rookies to play early even if they aren't ready. To even use the example of our nemesis' to the East, their star WR, Jordy Nelson started a whopping total of 6 games in his first 3 years in the league.

every playoff team had one or more rookie starters last year. Every. Single. One. Were they all just supidly impatient fans?
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
disaacs wrote:
vikings209 wrote:

every playoff team had one or more rookie starters last year. Every. Single. One. Were they all just supidly impatient fans?

Rookie WRs? Positions matter. It is much harder for a rookie WR or CB to start than it is for a rookie RB or LB.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NE had a rookie WR make 6 starts.
NYG had a rookie CB start.
I think ATL had a CB or S, can't recall which he was.

That's threeI can think of off hte top of my head.

Can't we just admit that the Vikings don't like to play rookies, even though every playoff team did last year, and that the draft wasn't exactly stellar last year?
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

Can't we just admit that the Vikings don't like to play rookies, even though every playoff team did last year, and that the draft wasn't exactly stellar last year?

Hunter, Kendricks, Barr, McKinnon, Diggs, Stephen all played and contributed as rookies... Last year was an anomoly. So what if they don't start?

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing that the rookie class last year was good. They are saying that we don't really know what they are yet cause they didn't play. A frustrating reality? Maybe. Should this coaching staff be more proactive in playing they rookies? Again maybe.

This thread is about Treadwell, however, and this particular conversation is about trying to contextualize why he only had one catch and why that may not spell doom for his career, a point that some fans believe may be the case.

Most of us recognize the shortcomings this FO and coaching staff had last year and are frustrated with them. We are also willing to look at ahead at the long view, while adding some context to the past and hope for improvement.

Last edited by Dolmonite26 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

Atlanta's Safety Neal started because of the complete lack of talent at their S position, Neal also did end up playing very well. Great pick for them. Also had Deion Jones start and even Campell start at LB for them. Ended up drafting really well at their positions of need.

Giants had Andrew Adams "start" but was took out by Leon Hall every game and lost his starting job at safety due to Leon Hall. They also had Eli Apple start while Rodgers-Cromartie was out. Ended up losing his job while struggling and also ended up getting injured and was out the rest of the season.

Patriots Malcom Mitchell started 2 games due to injuries to Amendola, Edelman, and then even Hogan. He got his most playing time when Edelman and Amendola were both out. Mitchell then got injured and never saw the field again.

Many rookies find starting jobs due to injuries. Treadwell rarely got a chance because he started out injured.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable

Last edited by gopherwrestler on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
marshpit23

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolmonite26 wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

I don't think anyone is arguing that the rookie class last year was good. They are saying that we don't really know what they are yet cause they didn't play. A frustrating reality? Maybe. Should this coaching staff be more proactive in playing they rookies? Again maybe.

This thread is about Treadwell, however, and this particular conversation is about trying to contextualize why he only had one catch and why that may not spell doom for his career, a point that some fans believe may be the case.

Most of us recognize some of the shortcomings this FO and coaching had last year and are frustrated with them. We are also willing to look at ahead at the long view, while adding some context to the past and hope for improvement.

Well said D 26!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun fact of the day:
Laquon Treadwell is younger than Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
Virginia Viking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If rookies become starters in their first year...then it's icing on the cake. However, if you draft players for making a huge impact as a rookie, then you're probably not going to have a job for long. Depending on rookies to perform as starters is playing with fools gold. I think Zimmer's way of using rookies makes sense for the team and for the player.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't read most of this thread I think, but does anyone think we'll use Treadwell in the slot this year to get him slowly acclimated, or just keep him on the outside to let Diggs man that spot?

Just throwing discussion points out there..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:

Part of the problem is that the Vikings aren't using early picks on needs. Waynes, Alexander and Treadwell aren't going to get on the field given who is ahead of them when drafted. If the Vikes start drafting for need with those early picks, maybe our OL wouldn't be as bad as it is. Waynes and Alexander will look like smart picks if they actually become the LCB and nickel CB, respectively. Treadwell will have a much more difficult time getting on the field, he's got some good and young WRs ahead of him.

If we aren't taking a day one starter at OL this year, we might be in trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:

Part of the problem is that the Vikings aren't using early picks on needs. Waynes, Alexander and Treadwell aren't going to get on the field given who is ahead of them when drafted. If the Vikes start drafting for need with those early picks, maybe our OL wouldn't be as bad as it is. Waynes and Alexander will look like smart picks if they actually become the LCB and nickel CB, respectively. Treadwell will have a much more difficult time getting on the field, he's got some good and young WRs ahead of him.

If we aren't taking a day one starter at OL this year, we might be in trouble.

Its pretty short sighted to only draft for the current years needs. If they didn't draft Alexander last year, CB would be a huge need this year. No one expected Thielan to break out like he did last year, Even with him, Treadwell has a good chance to be the 3rd WR,
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Didn't read most of this thread I think, but does anyone think we'll use Treadwell in the slot this year to get him slowly acclimated, or just keep him on the outside to let Diggs man that spot?

Diggs and Wright are slot WRs. So, it makes more sense to keep Treadwell outside for most snaps.

I'm not sure about MoBo, whose development we haven't heard much about lately. It seems he'd be an outside WR... but ... but...

But, anything could happen! Laughing
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Diggs and Wright are slot WRs. So, it makes more sense to keep Treadwell outside for most snaps.

I'm not sure about MoBo, whose development we haven't heard much about lately. It seems he'd be an outside WR... but ... but...

But, anything could happen! Laughing

Diggs can play on the outside quite well and should start on the outside over Treadwell. Diggs is also our best slot WR also so it makes sense to bring Treadwell on the field in 3 WR sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: