Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

dilfer a brown...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: dilfer a brown... Reply with quote

supposedly dilfer has been traded to u for either a 4th or 5th round draft pick...
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard radio report of same. Looking for confirmation.
BigRich3113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea it says he was trade to The Browns on ESPN News
LT22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the pick we got from Denver for Gerard Warren.
BrownOrangeBurgundyGold

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny how it worked out... Gerard Warren for Trent Dilfer.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's better... if you look at it that way...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two former first rounders.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND TWO BUSTS.

Man guys your talking like your getting a gem here. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone is talking like we got a gem...what we are saying is we've upgraded the position for a year or 2 till we can find our future QB.He is better than what we had and he won't cost a ton of money while providing veteren leadership...also we don't need our QB to win us games as much as we need him too not lose us games in the new system.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU HAVE THE 3RD PICK IN THE DRAFT Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Draft a QB this year...my god...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
truebrownsfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many other needs if the 3rd pick is a QB then Savage thinks he is best player available they aren't gonna reach for a QB no need to.BPA is the way he will draft.I personally don't feel Smith is an option...of the 2 I lke rodgers more but that being said is he the top 5 player regardless of poition in this draft...I don't believe so.
lacydog

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rodgers is available... maybe
Smith isn't a good fit here (Pocket passer, not mobile needed for this offense), and we need many other positions (CB, LB, OT being the most obvious). It's a terrible move to draft a guy who MIGHT be in the top 20 as far as talent is concerned with the 3rd overall pick when
a) You can draft other players who will have a better imediate impact at other positions
b) The QB class will be much better the next 2 years
and
c) You wouldn't start him anyway.

If we draft Smith, it won't be the end of the world, but that doesn't mean I won't like it. Alex Smith doesn't even look as good as Akili Smith coming out, and that's frightening.
akrongoblue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilfer is the right choice for the Browns at this time. I believe it is a waste to draft a QB until the O-Line can be situated for a year. I love the improvements already made towards the line, but its March and we always love the team in March. Let Dilfer run the team for a year (maybe two) and then hand the team over to Charlie Frey (2nd pick, 2nd round)!
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian_Patriot wrote:
AND TWO BUSTS.

Man guys your talking like your getting a gem here. Shocked

How does a quarterback who won a super bowl, and has been to the pro bowl, get labeled a bust? He was on the depth chart behind one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL, Hasselbeck. In the four games he appeared in this past year, all were wins. "Busts" don't play 11 years and still have trade value.

We're not getting a gem, we're getting a hard working team player, with Super Bowl winning experience. We are going to run a ball control offense, which doesn't need a gem of a QB to run it. The main priority of a QB in this offense is to not make mistakes. Protecting the football is Trent Dilfer's forte. We couldn't ask for anything more as Browns fans than to have a QB that can distribute the ball efficiently, without turning it over. All he has to do is get it to the playmakers we have, and good things will happen.
Canadian_Patriot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thats fair. But if not now then when...and who. You guys aren't always going to have a top 3 or 5 pick to grab a great QB. I know there's always a chance of landing a great guy after that. But if you take a look around the league at the elite QB's... most of them are high first round picks.

McNabb, Manning, Vick, Culpepper. Palmer and Carr will both be up there this year.

And of course there are exceptions Delhomme,Brady etc. But you can't always count on those guys. There roses between Thorns. And very rare. Dilfer may work out in CLE but hes not a solution... he like a drain plug. lol. But yes he could be successful. But i still consider him a bit of a bust. Yes he QB'd a team that won a superbowl, but everyone and there dog knows he had nothing to do with it. Hes a career back up, which is fine. But for a 1st round pick, i consider it a bit of a bust.

Blllaappp.
Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: